Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Thrustmaster Ts-pc Racer Ferrari 488 Not Working Advance mode

Hello Guys, I have a big problem.

Before the last update, my Thrustmaster Ts-pc Racer Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition, worked in Advanced mode without problems, but after the last update, it only works in normal mode, if I put the advance mode the force feeedback, it does not work. the steering wheel is as if it had turned off.

I've tried all the options that the game now shows, but none of them advancing mode works.

Can someone help me?
Because without the advanced mode, it is not possible to use all the configured buttons, and I cannot use all the features of the car, because in normal mode, some buttons are repeated, and instead of having 10 buttons in normal mode, we only have 7 and I use it in advanced mode just to be able to have more buttons, but without force feedback, it is very bad to play and make lives.

Thank you very much

Hello,

since the last update i have had the same problem.

Since then, the force feedback only works in the standard mode of the steering wheel.

• Like 1

I have the exact same wheel and am experiencing the same issue. Did not try using the wheel in "Normal" mode as that would not give us enough buttons to configure our options, as described by TS.

The problem is definitely caused by the latest game update as I've tried using the wheel with other driving simulators such as Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Assetto Corso and the wheel with force feedback works as per normal in those games. In Update 1.16, it was fine. After Update 1.17, FFB suddenly stopped working completely. Everything else works, steering, pedals, programmed buttons, paddle shifts, and RPM LEDS. All except FFB.

DxDiag.txt

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I recently purchased a Thrustmaster TS-PC 488 Ferrari Challenge edition FFB wheel for use with F1 2020.

In Normal mode, everything works great. FFB is fine, no issues. 

But when I switch to Advanced mode on the wheel, which opens up the additional programmable button functions, the FFB stops working.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, and deleting old joystick registry entries, to no effect. Firmware and drivers are current.

Nothing in the game indicates an issue. It recognizes the Advanced mode, even forcing a new control scheme when it is active.

When I change back to Normal mode, the control scheme reverts to its previous setting, as it should.

Edit: It appears the issue was also reported by someone else here.

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
    • No force feedback on TS-PC wheel when in Advanced mode.
  • Platform
    • PC
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)
  • Game-mode?
    • All
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    • Everytime
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    • Attempt to race in any mode while wheel is in Advanced mode
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
    • Deleted drivers and software, deleted all joystick registry entries, reinstalled drivers and software.
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
    • Thrustmaster TS-PC Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition, T-LCM pedals
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 
    • n/a
Edited by Catphish37
bug format

On 3/28/2021 at 5:35 PM, steviejay69 said:
  • A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
    • No force feedback on TS-PC wheel when in Advanced mode.
  • Platform
    • PC
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)
  • Game-mode?
    • All
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    • Everytime
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    • Attempt to race in any mode while wheel is in Advanced mode
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
    • Deleted drivers and software, deleted all joystick registry entries, reinstalled drivers and software.
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
    • Thrustmaster TS-PC Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition, T-LCM pedals
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 
    • n/a

These should both be posted as proper bug reports.

https://forums.codemasters.com/announcement/38-want-to-report-an-issue-have-a-bug-to-report-please-look-here-first/

Delete your custom control schemes and verify Steam files.

If either of you could post more technical feedback it would be helpful.

Update your wheels and drivers.

Yea, same issue with my TS-PC, after new update no FFB. Drivers reinstall, game too, nothing. Still same. No FFB.

is it possible to go back to version 1.16?
at least there we can use our steering wheel

28 minutes ago, RichardMax said:

is it possible to go back to version 1.16?
at least there we can use our steering wheel

If you have the update 1.16 patch saved on your system then you should be able to delete the game that has 1.17 installed  off your drive  then reinstall the original copy of the game without patches and then download patch 1.16 to it ( I would have thought) but Its an idea,  I have not tried this on a PC.

14 hours ago, Exasperated said:

If you have the update 1.16 patch saved on your system then you should be able to delete the game that has 1.17 installed  off your drive  then reinstall the original copy of the game without patches and then download patch 1.16 to it ( I would have thought) but Its an idea,  I have not tried this on a PC.

Unfortunately it is not that easy, Steam auto patches the game. There is no way to reinstall 1.16 unless you have a Steam backup at that build and turn off auto updating before you restore the backup.

The next issue is that Steam autosaves (if enabled) may be saved with 1.17 saves. Plus online won't work unless the game versions are the same. That's the 'off the top of my head' issues.

• Like 1

Hello.

I have the same problem with my ts-pc. Does someone have the solution??

1.       Loss of FFB and tacho LEDs in advanced mode. Works in normal mode
2.       1.17
3.       Any mode
4.       Self explainatory
5.       Self explainatory
6.       Reinstall of the wheel, reinstall of the game, googling this issue found a fix for g29 wheel with a solution that requires changing values with regedit. Deleting files in ..\My Games\F1 2020\hardwaresettings 
7.       TS-PC Racer, T-LCM pedals
8.       Unnecessary 

Dxdiag attached.

Thank you!

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Sp4Rk3x3