Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Thrustmaster Ts-pc Racer Ferrari 488 Not Working Advance mode

On 4/18/2021 at 2:17 PM, MartinyRacing said:

Same problem here with same wheel. Please, fix this. 
- Last update F1 2020 (1.17) 

- Any Mode.

- USB3/2.

- 2 different PC (one laptop with rtx2060 and pc with 3070).

- Tried Reinstall game and drivers.

- Updated Nvidia Drivers.

- All other games 0 problems. 

Let's try the desktop PC. Disconnect the wheel.

You can use USBDeView to remove all the redundant instances of the wheel driver. You can use Geek Uninstaller to remove all traces of the driver software.

Go into F1 2020 and delete any custom control settings.

Restart.

Thrustmaster Driver install, connect wheel (USB 2.0 motherboard port) when prompted and restart. Check for correct operation in Thrustmaster CP (also in advanced mode).

Perform the firmware update to v12. Screen capture it for me if you would?

Restart and test again in the Thrustmaster CP. Leave the wheel driver in advanced mode.

Post a new dxdiag.

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and verify Steam files.

Relaunch the game. 

The wheel should detect. Test the default control scheme operates successfully in-game.

Only then customise and save your control scheme.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Let's try the desktop PC. Disconnect the wheel.

You can use USBDeView to remove all the redundant instances of the wheel driver. You can use Geek Uninstaller to remove all traces of the driver software.

Go into F1 2020 and delete any custom control settings.

Restart.

Thrustmaster Driver install, connect wheel (USB 2.0 motherboard port) when prompted and restart. Check for correct operation in Thrustmaster CP (also in advanced mode).

Perform the firmware update to v12. Screen capture it for me if you would?

Restart and test again in the Thrustmaster CP. Leave the wheel driver in advanced mode.

Post a new dxdiag.

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and verify Steam files.

Relaunch the game. 

The wheel should detect. Test the default control scheme operates successfully in-game.

Only then customise and save your control scheme.

I did all this things many times and nothing happens. De dxdiag file is useless in this case. 

oh, and now, when i launch f1 2020, some times gives me BSOD driver related. Not nvidia. 

Edited by MartinyRacing

Just now, MartinyRacing said:

I did all this things many times and nothing happens. De dxdiag file is useless in this case. 

Thanks. 🙄 Good luck! 

16 minutes ago, MartinyRacing said:

oh, and now, when i launch f1 2020, some times gives me BSOD driver related. Not nvidia. 

Then update the post with the BSOD please.

3 hours ago, MartinyRacing said:

Eu faço isso e não tenho nenhum ffb no modo avançado. 

did you exactly follow the steps? you need to do each step.
I discovered a bug and I will update the post as well.

On 4/20/2021 at 6:29 PM, MartinyRacing said:

This and kernel driver.

BE640CB1-DA77-435E-AE77-9BDEF2C02699.jpeg

Without the updated dxdiag, details of the BSOD and proof of updating the firmware I can't offer any more assistance.

Hi. I've installed the 2021 thrusmaster controllers and the ts-pc steering wheel and Ferrari 488 hoop perfectly works for me. Thank you for the help.

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2021 at 5:05 PM, Colo89 said:

Hi. I've installed the 2021 thrusmaster controllers and the ts-pc steering wheel and Ferrari 488 hoop perfectly works for me. Thank you for the help.

It's so nice to hear just a plain "thanks" post. But most thanks go to @RichardMax

• Like 1

hello I still have the same problem with the ferrari 488 steering wheel, I have downloaded and updated drivers and game, but the steering wheel in advanced mode still does not work the force feedback.
it worked last week but f1 2020 has been updated to verison 1.18 and now it gives the same FFB problem😡

1. no force feedback in advanced mode thrustmaster ts-pc ferrari 488 only in default mode.

2. 1.18

3. All

4. TS-PC Racer Ferrari 488 Steering Wheel in Advanced Mode

5. It has been going on for a month in update 1.17 it was fixed with new drivers from thrustmaster but in version 1.18 of f1 the problem has returned

6. I have updated all the drivers and I have verified game files

7. Ts-pc racer, ferrari 488 challenge, fanatec v3 pedals

8. no

DxDiag.txt

21 hours ago, Colo89 said:

hello I still have the same problem with the ferrari 488 steering wheel, I have downloaded and updated drivers and game, but the steering wheel in advanced mode still does not work the force feedback.
it worked last week but f1 2020 has been updated to verison 1.18 and now it gives the same FFB problem😡

1. no force feedback in advanced mode thrustmaster ts-pc ferrari 488 only in default mode.

2. 1.18

3. All

4. TS-PC Racer Ferrari 488 Steering Wheel in Advanced Mode

5. It has been going on for a month in update 1.17 it was fixed with new drivers from thrustmaster but in version 1.18 of f1 the problem has returned

6. I have updated all the drivers and I have verified game files

7. Ts-pc racer, ferrari 488 challenge, fanatec v3 pedals

8. no

DxDiag.txt

Please read the recommended post about fullscreen mode and check your system is set up that way.

It is a shame that because we have this steering wheel, Ferrari 488, we have to juggle to be able to play a game that we have paid for. It seems to me a catastrophic horror on the part of codemasters or thrustmaster.
we want a solution without having to juggle😫

6 minutes ago, Colo89 said:

It is a shame that because we have this steering wheel, Ferrari 488, we have to juggle to be able to play a game that we have paid for. It seems to me a catastrophic horror on the part of codemasters or thrustmaster.
we want a solution without having to juggle😫

I understand your frustration but the workaround is there. We have to be realistic that the issues with hardware released after the game launch might not be fully integrated by the end of the patch cycle and with the announcement of F1 2021 the chances of further patches is quite slim.

The F1 2021 beta has been announced, it might be a good idea to apply and replicate the bug in that if it is still there. It is possible that the patch if pushed to F1 2021 beta or for inclusion in the final game could be backported to F1 2020, but there can't be any guarantees. 

I don't know if a driver update is the solution either, it is up to the CM and TM devs to figure between them,