Jump to content Jump to content

Suggestions for a better game

Hi, I want to suggest a new mode for a new f1 game in the future,
It could be a game mode in which you have to be within the team, managing the team from within, but in races, instead of running, manage the drivers, pit stops, send orders on race strategies, walking freely down the pit lane.
I think people who like realistic simulation would like to have the experience of organizing the team during the race, from the pit lane.

Interesting choice of Frontier games to highlight in that article, "Frontier Developments’ most recent games include Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo, spiritual successors to the Rollercoaster Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon series, as well as Jurassic World Evolution" 

Think they missed the most important one, Elite Dangerous! Also they were responsible for the original Elite on the BBC Micro. I am expecting an excellent F1 management game from them.

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2021 at 2:14 AM, NeilUK02 said:

Interesting choice of Frontier games to highlight in that article, "Frontier Developments’ most recent games include Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo, spiritual successors to the Rollercoaster Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon series, as well as Jurassic World Evolution" 

Think they missed the most important one, Elite Dangerous! Also they were responsible for the original Elite on the BBC Micro. I am expecting an excellent F1 management game from them.

Yesss! I hope too, let's wait to see what game they do

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

An great adiction to the game would be when you complete your carreer as a driver you could be able to be a chief Manager of your own Team and doing another 10 seasons as a manager

I get the general idea would be to do driver career and then flow it into a MyTeam experience.

However, all AI drivers would then be 20 years older by the time you finish your MyTeam series and every single driver from F1 and F2 would be retired. Kimi would be 61!   So you'd be racing against fictional characters which I imagine would take away the enthusiasm from those who like immersion. 

• Like 1
On 6/25/2021 at 7:31 AM, SmokyAtom07 said:

I get the general idea would be to do driver career and then flow it into a MyTeam experience.

However, all AI drivers would then be 20 years older by the time you finish your MyTeam series and every single driver from F1 and F2 would be retired. Kimi would be 61!   So you'd be racing against fictional characters which I imagine would take away the enthusiasm from those who like immersion. 

Yeah but in that case we could take the upcoming formed drivers from the F2 or the others customs ones created from Codemasters thinking on this special game mode

1 hour ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Yeah but in that case we could take the upcoming formed drivers from the F2 or the others customs ones created from Codemasters thinking on this special game mode

Have you played Motorsport Manager on PC? With Mods it's an excellent F1 management sim. 

• Like 1
On 6/29/2021 at 7:41 PM, KNT2011 said:

Have you played Motorsport Manager on PC? With Mods it's an excellent F1 management sim. 

I completely second this.  

I use a mod that turns it into the F1/F2/F3 2020 season. 
It can be abit fiddly if you try dive in at the top level at F1 as a beginner but if you dip your toe in at the bottom rung then it makes sense pretty quickly and you can get hours out of it without realising.

• Like 1

How about displaying what assists drivers used during the multiplayer game race results.  That will hopefully encourage people to disable or reduce their assists.  Or at very least make me feel better about losing in the rain to someone with TC and anti-lock brakes .....

• Like 1
4 hours ago, adzyofoz said:

How about displaying what assists drivers used during the multiplayer game race results.  That will hopefully encourage people to disable or reduce their assists.  Or at very least make me feel better about losing in the rain to someone with TC and anti-lock brakes .....

In the real world people who use TC and anti lock brakes do not feel ashamed of themselves for using assists, and as you know that other people will no doubt be beating you while  using assists then it would make more sense for you to start using assists yourself when they are needed  such as during wet races as its unlikely that the developers are going to actively seek to produce a game that may appear to vilify or ridicule its customers because of their choices and as the game is not like reality then it is purely a personal choice as to how you choose  to race against others with regard to car set up. I sympathise with you but It is what it is . Just a game unfortunately.

The playing field is never going to be completely level anyway so its not a true measure of a driver , look at Lewis Hamilton recently what he needs to do is get his assists back ........... that doesn't mean that he isn't a brilliant driver and more mentally strong than other drivers but his car is the problem at the moment  not him.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Yes it is mate.. i play in my cellphone in the Android and i love it

I can't recommend the PC version enough, there's so much added over mobile not to mention the race graphics are outstanding (if a little dated now I guess), plus the extra content, mods and DLC that are available for it. It's a surprise coming from mobile originally they never went for a console release as it is really what you're describing wanting from the F1 game, it would still be missing the all important mods as well though. 

I just don't think we'll see it from the F1 series, as they'll always want to focus you on the on track product, being the best part of the games. I enjoyed my time in MyTeam, and totally get why it's popular and people want it expanded, but it's got nothing on MM for depth unfortunately. 

• Like 1
On 7/3/2021 at 1:09 AM, Exasperated said:

In the real world people who use TC and anti lock brakes do not feel ashamed of themselves for using assists, and as you know that other people will no doubt be beating you while  using assists then it would make more sense for you to start using assists yourself when they are needed  such as during wet races as its unlikely that the developers are going to actively seek to produce a game that may appear to vilify or ridicule its customers because of their choices and as the game is not like reality then it is purely a personal choice as to how you choose  to race against others with regard to car set up. I sympathise with you but It is what it is . Just a game unfortunately.

The playing field is never going to be completely level anyway so its not a true measure of a driver , look at Lewis Hamilton recently what he needs to do is get his assists back ........... that doesn't mean that he isn't a brilliant driver and more mentally strong than other drivers but his car is the problem at the moment  not him.

The assists used are displayed in Time Trial mode leaderboard - so can't be a matter of CM worrying about ridiculing their customers. And what's with players who use anti-lock brakes having some sort of God-like braking when they down shift with 50m left in the braking zone going from 250km/hr to 80 in 50m....?  It's not a level playing field.... I don't want to have to sacrifice my sim experience to be able to compete with people who want to use assists.

3 hours ago, adzyofoz said:

The assists used are displayed in Time Trial mode leaderboard - so can't be a matter of CM worrying about ridiculing their customers. And what's with players who use anti-lock brakes having some sort of God-like braking when they down shift with 50m left in the braking zone going from 250km/hr to 80 in 50m....?  It's not a level playing field.... I don't want to have to sacrifice my sim experience to be able to compete with people who want to use assists.

I am not in disagreement with you , If I called the shots then all the online parts of the game and the TT game would have equal cars or its pointless ( obviously cheat hackers are another thing) to my mind and also causes people like yourself  participating to question the fairness of it . Unfortunately for some bizarre reason fairness is not what everybody wants in this World so its either join their little unfair party or just do'nt waste your time getting involved. Yes they should do something about it but they probably will not.