Jump to content Jump to content

The most stupid racing game ever

emabia1972

I am not a very good simracing expert but I have been playing F1 2020 for some time and I do not understand how it is possible that everything is allowed on the computer while I am penalized for every slightest mistake.

If the computer has decided that it must overtake, it does so even if there is no space. If I just touch an opponent I am penalized.

Even the most basic laws of physics such as the impenetrability of bodies are not taken into consideration.

I hope that in the next versions of the game these aspects will be improved because I really like playing F1 2020 but not like that.

49 minutes ago, emabia1972 said:

I am not a very good simracing expert but I have been playing F1 2020 for some time and I do not understand how it is possible that everything is allowed on the computer while I am penalized for every slightest mistake.

If the computer has decided that it must overtake, it does so even if there is no space. If I just touch an opponent I am penalized.

Even the most basic laws of physics such as the impenetrability of bodies are not taken into consideration.

I hope that in the next versions of the game these aspects will be improved because I really like playing F1 2020 but not like that.

Real F1 drivers never cause collisions by being too optimistic about how much space there may be to overtake of course...

I'm not saying AI performance is perfect, but try a few online lobbies and you'll probably think it does a better job than many humans! There's plenty or room for improvement in AI performance but to suggest F1 2020 is somehow the worst game ever in this regard really doesn't stack up as far as I'm concerned.

3 hours ago, emabia1972 said:

As said above it is a very harsh criticism and as all the people that use the game regularly and compete against the AI at 50% to 100% distance race wise the AI can be almost like human beings in their race craft , A lot of it comes from your approach to the way you drive yourself,  you have to position yourself in such away that you leave them as much room as you can so that they can do their thing without them collecting you as they do it . When I race against the AI which is a daily occurrence  a lot of 100% distance races in cockpit view I found that the AI drives much cleaner races at medium difficulty levels between  40 to 60 ,Sounds like it is for beginners if you are trying to impress people with your level and all that heroic nonsense that human beings are want to do , and if you drive in T Cam with all the FFB tuned down so that you are racing on a flat surface so that you can race on rails then 40 to 60 is not what a 'Racers' EGO can easily handle , but if you have decent steering wheel and pedals and you have the force FFB set up so that the kerbs will bounce your car off line if you go near them and you have to actually put some effort into driving the car round a lap then and you choose to drive in cockpit view and drive as if its a real race and not just ram your way around the track like a 5 year old then 40 to 60 AI will give a good level of challenge to most people . Give it a try and you may change your opinion about the AI .

As far as the AI not getting penalised goes they definitely do , for example yesterday In a race 3 AI drivers were given time penalties , they said they were all innocent of course but the penalties stuck .

That's the positive side , OK sometimes you will get a penalty for something that they blatantly  did  and yes its massively frustrating , I usually deal with this by finding the culprit and edging them into a wall or gently nudging them off the track into a gravel trap etc I treat this as a sort of mini game or side quest so to speak and this can actually be more fun than the race especially if I manage to do it without being penalised . After the race I can watch it all back in a replay 20 times AS I MAKE THEM PAY AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN  Pheeeeew , " ...... "Yes Mother I'll be down in a minute" " the chair just fell over , its nothing".

In conclusion "Why so serious" dust yourself down and start again from a different perspective, you,ll be glad you did. There's a lot of fun to be had and some broken chairs. Enjoy.

I drive at 45 difficulty level in POD Cam and the AI usually drives clean but what I don't understand is that when it decides to overtake it looks like I DO NOT EXIST. 

The AI does not take into consideration that I can be slower and that it could have to wait before overtaking. Many times it drives like a bulldozer.

It choose the best line and even if ther's no room for overtaking it does it.

That's why I drive with "no damages" option ON.

As I wrote I'm a beginner but as far as I know F1 202 is not considered the best racing game when we talk about physics and AI.

Unfortunately there's not a XBOX version for R2 Factor

1 hour ago, emabia1972 said:

The AI does not take into consideration that I can be slower and that it could have to wait before overtaking. Many times it drives like a bulldozer.

Are they lapping you, with you being shown blue flags? If so it is your responsibility to get out of their way.

10 hours ago, emabia1972 said:

I drive at 45 difficulty level in POD Cam and the AI usually drives clean but what I don't understand is that when it decides to overtake it looks like I DO NOT EXIST. 

It choose the best line and even if ther's no room for overtaking it does it.

That's why I drive with "no damages" option ON.

As I wrote I'm a beginner but as far as I know F1 202 is not considered the best racing game when we talk about physics and AI.

Unfortunately there's not a XBOX version for R2 Factor

What you describe can be made less of a problem by the way you position your car to defend against following AI, If you weave from side to side on corner approach this can usually make them go defensive and they become less aggressive , then you go to the inside line giving them plenty of room to come along side you in the corner, then as they come along side you carefully squeeze them to slow them a little  before you open up and deploy some ERS and short shift away from them to reclaim the space. When it comes down to it you have to do their driving for them as well as your own by forcing reactions in them .This is easily illustrated if you slow heavily into a corner while squeezing a following cars line ,slow them down to almost a standstill and then  accelerate away from them easily because the AI have poor reactions in the game to this behaviour , The only problem is that they have the use of an *** button as well as ERS and so even if you build a half a lap gap from them suddenly they wake up and do a lap time of 30 seconds and are sat on your gearbox.

Any way like I said there are things that you can do to control the way that the AI drive , but there will always be the odd incident where you are not aware they are there and they do a lunging move that ends in you losing out but then ............ You're Nico Rosberg its your début  in  F1  in a Williams at the Bahrain GP in 2006 and you spun out on the first lap , you are last and you have nothing to lose  but you don't give up and set about working your way through the field .

Archived