Jump to content Jump to content

The assists in current f1 2020 is way too helpful. The fact that ”you can drive faster without assits” is basically only true for the e-sport level drivers. And the potential to gain a tenth against the risk of spinning/locking up is not really motivating people to remove their training wheels. 
I understand and agree that the assists need to be there. But imo you need to be able to find the rewards of learning to drive without assists earlier. Example: abs should result in longer breaking distance and create more understeer on turn-in. TC acually restricting the exit speed/ apex rotation. Atm its basically just there to prevent any consequences from making a mistake.

when its possible and pretty common for people to get into the low 1.07s in tt at monaco, using abs tc and auto gears, something is wrong imo. Its kind of slap in the face to the drivers who sweated for hundreds of laps to get there, using no assists.

• Agree 3
20 hours ago, WigglyStyle said:

The assists in current f1 2020 is way too helpful. The fact that ”you can drive faster without assits” is basically only true for the e-sport level drivers. And the potential to gain a tenth against the risk of spinning/locking up is not really motivating people to remove their training wheels. 
I understand and agree that the assists need to be there. But imo you need to be able to find the rewards of learning to drive without assists earlier. Example: abs should result in longer breaking distance and create more understeer on turn-in. TC acually restricting the exit speed/ apex rotation. Atm its basically just there to prevent any consequences from making a mistake.

when its possible and pretty common for people to get into the low 1.07s in tt at monaco, using abs tc and auto gears, something is wrong imo. Its kind of slap in the face to the drivers who sweated for hundreds of laps to get there, using no assists.

Don't waste your time on that stuff , as said the majority of times are set by hackers or cheats, one of the main ones is a remove track limits cheat and they just cut the corners completely at Monaco , there is a video on YouTube claiming the 107.00 as the WR , its fast driving but cuts all the corners in a way that immediately invalidates your lap time  under normal game play. I selected a ghost of one of the top 3 times once and I arrived at Ste Devote and the ghost car just went directly across the kerbs almost touching the armco on the right hand side blatantly cheating but the time had been recorded and accepted on the leader board so if you want to get your name on the leader board you better start cheating , As you mentioned the assists thing whoever thought it was an idea at all to let people use any assists in the time trial part of the game was thinking only about the teenagers who buy the game for the obvious reason that they are the ones most likely to be interested in it, anyway as they cheat it has no value as a badge of honour anyway. What they should do in the game is just disable track limits for all players in time trial to give every one a go.  

I'm torn on this one. It's more realistic that using the assists isn't slower but as someone who has struggled to learn to drive without assists I definitely see the appeal of getting a performance gain for doing so! 

I shouldn’t have said anything about the tt thing, because it only triggers the cheaters discussion. My point was only that the assits in its current state, ruins any potential for a competetive and fun multiplayer experience.

4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'm torn on this one. It's more realistic that using the assists isn't slower but as someone who has struggled to learn to drive without assists I definitely see the appeal of getting a performance gain for doing so! 

I kinda agree with you. Using assits shouldn’t make you slower, or take away performance. I just think that if you drive over the limit, the assists need to be more agressive when they kick in. ABS is imo the most ridiculous right now. The way abs can perform an almost perfect trail brake by slamming down on the brake all the way to the apex. It’s not realistic and kinda op in current game. 
But the biggest reason i think the assits need to be more intrusive, is simply because F1 Car don’t have TC or ABS (!). And therefore the tc and abs shouldn’t work like its a gt3 sim like acc. Its f1 and thats why i think the assits should only be an aid for casual/new players to quickly get into and be able to enjoy the game. In its current state the assits can be used to gain different comptetive advantages in many ways, and as a helping hand, preventing the player from ever making a mistake.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, WigglyStyle said:

But the biggest reason i think the assits need to be more intrusive, is simply because F1 Car don’t have TC or ABS (!).

Well indeed and that is why I drive without them :classic_smile:. Seeing Mazepin spin off under acceleration last race was almost reassuring actually as that's a mistake I'm still very capable of replicating in the game!

On the ABS front the video below from a while ago appears to show an advantage for ABS being off in the specific case tested but I suspect this doesn't show the full story as you allude to. There are very fast TT times with it on after all. FWIW I'd like there to either be different leaderboards for assists on or off, or to be able to filter the current one to give your position re. others using the same assists.

7 hours ago, zampa said:

ABS off affects more than just the brakes, it makes the whole car have much more grip and turn in a lot more.

Are you sure? I'm doubtful there can be a big effect or there wouldn't be so many people near the top of TT leaderboards with ABS off?

When I switched ABS off I was too busy trying not to lock up or end up off the track to notice an upside :classic_laugh:.

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

Are you sure? I'm doubtful there can be a big effect or there wouldn't be so many people near the top of TT leaderboards with ABS off?

When I switched ABS off I was too busy trying not to lock up or end up off the track to notice an upside :classic_laugh:.

Yeah 100%, the force feedback in corners feels so different with ABS off. The less assists you run the more potential is unlocked in the car. Almost impossible to run the kerbs at Spa with ABS on, with it off you can drive over them easy.

Not so much being "rewarded" for having no assists, but agree there needs to be more benefit to turning them off as the likelihood of mistakes (and losing time) is far higher. 

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 5:53 PM, zampa said:

There has never been a better game to learn no assists on than this one, it's not easy but compared to last years game it is a breeze.

Sorry to protrude in on your valid point , I just wanted to add that this depends on all your settings if you are on a wheel because if you don't get them right its a pig of a game to drive without assists especially regarding the Rear diff  as if you don't get  a good setup on the throttle and trans settings on and off then on corner exit you are going to find out what Kylie Mynoguey gets upto., ....without the gold hot pants of course , but only because they're not available in the shop yet but It wont be long. Anyway like I said sorry for the protrusion. Have a good day.

Edited by Exasperated

I don’t know if it’s me, but since I use only traction(medium) I drive 3 secondes faster than before (ai from 80-100(sometimes 105)) in time trial, I know I’m learning better the circuits. but if you have the assist off you know what you doing,with assist it’s only steering and 0 control of your car.