Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

"Communicating with online services.." takes very long

Hi everyone,

Every time when I want to go back to the main menu, it takes a long time to "communicate with the online services".

Doesn't matter what gamemode. Even after I finish a qualifying in the weekly event, it will take a very long time to communicate with the online services to update the ranking.

No issues with my internet connection, don't know what to do to fix this.

Extra info:

Platform: PS4 Pro

Version of the game: 1.17 (but happened in the versions before aswell).

Wired connection

Happens every time I load into the main menu, but also when updating leaderboards (either Time trial/Weekly Event)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report in order to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. A template is here for you to copy and paste in your answers:

Please complete the report when possible, as we do need all the details below to replicate your problem. 

Many thanks,

Barry.

• A detailed description of the issue.  - Every time when I want to go back to the main menu, it takes a long time to "cummunicate with the online services". Doesn;t matter what gamemode (online and offline). Also happend when updating leaderboards after finishing a weekly event or Time Trial.
  • Platform - Playstation 4 PRO
  • What version of the game you are using - 1.17 (but happend in the versions before as well.)
  • Ranked/Unranked/Leagues - no specific, just when going back to the main menu and when updating leaderboards.
  • Wired or Wireless Connection? - Wired
  • The amount of players in your session? - doesn't matter
  • Were you the host? - x
  • Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see? - just me
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again? - everytime I go back to the main menu.
  • How do you make the problem happen? - leaving a gamemode and returning to the main menu or when updating leaderboards.

What is your NAT type @Patientje1. I think that if this happened before the patch, you may have some connectivity restrictions. What ports do you have open?

Hi @Patientje1,

Apologies, holiday here in the UK. You may want to consider changing to NAT type 1 if possible. Also, what ports do you have open for gaming?

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL I am facing similar issues on PS4 patch 1.17

I play time trial a lot, and every time I score a new better time record, it just doesn't sync it to the servers. And next time I load time trial for any circuit it gets stuck in the loading screen, or with message "Communicating with the online services".

Only after I restart the game and load time trial for the required track the earlier achieved time record syncs and the game loads fine.

PS: Changing to NAT type 1 is not secure, so I am hoping for a different solution to this.

cc @Patientje1

Edited by amitdash291
add PS

I also have this issue, have previously filled out a bug report and I agree Nat type 1 is NOT secure so this is NOT an acceptable answer to this issue.

Previous versions of the game have not had this problem. 

Seriously every time I start the game, it's not able to connect with the online services. I've to disconnect and connect my network several times, restart the game in the hope to get in. The point is, it seems like it's getting worse and worse every day. Have had this issue for a long time but it was sometimes. Currently I've it every time I start the game. Taking me around 10 minutes to get in the game and being able to do online time trial and stuff. 

How is it possible that you still haven't fixed this issue? Switching in NAT-type or so is not a safe solution. 

IMG_0419.HEIC

IMG_0418.HEIC

What ports does everyone have open for the game?

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

What ports does everyone have open for the game?

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean with ports and where can I find it?

2 minutes ago, FixitCodies said:

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean with ports and where can I find it?

This may be helpful. Having some port forwarding done with the attached links improves gameplay performance: https://portforward.com/f1-2020/

EDIT: Don't use their software. Finding out your IP is pretty simple, and port forwarding is very useful to improve gameplay experience.

10 hours ago, BarryBL said:

This may be helpful. Having some port forwarding done with the attached links improves gameplay performance: https://portforward.com/f1-2020/

EDIT: Don't use their software. Finding out your IP is pretty simple, and port forwarding is very useful to improve gameplay experience.

Sorry for saying this, but isn't it strange that I've to switch things in my router settings and stuff? I play a lot of online games and never had this issue. 

11 hours ago, FixitCodies said:

Sorry for saying this, but isn't it strange that I've to switch things in my router settings and stuff? I play a lot of online games and never had this issue. 

No it's not strange. Either uPnP just works (but it's not faultless and not always implemented on all routers), firewall exceptions have to be created or true port forwarding rules instead.

On 4/21/2021 at 9:43 AM, steviejay69 said:

No it's not strange. Either uPnP just works (but it's not faultless and not always implemented on all routers), firewall exceptions have to be created or true port forwarding rules instead.

So, does it work like this. I'm not really experienced in these things. See the picture. I've add line 3. TCP&UDP and I did choose for 3478. Please let me know.

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-24 om 14.28.41.png

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-24 om 14.32.13.png

1 hour ago, FixitCodies said:

So, does it work like this. I'm not really experienced in these things. See the picture. I've add line 3. TCP&UDP and I did choose for 3478. Please let me know.

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-24 om 14.28.41.png

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-24 om 14.32.13.png

There would need to be additional rules;

F1 2020 - Playstation 4

TCP: 1935, 3478-3480

UDP: 3074, 3478-3479

The rule you have added needs to be changed to TCP/UDP 3478-3479, you need TCP 1935,3480 and UDP 3074

Also the IP address they apply to needs to be assigned to the PS4, this is usually done on the router (assigned IP, router always assigns matches based on Network Name or MAC address) or in the PS4 setup (static IP, PS4 is configured with IP address matching the rule, subnet mask and default gateway)

20 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

There would need to be additional rules;

F1 2020 - Playstation 4

TCP: 1935, 3478-3480

UDP: 3074, 3478-3479

The rule you have added needs to be changed to TCP/UDP 3478-3479, you need TCP 1935,3480 and UDP 3074

Also the IP address they apply to needs to be assigned to the PS4, this is usually done on the router (assigned IP, router always assigns matches based on Network Name or MAC address) or in the PS4 setup (static IP, PS4 is configured with IP address matching the rule, subnet mask and default gateway)

Thanks but I really don't know how I've to do this in my router settings... I can't find any fields where I'm able to fill this specific digits.

8 minutes ago, FixitCodies said:

Thanks but I really don't know how I've to do this in my router settings... I can't find any fields where I'm able to fill this specific digits.

It's absolutely clear from the screenshot you've posted yourself. And my reply is actually literal.

12 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

It's absolutely clear from the screenshot you've posted yourself. And my reply is actually literal.

Like this? I don't know how to combine them in the same rule.

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-25 om 12.25.06.png

6 minutes ago, FixitCodies said:

Like this? I don't know how to combine them in the same rule.

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-25 om 12.25.06.png

I highlighted what you'd done in Rule 3 in your first screenshot.

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

I highlighted what you'd done in Rule 3 in your first screenshot.

But it isn't clear for me, sorry. What If you could fill the rule 3, what number would you've filled in the different fields?

• First field is clear, that is the ip from my PS5.
  • Second field, Protocol type: can be changed to: UTP OR UDP OR UTP&UDP
  • Third field, LAN Port: What number do I've to fill?
  • Fourth field, Public Port: What number do I've to fill?

Can it all be set in rule 3 or do I need to add an extra rule 4?

21 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

It has been there all along. Rule 3, 4 and 5. The LAN and the Public Ports are the same unless you use the LAN port for some other device.

FixItYourself. New username?

6 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

It has been there all along. Rule 3, 4 and 5. The LAN and the Public Ports are the same unless you use the LAN port for some other device.

FixItYourself. New username?

Seriously, why can't you answer it the way like I ask for? Does it look like I understand it? What for you could be easy, it won't maybe for someone else. Also English isn't my native so harder to understand.

Please tell me how i've to fill this in three different rules: "TCP/UDP 3478-3479, you need TCP 1935,3480 and UDP 3074". I can't combine numbers (like 3478-3479 or 1935,3480) in the same field. You give me comma's and a dash please explain how i've to read them.

So:
Rule 1: 
Rule 2:
Rule 3:

4 minutes ago, FixitCodies said:

Seriously, why can't you answer it the way like I ask for? Does it look like I understand it? What for you could be easy, it won't maybe for someone else. Also English isn't my native so harder to understand.

Please tell me how i've to fill this in three different rules: "TCP/UDP 3478-3479, you need TCP 1935,3480 and UDP 3074". I can't combine numbers (like 3478-3479 or 1935,3480) in the same field. You give me comma's and a dash please explain how i've to read them.

So:
Rule 1: 
Rule 2:
Rule 3:

I don't have the router manual but I can see the setup screen. It is there in the help. But if you continually crop and blank the images what do you expect?

RTFM?