Jump to content Jump to content

Thrustmaster 300RS Buttons - where to put overtake?

I tend to not run ERS assist off nor overtake button, but thats mostly because I'm not quite sure where to stick the button.

I have fuel mix up/down on Triangle/X so they can be toggled without the mfd, DRS has stayed on L2.  I did toy with Overtake on R2 as well as Look behind but found it annoying.  And while setting to one of the direction buttons might work, you'd be sacrificing one of them (up would be the least used I'd expect).

Where does everyone else put it?

DRS assist is like one of two assists I still have on, so that frees up either the "9" or "10" button on my TR300S for the overtake function. I tend to have overtake on the rightmost topmost button, while my leftmost topmost is "looking back". I agree with the posting above that it is not too realistic using "look back", but to be perfectly honest my multitasking abilities are limited and sometimes it is easier to check "in your mirror" how far an opponent is behind you, than on the timetable listings.

Sorry it’s a 150rs.   Possibly a few less buttons. I might try the up direction button as it I’m diving into the mfd mid race it’s normally top down only 

yeah I kind of agree about the look  back, but in cockpit view I wonder why there are no mirrors. Which would solve that need.

2 hours ago, psycik said:

Sorry it’s a 150rs.   Possibly a few less buttons. I might try the up direction button as it I’m diving into the mfd mid race it’s normally top down only 

yeah I kind of agree about the look  back, but in cockpit view I wonder why there are no mirrors. Which would solve that need.

Go to controller menu and assign look left to L2 and look Right to R2 and you have your mirrors in cockpit view , also if you go to camera settings and select 35 degrees as your field of view then move the camera as far forward towards the on screen steering wheel as possible then select maximum 15 degrees look to Apex and you are set to race in cockpit view if you are playing in cockpit view you need to put the TV or monitor very close to your wheel as close to your head as you can have it and everything is  in good focus but not so close so that you can see the individual LED's if its that type of screen obviously. Sitting  10ft away from the screen doesn't work.

Edited by Exasperated

Actually I found a virtual mirror in the settings.  Much better, no need to looking anywhere now. 

So I put drs on l2 and overtake on r2.

Does that mean I do not or do not need to alter the ers 1-3 settings any more?

1 hour ago, psycik said:

Actually I found a virtual mirror in the settings.  Much better, no need to looking anywhere now. 

That virtual mirror sounds nice , what are you driving a  GT3 RS.

7 hours ago, psycik said:

In a race, yes. For practice and qualifying you'll still want other options.

Hi,

i got the TMX and i start playing with wheel on f1 on Xbox, so I config my button like this for better use and don’t have to check the DMF every time. 
- For fuel + and less ERS it’s X 

- For fuel - and more ERS it’s A 

- Activate DRS and Parc Assist it’s Y 

- Overtaking it’s B 

- DMF it’s View button 

- Up And down cross it’s for the DIFFENRENTIAL 

- Left and Right cross it’s tire pressure 

I don’t use the back view and speak option I don’t know it’s a good choice for speak option but all have them can’t be configured on console so I just let it behind. 

I started having better chrono 

On 4/1/2021 at 2:31 AM, psycik said:

I tend to not run ERS assist off nor overtake button, but thats mostly because I'm not quite sure where to stick the button.

I have fuel mix up/down on Triangle/X so they can be toggled without the mfd, DRS has stayed on L2.  I did toy with Overtake on R2 as well as Look behind but found it annoying.  And while setting to one of the direction buttons might work, you'd be sacrificing one of them (up would be the least used I'd expect).

Where does everyone else put it?

I have overtake linked to R2 which is the PL button on the Ferrari F1 add on and moved the Limiter to the same button as the DRS button (circle) as they’re not going to conflict during racing

• 2 weeks later...