Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Pre-Season Testing

F1® 2021 | Pre-Season Testing  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Pre-Season Testing in F1® 2021?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 7/16/2021 at 06:07

Hello,

I think it is really cool if you have 3 pre season sessions on bahrain before the seasons starts like 3 practice sessions, so that we are be able to upgrade something and test if the upgrade works like reallife before the season starts. And offcourse you need to be able to skip them for the people that don't like it. 
Let your thoughts know in the reactions and vote the poll so that we can see how much people also wants this.

That was my idea / suggestion i hope it will come into the game because it is really realistic.

Kind regards,

Rik Meijers

Edited by rikmeijers2002
  • Agree 1
13 minutes ago, rikmeijers2002 said:

Hello,

I think it is really cool if you have 3 pre season sessions on bahrain before the seasons starts like 3 practice sessions, so that we are be able to upgrade something and test if the upgrade works like reallife before the season starts. And offcourse you need to be able to skip them for the people that don't like it. 
Let your thoughts know in the reactions and vote the poll so that we can see how much people also wants this.

That was my idea / suggestion i hope it will come into the game because it is really realistic.

Kind regards,

Rik Meijers

Hi
A very interesting proposal. I think people would love to take part in something like this. I like the concept very much and if there was a chance I would take part.

I look forward to further details of this project

Yours sincerely
Pawel567

Currently I think all upgrades in the game are guaranteed to have a positive effect? For testing to really work I think there would also need to be a chance of an modification making the car worse.

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 10:19 AM, Ultra3142 said:

Currently I think all upgrades in the game are guaranteed to have a positive effect? For testing to really work I think there would also need to be a chance of an modification making the car worse.

Or an upgrade could prove ineffective, but open up another avenue of development that would see benefits when further parts are developed. Could also close off another avenue if this one was pursued. There is so much more they could do with R&D if some real thought was put into it...

• Agree 1

Great idea but would have to be a meaningful feature otherwise after 1 season everyone will just simulate it, maybe all R&D can be affected for the coming season if enough laps/programs aren't completed during Pre Season practice. Maybe something like all R&D points reduced by 25% for the season. 

I understand some people have limited time to play the game so a full pre season would need to be one of the options you choose at the start of the career. But once selected it has to be made meaningful, after all if a teams Pre Season is interrupted it does affect them the whole season. Look at Williams when they had to miss it altogether.  

Edited by NeilUK02
Correction
Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2021 at 10:10 AM, NeilUK02 said:

Great idea but would have to be a meaningful feature otherwise after 1 season everyone will just simulate it, maybe all R&D can be affected for the coming season if enough laps/programs aren't completed during Pre Season practice. Maybe something like all R&D points reduced by 25% for the season. 

I understand some people have limited time to play the game so a full pre season would need to be one of the options you choose at the start of the career. But once selected it has to be made meaningful, after all if a teams Pre Season is interrupted it does affect them the whole season. Look at Williams when they had to miss it altogether.  

Maybe if you do some upgrades and don't test them in Pre Season testing that the upgrade is less good and if you do test the upgrade it will have a more positive impact.

Edited by rikmeijers2002