Jump to content Jump to content

Grid Autosport PS3 Fanatec 911 Wheel Camera Problems

I know this is an old game on an old console with an old wheel, but hopefully someone out there has had this issue and was able to fix it! Short story long, I bought two Fanatec 911 turbo wheels for dirt cheap about a month ago. There are not many PS3 games that claim to be compatible with these wheels. I first tried GT6 and it was not compatible. Then I saw that Grid Autosport listed the Fanatec 911 Turbo wheel as being compatible, so I purchased the game from eBay. Well, the wheel does "work" with the game, BUT the camera angle is forced into a sideways or backwards view! When I attempt to switch the camera to the normal view, you know so I can actually race, it will not stay on that view! It will switch to and stay on every other camera view EXCEPT a view that allows me to actually see ahead of the car. I have tried to switch the options to cockpit view, but that stuck me looking backwards in the car... I kind of expect that this was a known issue at one point, and there is no fix.. So the next question, are there any old PS3 games that will work with this wheel?

6 hours ago, LazarusLongest said:

I know this is an old game on an old console with an old wheel, but hopefully someone out there has had this issue and was able to fix it! Short story long, I bought two Fanatec 911 turbo wheels for dirt cheap about a month ago. There are not many PS3 games that claim to be compatible with these wheels. I first tried GT6 and it was not compatible. Then I saw that Grid Autosport listed the Fanatec 911 Turbo wheel as being compatible, so I purchased the game from eBay. Well, the wheel does "work" with the game, BUT the camera angle is forced into a sideways or backwards view! When I attempt to switch the camera to the normal view, you know so I can actually race, it will not stay on that view! It will switch to and stay on every other camera view EXCEPT a view that allows me to actually see ahead of the car. I have tried to switch the options to cockpit view, but that stuck me looking backwards in the car... I kind of expect that this was a known issue at one point, and there is no fix.. So the next question, are there any old PS3 games that will work with this wheel?

According to inside sim racing review of the wheel you need a wireless dongle USB stick that was supposed to come with the wheel and there was also a USB memory stick with the wheel that had some driver on it but it did not have all the necessary updates , the only PS3 game mentioned was Grand tourism 5 but to make it work with the wheel you needed to update the drivers to the latest version off the Fanatic website you can find reviews of the wheel on YouTube that could help. Maybe.

45 minutes ago, LazarusLongest said:

Thanks for the reply. I have both dongles. I'll see if I can download the drivers. It would be great if GT6 would work with driver update. Although I thought the drivers were only for PC...

Some one needs to reply on here ,you know what I mean ,  187 views 0 replies etc I' not sure about the PC only thing but its was definitely related to GT5 and they said that when GT5 came out the wheel worked with the game then GT put out an update that made it incompatible so Fanatic did a update for the actual wheel its self , firmware or whatever it needed, hope its still available on The Fanatic site so that at least you have 1 game to go at plus with an update it may solve the Grid problem , Good luck.

43 minutes ago, LazarusLongest said:

The drivers on the fanatec website are for windows.

Yes there is no firmware update available I just had a look so there is no change available for any game on PS3. Looks like you need to find a different wheel to use. The world of FANATEC strikes me as being problematec

Edited by Exasperated