Jump to content Jump to content

Game Crashes On Title Screen

Hi, all. Second time I've posted this since I didn't fill out the report correctly the first time.

Description Of Issue:

Ever since I got my Logitech G29 wheel and plugged it in, the game has failed to go past the title screen after "Press Any Button."

Game Version:

Should be the most recent patch of the 1.17 update on Steam. I can go back and check, but I'm short on time at the moment of writing this, so I'll have to grab it later.

Gamemode:

None. The game crashes before I can ever select one.

Can I Recreate It?:

Yes, all I have to do is launch the game from Steam or desktop.

How Often Does This Happen?:

All the time. It's done this since I plugged in the G29.

Troubleshooting?:

I tried validating the files and Steam said it found 40 missing, and replaced them all. Game still crashed on title screen. Ran the game on DX11, still crashed on title screen. I already run the game at a low graphics setting due to the drive I have it on (considering switching the game over to my C drive from my D drive, but I doubt it'll work any better). I have tried to launch the game without the G29 or my Xbox controller plugged in, game loaded a bit, but still crashed before it ever took me to the main menu.

Accessories Used:

Before the issue, I used a wired PowerA Xbox One controller. The issue started after I plugged in my Logitech G29.

EGO Dumper file is attached below.

Any answers or solutions would be appreciated ASAP.

egodumper.log

Thanks for the reply, Stevie.

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Install the drivers for the G29.

Already did this after plugging in the wheel for the first time. I was required to get the G Hub, I would think all the drivers were installed when doing it for the first time?

Make sure the Steam controller input is disabled.

This was set to the global setting when I checked it, though I did reselect it and saved in hopes that it might work again.

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and verify the Steam game files.

Such file does not exist. I'll have Steam run through and validate the files at some point today.

3 hours ago, Deadsphere said:

Thanks for the reply, Stevie.

Already did this after plugging in the wheel for the first time. I was required to get the G Hub, I would think all the drivers were installed when doing it for the first time?

This was set to the global setting when I checked it, though I did reselect it and saved in hopes that it might work again.

Such file does not exist. I'll have Steam run through and validate the files at some point today.

Steam will not validate the hardware_settings_config.xml the game reads it if it exists and creates it if it does not.

If it does not exist and the game does not launch properly this is maybe the issue, the most likely being access to the home directory (C:\$USERNAME$\My Documents) this is most probably caused by a Windows security setting Controlled Folder Access (Start|Settings|Update & Security|Windows Security|Virus & Threat Protection|Virus and Threat Protection Settings|Controlled Folder Access) is enabled. Disable it.

Next most likely is 3rd party AV or damaged Windows installation.

7 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Next most likely is 3rd party AV or damaged Windows installation.

I suspect this may be the issue, as controlled folder access is disabled.

Would it help to know the fact that I installed a modded livery from RaceDepartment that replaced the RaceNet livery with that of a Toyota based livery? I installed this livery shortly after getting the game. It would cause the game to crash at the title once, but restarting the game after the crash would allow me to play the game.20210211092113_1.thumb.jpg.aac675e2bc205516507937777c7cbe80.jpg

3 hours ago, Deadsphere said:

I suspect this may be the issue, as controlled folder access is disabled.

Would it help to know the fact that I installed a modded livery from RaceDepartment that replaced the RaceNet livery with that of a Toyota based livery? I installed this livery shortly after getting the game. It would cause the game to crash at the title once, but restarting the game after the crash would allow me to play the game.20210211092113_1.thumb.jpg.aac675e2bc205516507937777c7cbe80.jpg

It looks very nice, but the standard advice is to remove all mods, as the game does have anti-tamper tech.

35 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

It looks very nice, but the standard advice is to remove all mods, as the game does have anti-tamper tech.

Damn, alright. I didn't think the anti-tamper/anti-cheat would apply to  MyTeam career mode. Before all of this, the game would crash once at title, then get past it after relaunch.

Archived