Jump to content Jump to content

What is wrong with F1 2020

A heartfelt message from our league owner Rwaggy after we had to red flag a league race because yet again the game broke any chance of a fair race result. 
We want to love this game so much, but the last few weeks have been utter agony. 
We have stopped doing bug reports since last week because we feel that after nine month of us dedicating our time to sending report after report, we have done our part and can go no further in trying to make this worth our effort. The fixes to our problems have been few and far between. The most common response being: " we cannot reproduce it, therefore it does not exist". Now that our main bug reporter (Bica) has been suspended from this forum for being overly critical we have come to the conclusion that we are just not heard. 
It is a sad state of affairs that Codemaster has this amazing community ready, willing and able to dedicate their time and effort into making this game better. But seemingly have chosen not to listen to their plea's.
Week after week hundreds of league coordinators and thousand of drivers take time out of their lives to prepare, plan and organize events and league races. But they are often met with game breaking bugs or unworkable timing tables in their events. Hardly any race goes by where there isn't a driver affected by something that should not be there this far into the release of this game. 

In conclusion, We love F1 we want to love this game, but the game is making it very hard for us to be loved.

Clip: of our last race ending under red flag conditions because of VSC bug causing DSQ's
https://clips.twitch.tv/OriginalPuzzledOcelotPrimeMe-Rl7tIzOzFCLW07IA

Statement from our league owner regarding the current situation:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, cearp8858 said:

100% agree with all teh points of the video, running a league on the f1 games has been extremely painful on F1 2020 

Haven t tried yet league races mate.. i had build One last week to try to do the Medal Achievement but i can confirm that Multiplayer Lobbies Races are so far very Hard for you do a cleanest Race because how most often someone crashes against to you ruins your race and at the end you receive some kind a funny ******* Penalty when you haven t any fault on it.. example in This last thrusday i was doing a great Race i was at front of the pack leading the Race behind of Safety Car and some jerk had at all his speed crashed against me and i had to retire of the Race with Terminal Damage.. so its ridiculous sometimes

1 minute ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Haven t tried yet league races mate.. i had build One last week to try to do the Medal Achievement but i can confirm that Multiplayer Lobbies Races are so far very Hard for you do a cleanest Race because how most often someone crashes against to you ruins your race and at the end you receive some kind a funny ******* Penalty when you haven t any fault on it.. example in This last thrusday i was doing a great Race i was at front of the pack leading the Race behind of Safety Car and some jerk had at all his speed crashed against me and i had to retire of the Race with Terminal Damage.. so its ridiculous sometimes

the main issue isn't the standard of drivers its the fact that the bugs you encounter online are game braking sometimes, the league i am co owner for have run leagues since f1 2016 and every game has issues of some kind but the quality of online for f1 2020 in terms of bugs like those that rwaggy explained just kills multiplayer. we was due to start a 3rd season on f1 2020 but we cannot get the drivers interested in actually racing because of the bugs we encounter every race 

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

the main issue isn't the standard of drivers its the fact that the bugs you encounter online are game braking sometimes, the league i am co owner for have run leagues since f1 2016 and every game has issues of some kind but the quality of online for f1 2020 in terms of bugs like those that rwaggy explained just kills multiplayer. we was due to start a 3rd season on f1 2020 but we cannot get the drivers interested in actually racing because of the bugs we encounter every race 

Yeah understood mate.. i think that if Codemasters could adapt in their titles the System of Iracing these problems would desappear so far.. personally i think in Online the Iracing its the greatest of all the Time

single player career mode and my team is fantastic, i have spent the vast majority of the 200+ hours driving single player with next to no issues but multiplayer needs a massive overhaul, when you have cars doing 200mph and have varying connection strength and ping PEER TO PEER connections are not adequate give us DEDICATED SERVERS like the community have been asking since f1 2017 and you may find the vast majority of issues with de sync or connections etc will be fixed.   

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

single player career mode and my team is fantastic, i have spent the vast majority of the 200+ hours driving single player with next to no issues but multiplayer needs a massive overhaul, when you have cars doing 200mph and have varying connection strength and ping PEER TO PEER connections are not adequate give us DEDICATED SERVERS like the community have been asking since f1 2017 and you may find the vast majority of issues with de sync or connections etc will be fixed.   

My Team are great mate in my case i am an Xbox One (1st version) user and i play the game since the release.. the other carreer mode i won t play because seems that you are unable to Change the performance order of the Teams during all your campaing.. i don t have any kind of interest doing a carreer for see that at the end Mercedes continues beeing equal.. but i am doing more Multiplayer races specially in This last week.. i agree that Multiplayer should be improved a lot and with much more garanteed servers and an different system of Penalties for the dirt players

2 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Haven t tried yet league races mate.. i had build One last week to try to do the Medal Achievement

For info. I believe most leagues actually hold their races in private lobbies rather than using the game's league feature.

• Agree 3
2 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

i don t have any kind of interest doing a carreer for see that at the end Mercedes continues beeing equal.

Need to disagree on this. In my career mode Ferrari are the fastest car, with Mercedes, McLaren(where I am driving) and AlphaTauri pretty equal, than Red Bull, Renault and Racing Point in the 3rd pack. Haas is much better and sometimes grabs some points as Alfa and Williams are lapped almost every race.

Last season I was with Red Bull and won the drivers championship, but lost contructor to Ferrari in the last race by 1 point, AlphaTauri ended 3rd and Mercedes 4th, Renault 5th, Racing Point 6th, McLaren 7th, Haas 8th and Alfa and Williams both ended with 0 points. 4th to 5th season and there was no regulation changes however there was some performances changes as I mentioned above. 

Edited by Tomasslb24

He's hit nail on it's head while the single player has flaws it's great out of the box. The multiplayer isn't worth the time anymore. If people continue to buy defective products from a broken EGO engine, Codemasters they will carry on building up the hype each year. Just like what's happening with the hype the next Battlefield at the moment. 

Edited by Chromatic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 1:20 PM, cearp8858 said:

I spent over 800 hours - so I really know of what I am talking when it comes to bugs / errors / failures / in Mp in my Team in GP Mode etc .......