Jump to content Jump to content

(Steam) Saved highlights not exporting correctly

• A detailed description of the issue.  

When u export a highlight and open it with a video player of your choice that can open a .webm file it will simply be a green screen with the replay music.

This happends on both DX12 and DX11 

• Platform

Steam

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.17 (But in 1.16 this was also the case)

• Game-mode?

Not really a gamemode but its the Theater section in the main menu

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Simply do a MP or SP race, after u finished the race navigate to the theather in the main menu and use F7 to export your highlight.

Once its exported try to open the exported highlight with any videoplayer that can read .webm files. Once openend u will be greated by a green screen with the replay music playing in the background.

(Is the exported highlight supposed to be in .webm format? Its a weird format to export something in unless the engine can't export it in another format.)

• How do you make the problem happen?

Same as above ^

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Tried to convert the exported highlight to a .mp4 format but sadly it didn't help and it still shows me a green screen with replay music playing

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Not applicable

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

I attatched my exported highlight, hopefully this gives a general idea of what i mean with a green screen with replay music playing in the background 😜.

I was able to export my highlights without issue (a Japan Unranked MP session).

But I do think that what I found when attempting to record the process warrants further attention. My FPS tanked in Afterburner, my wheel was outputting strange numbers to the dash, Steam disconnected and told me my connection wasn't available and the process crashed out.

It is highly likely some other process is interfering with the export - this is what using ReLive! did.

Post a dxdiag and a screen of your running processes (Task Manager). It might be possible to identify.

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I was able to export my highlights without issue (a Japan Unranked MP session).

But I do think that what I found when attempting to record the process warrants further attention. My FPS tanked in Afterburner, my wheel was outputting strange numbers to the dash, Steam disconnected and told me my connection wasn't available and the process crashed out.

It is highly likely some other process is interfering with the export - this is what using ReLive! did.

Post a dxdiag and a screen of your running processes (Task Manager). It might be possible to identify.

Did u try to play the exported japan hightlight? The export itself runs without errors its the media file that the export creates in: Documenten\My Games\F1 2020\highlights\ that is corrupt not the export process itself. (maybe i should have clarified that a bit better in the title)

Yes i can provide u with those pictures but i highly doubt some program is corrupting the export and make the screen go green with no car sounds etc.

In the video u attatched u only show the export but your not playing the exported file :D. Can u try to play the japan highlight u exported from earlier?

Maybe u already did this but i can't get a clear picture that your exported hightlight is also corrupted like mine.

2 hours ago, (NL)NOOTLORD said:

Did u try to play the exported japan hightlight? The export itself runs without errors its the media file that the export creates in: Documenten\My Games\F1 2020\highlights\ that is corrupt not the export process itself. (maybe i should have clarified that a bit better in the title)

Yes i can provide u with those pictures but i highly doubt some program is corrupting the export and make the screen go green with no car sounds etc.

In the video u attatched u only show the export but your not playing the exported file :D. Can u try to play the japan highlight u exported from earlier?

Maybe u already did this but i can't get a clear picture that your exported hightlight is also corrupted like mine.

Yes the exported file plays correctly in VLC. It's too large to upload to YouTube in any reasonable amount of time.

Without the dxdiag as requested this is not a bug. It's not replicable (except in your setup).

10 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Yes the exported file plays correctly in VLC. It's too large to upload to YouTube in any reasonable amount of time.

Without the dxdiag as requested this is not a bug. It's not replicable (except in your setup).

I see, ill try again later with all programs closed and check if the result is still the same.

If i find something that could be related to the issue i will leave a comment under this post again if not u can close the post later in the week 🙂.

Archived