Jump to content Jump to content

A few desired QOL improvements that are not (horribly) scope-changing

Big vast changes to already built systems are difficult to impliment and I wanted to come up with a list of QOL things that I've noticed that would elevate a Dirt Rally game in unique ways.

1. A better way to share tunes, either a code/hash of some sort or just a .txt file that could be copy-pasted or shared easily between friends instead of having to screenshot or manually write down multiple different pages of settings

2. A way to have the same number of tunes as there are locations, and potentially a second page for wet stages - I would love for this to be unlimited, but will settle for having the same number of save slots as there are locations

3. Actual numbers for FOV settings maybe in an advanced advaned menu and a greater range of values

4. An override for paddles/sequential to stop the reverse lockout/ neutral stick that one gets. I have been caught too many times trying to throw it into first while still rolling backwards at 1mph and it kills me that there is not an override to let you slam it into the wrong gear at the wrong time. Let me make those mistakes!

5. A way to save a tune AFTER a stage has been run that is not a time trial. For example in clubs I have made a great change to a tune halfway through the club and then not been able to save it once the club has ended if there isnt a service after my final change.

6. A better way to see what degridation is enabled on any given stage would be nice, we can already see the weather but degridation would be nice as well.

7. I personally don't like the descriptor of heavy gravel vs light gravel, I would prefer loose gravel vs tight/ compacted or some way to visually see a sample of what is being driven on, on low graphics settings the ground looks very similar between stages and in IRL you'd just go kick at the dirt a little bit to see how deep the first layer was -  its currently a ton of trial and error to get a good idea of what the surface you're driving on is supossed to act like

8. This is the only big one, and I think it could have tons of really cool implications - Tire pressure as a changeable setting and having that relate to tire wear. I think knowing you have a long way to drive and choosing to take hard tires but airing them down a little bit to get some more grip with the concequence that you might make them easier to puncture could be a super cool way to add some depth to the tuning that currently the game lacks.

9. A test track that is a LOOP so you can get some laps in that are a little bit longer than what is currently possible at the dirtfish playground

Thanks! If I've posted this in the wrong spot please let me know! 

What do you all think? Are there any really small things that bother you about DR2 that would make your day to day rally experience a ton better if fixed?

Edited by RainyGrayMood
  • Agree 2