DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Clubs camera onboard mandatory

Hi everyone.

I'm searching for clubs - championships to race in, but with onboard camera mandatory.

May you suggest me some of those, please?

Thanks.

:classic_rolleyes:

the same! I'm tired with to losing ~1 minutes per stage in rain or dark conditions compared to players with 3-person/hood cameras...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, chrom25 said:

the same! I'm tired with to losing ~1 minutes per stage in rain or dark conditions compared to players with 3-person/hood cameras...

Look at it this way your driving a car and they cannot manage to do that as  its too difficult for them , their not up to the job which must make them feel inadequate. On the other hand they are very intelligent because they see the way to gain an advantage but of course they are pathetic but they are winning so they don't care because what counts is where your name is not how it got there.           Its a lost battle . Just eat a nice cream cake it doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Its a small World and it smells funny I'd buy another if it was'nt for the money

Edited by Exasperated
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

The view a person uses makes literally zero difference to how fast they will be around a stage, it all boils down to general course knowledge and practice and time spent in racing titles overall. Its fine to want to force cockpit view for you own immersion and likes, but dont mistake that added immersion as putting you at a disadvantage; because it really isnt. And I say this as a cockpit user and immersion seeker.

I will link a couple of videos to show my point. Most are VR, but the first one is footage taken while playing on a monitor using the interior dashboard view. It is included to show my pace is the same regardless of if I am using VR or not. Essentially a "control" video-

The last time set in that video above, has since been improved as well.
The rest of the videos below are done in VR in low light and/or wet stage conditions.

This was my first ever run on Scotland with an RGT car -

First time driving the Posrche RGT. Not low light conditions, but was set to "wet" -

Germany in the heavy rain -

This last one isnt in low light conditions, but it was set to "wet" -

Anyway, just because someone choses to use a different view to what we all prefer; doesnt mean they are been cheap and gaining an advatange. When it comes to racing games, people are fast or slow for any number of reasons. But ultimatly, the fastest people in any given racing title will either have years of experiance playing racing titles; or practice the living daylights out of a particular title. Im in the former group. I actually only have 320 hours in DR2.0 since the day it released, and only have 119 hours in Dirt Rally 1. Ive just been playing racing games for so long (30 years), I have got a natural apptitude for the genre now. Which leads in what I was saying about practice.

Ultimatly, unless there is some kind of disability involved. The only disadvantages we usually make for ourselves, often boils down to having the wrong attitude over the situation. For example, how thinking that the exterior view somehow makes someone a faster driver.

I hope you all find a like minded group for cockpit based rally fun, and I also hope I have been able to add a differing perspective in regards to this topic.

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Agree 1

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2021 at 11:04 AM, Ialyrn said:

The view a person uses makes literally zero difference to how fast they will be around a stage, it all boils down to general course knowledge and practice and time spent in racing titles overall. Its fine to want to force cockpit view for you own immersion and likes, but dont mistake that added immersion as putting you at a disadvantage; because it really isnt. And I say this as a cockpit user and immersion seeker.

I will link a couple of videos to show my point. Most are VR, but the first one is footage taken while playing on a monitor using the interior dashboard view. It is included to show my pace is the same regardless of if I am using VR or not. Essentially a "control" video-

The last time set in that video above, has since been improved as well.
The rest of the videos below are done in VR in low light and/or wet stage conditions.

This was my first ever run on Scotland with an RGT car -

First time driving the Posrche RGT. Not low light conditions, but was set to "wet" -

Germany in the heavy rain -

This last one isnt in low light conditions, but it was set to "wet" -

Anyway, just because someone choses to use a different view to what we all prefer; doesnt mean they are been cheap and gaining an advatange. When it comes to racing games, people are fast or slow for any number of reasons. But ultimatly, the fastest people in any given racing title will either have years of experiance playing racing titles; or practice the living daylights out of a particular title. Im in the former group. I actually only have 320 hours in DR2.0 since the day it released, and only have 119 hours in Dirt Rally 1. Ive just been playing racing games for so long (30 years), I have got a natural apptitude for the genre now. Which leads in what I was saying about practice.

Ultimatly, unless there is some kind of disability involved. The only disadvantages we usually make for ourselves, often boils down to having the wrong attitude over the situation. For example, how thinking that the exterior view somehow makes someone a faster driver.

I hope you all find a like minded group for cockpit based rally fun, and I also hope I have been able to add a differing perspective in regards to this topic.

Utter nonsense. Exterior camera views give the driver more awareness of their surroundings , plenty of people have stated on here that this is the reason that they do not use cockpit view  to drive in. You may fool others and yourself about this but its the mantra of those that don't want to admit to there  being any advantages to be gained........... Its all just a level playing field... really. Chrom 25 above knows damn well that all things are not equal along with everyone else that has any sense.

Mike Dee Exterior camera user........

Edited by Exasperated
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

Utter nonsense. Exterior camera views give the driver more awareness of their surroundings , plenty of people have stated on here that this is the reason that they do not use cockpit view  to drive in. You may fool others and yourself about this but its the mantra of those that don't want to admit to there  being any advantages to be gained........... Its all just a level playing field... really. Chrom 25 above knows damn well that all things are not equal along with everyone else that has any sense.

Did you watch any of the videos, because they all feature top 10 times on the leaderboard.

3 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Did you watch any of the videos, because they all feature top 10 times on the leaderboard.

Like you say you are a very experienced gamer and well practiced , and a lot of practice means that you can drive in any view with the same results. In terms of stage times or lap times , but you are exceptional, for an ordinary average user that is not at your level there is a marked difference between their ability to control a car from the cockpit as opposed to using exterior view cameras , lets not kid ourselves about this , why do more people and its a lot more people choose to drive in an exterior or even bonnet cam., its because they find full cockpit view more challenging ,  For you it does not put you at a disadvantage for those that are not at your level .....  Best wishes, Enjoy your rallying.

6 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

Like you say you are a very experienced gamer and well practiced , and a lot of practice means that you can drive in any view with the same results. In terms of stage times or lap times , but you are exceptional, for an ordinary average user that is not at your level there is a marked difference between their ability to control a car from the cockpit as opposed to using exterior view cameras , lets not kid ourselves about this , why do more people and its a lot more people choose to drive in an exterior or even bonnet cam., its because they find full cockpit view more challenging ,  For you it does not put you at a disadvantage for those that are not at your level .....  Best wishes, Enjoy your rallying.

The point is though, is that it all boils down to course knowledge and learnt skill. If people are a minute off from the top times, thats not down to the view they are using; its down to other factors in how they play the game. The biggest mistake I see a lot of people make no matter the racing game played, especally people newer to racing titles in general. Is that they will try to drive as fast as possible, every time. Which usually results in going off track, spinning out, and/or crashing. The real key to improving, is to actually drive slower and give yourself thinking time. Then, after a while, your natural speed will improve; along with your ability to control the cars at an increased speed.

While doing all this as well, it is important to learn the fundementals of tuning for which ever racing titles you play. They will all be similar, but they all also be very different in this regard. But tuning once you have some built up latent speed, will actually help you gain even more speed. As well as aid in general car control in certain situations. Take new zealand as an example, it really helps to raise the ride height in order to deal with some of those high sided ridges. Scotland can really benifit from increasing the gear ratios for more speed down the straight sections. All these things can and do make a difference and need to be incorperated if your aim is to be fast and you desire to improve.

Then once you have the groundwork all set out and your pace has picked up to say the top 50 on a leaderboard, thats when you have the skillset to be able to push for the faster and faster times.

But when it comes to the actual view, it literally makes no difference. Its just a factor that you either use or you dont use. The real fact of the matter is once you have learnt in which ever view you prefer; there is no limiting factor with it.

My level of ability aside, thats the truth in regards to that singular aspect. If you use the cockpit view and do effective practice in order to improve, you will get quicker and quicker while using cockpit view. If you use an exterior view and do effective practice in order to improve, you will get quicker and quicker in that view.

Everyone has the potential to be fast in these types of games, but the work needs to be put in to get there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

The point is though, is that it all boils down to course knowledge and learnt skill. If people are a minute off from the top times, thats not down to the view they are using; its down to other factors in how they play the game. The biggest mistake I see a lot of people make no matter the racing game played, especally people newer to racing titles in general. Is that they will try to drive as fast as possible, every time. Which usually results in going off track, spinning out, and/or crashing. The real key to improving, is to actually drive slower and give yourself thinking time. Then, after a while, your natural speed will improve; along with your ability to control the cars at an increased speed.

While doing all this as well, it is important to learn the fundementals of tuning for which ever racing titles you play. They will all be similar, but they all also be very different in this regard. But tuning once you have some built up latent speed, will actually help you gain even more speed. As well as aid in general car control in certain situations. Take new zealand as an example, it really helps to raise the ride height in order to deal with some of those high sided ridges. Scotland can really benifit from increasing the gear ratios for more speed down the straight sections. All these things can and do make a difference and need to be incorperated if your aim is to be fast and you desire to improve.

Then once you have the groundwork all set out and your pace has picked up to say the top 50 on a leaderboard, thats when you have the skillset to be able to push for the faster and faster times.

But when it comes to the actual view, it literally makes no difference. Its just a factor that you either use or you dont use. The real fact of the matter is once you have learnt in which ever view you prefer; there is no limiting factor with it.

My level of ability aside, thats the truth in regards to that singular aspect. If you use the cockpit view and do effective practice in order to improve, you will get quicker and quicker while using cockpit view. If you use an exterior view and do effective practice in order to improve, you will get quicker and quicker in that view.

Everyone has the potential to be fast in these types of games, but the work needs to be put in to get there.

You clearly know what you are talking about I am not suggesting that you don't , and I agree with all the things that you say about it being possible to acheive a situation where a driver can be as efficient in both views while racing or setting times in a stage and yes set ups are at the core of improving lap/stage times for sure, yes slow down to speed up.  agreed

I only drive cockpit usually , have for decades , I am not a record  breaker and  do not compete online its not my bag ,recently I tried driving in T-Cam in F1 and without practice just changing wheel rotation from 360 to 270 because I couldn't get on with it  my lap time improved by 3.5 seconds instantly , I couldn't believe how much easier it was to drive a lap , anyway I haven't changed my preferred view from cockpit to T-Cam because I don't like the view I'd rather run slower times  , given this If  I was racing regularly against a group of other drivers and every driver always used the cockpit view and our times were fairly equal and we always finished our races in similar positions by our skill levels when racing together but  then in one race I decided to change my view and  I drove the car in T-Cam at a race and it was seen that my time had improved by 3.5 seconds per lap then I would guess that the other drivers would say that I had gained an advantage by using the T-Cam view. They may say to me woah you've improved massively , now drive in cockpit view and repeat the time , but I can't so the only conclusion that everyone is going come to is that if I race in T cam that it is giving me an advantage. But yes If I practise and get setups sorted so that my times in the cockpit are equal to those in T-Cam then there would be no advantage gained by differing camera types. Then they would just see me as being 3.5 seconds faster than I was before.

You may see it differently but its agree to disagree in certain aspects for me as yes your points are valid but there are elements in certain situations where advantages can be found , I wish you a good evening and enjoyable stages ;  I've got all the Rally titles myself RBR included so I know how difficult it is  to get to the level you have achieved. Regards.

Edited by Exasperated