Jump to content Jump to content

Extremely Low FPS RTX 3060 ti

Can’t get this game working with my rtx 3060ti at all. Struggling to get above 35 FPS on medium settings at 1080p single screen, with random spikes up to 90 FPS.

Yes all drivers are up to date and my hardware runs all other games as it should, it’s only in Dirt Rally which I experience this.

I've tried all the suggestions in the guide for low FPS on this forum but it has made minimal difference.

3 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

What CPU are you using, as GPU is only half the story.

I7-5930, neither the GPU or CPU are under heavy load.

I’ve come over from Assetto Corsa Comprtizione (which has the exact same recommended specs) and I can run that on the highest settings at 90 FPS?

Lower your multisampling

Turn off screen space reflections

Set crowds to low

Set all other options to "medium" or "replay only" and let me know how it goes.

Also, make sure your displays refresh rate in windows is absolutely set to the refresh your monitor is capable off.

On 4/10/2021 at 4:15 PM, Ialyrn said:

Lower your multisampling

Turn off screen space reflections

Set crowds to low

Set all other options to "medium" or "replay only" and let me know how it goes.

Also, make sure your displays refresh rate in windows is absolutely set to the refresh your monitor is capable off.

Just tried all this and made no real difference FPS ranges from 45 at best to 18 at the worst points.

You mention refresh rate, I’m playing on a 144hz monitor it’s all setup correctly but does this game have problems with this?

39 minutes ago, Houghton69 said:

Just tried all this and made no real difference FPS ranges from 45 at best to 18 at the worst points.

You mention refresh rate, I’m playing on a 144hz monitor it’s all setup correctly but does this game have problems with this?

If windows auto sets the refresh rate to something lower, then the game itself wont be able to run at its full refresh rate unless you disable Vsync.

If you are certain everything is running ok, then I am not sure what is wrong. I would check everything if I was you. Check your CPU and GPU temps, check to make sure your ram is seated properly, check to make sure you GPU is seated properly, check all drivers. Go over your entire system with a fine toothed comb. Because with your CPU and GPU, you should be having no issues with this game.

Ive been playing DR2 since it released, on 3 different systems.

i7 6700k with a GTX 1080 (1080p high details and VR)
a laptop with an i7 8750H with a GTX 1070 (laptops have lower clock speeds overall at 1080p high details and in VR)
i7 10700k with an RTX 2070 super. (3440x1440 high details and VR)

All with excellent FPS for me, in both pancake mode and in VR. So unless something is wrong with your hardware itself, or the OS installation or some other 3rd party software messing things up; I have no idea why you cant get it to run properly. Especially at 1080p.

@PJTierney Do you have any idea's or any inside information specific to RTX 3000 and DR2????

• Social Media & Community Team

Nothing comes to mind right now. Heck I'm looking to get a 30 series card myself to see how it handles, but that's impossible right now.

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Nothing comes to mind right now. Heck I'm looking to get a 30 series card myself to see how it handles, but that's impossible right now.

I want a 3080, bit written it off for now.

5 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

If windows auto sets the refresh rate to something lower, then the game itself wont be able to run at its full refresh rate unless you disable Vsync.

If you are certain everything is running ok, then I am not sure what is wrong. I would check everything if I was you. Check your CPU and GPU temps, check to make sure your ram is seated properly, check to make sure you GPU is seated properly, check all drivers. Go over your entire system with a fine toothed comb. Because with your CPU and GPU, you should be having no issues with this game.

Ive been playing DR2 since it released, on 3 different systems.

i7 6700k with a GTX 1080 (1080p high details and VR)
a laptop with an i7 8750H with a GTX 1070 (laptops have lower clock speeds overall at 1080p high details and in VR)
i7 10700k with an RTX 2070 super. (3440x1440 high details and VR)

All with excellent FPS for me, in both pancake mode and in VR. So unless something is wrong with your hardware itself, or the OS installation or some other 3rd party software messing things up; I have no idea why you cant get it to run properly. Especially at 1080p.

@PJTierney Do you have any idea's or any inside information specific to RTX 3000 and DR2????

Thanks for you help. I’m almost certain my hardware is running fine. All the games I own from Red Dead Redemption 2 to F1 2020 all run exactly how they should on the relative settings.

I thought someone may have known a common issue with these cards or 3rd party software?

I will try a clean install of DR2 and disable some 3rd party software and see if that makes a difference.

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

In my 10 years of PC gaming upgrading to a 30 series was immense!

• Social Media & Community Team
12 hours ago, Houghton69 said:

In my 10 years of PC gaming upgrading to a 30 series was immense!

I have a 1080ti and it's served me very well, but as I further myself as a content creator I keep looking at those insane-looking 4K videos and thinking of doing similar 😄 

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I have a 1080ti and it's served me very well, but as I further myself as a content creator I keep looking at those insane-looking 4K videos and thinking of doing similar 😄 

If you plan to game and record on the same machine and want that 4k, you may need a 3090.

In all honesty though, i would throw a 3080 in your current pc if the cpu and ram is up to the task, build a second pc just for streaming, and throw in an elgato 4k60 pro v2 in it. That makes more sense than trying to record and game in 4k on the same system.

• 2 months later...
El 4/8/2021 a las 20:08, Houghton69 dijo:

No puedo hacer que este juego funcione con mi rtx 3060ti en absoluto. Luchando por superar los 35 FPS en configuraciones medias en una sola pantalla de 1080p, con picos aleatorios de hasta 90 FPS.

Sí, todos los actualizaciones están actualizados y mi hardware ejecuta los demás juegos como debería, es solo en Dirt Rally donde experimento esto.

Probé todas las sugerencias de la guía para FPS bajo en este foro, pero ha hecho una mínima diferencia

It happens to me exactly the same as you and I have a 2080super and an I7 9700k and you cannot play and I tried everything until I know how to make it clear and nothing the same as you, lows and fps increases like crazy, we are unplayable .

The performance issues in this game with the 2000/3000 series from Nvidia are terrible. For some people the game runs great, for others it doesn't. The same applies for VR headsets. So sad that the support for this game is dropped, it's hugely unoptimized, this game clearly needs extra development to get the performance issues solved. Let's all hope that DR3 focuses on stable and good performance for all hardware, for VR all headsets for 2D and VR and for all GPU's.

I have one thing to say that you can try: I have a 3080 and I can run 2D with good performance with every Nvidia driver BUT VR runs ONLY with one single driver version (even the new driver with the VR fix, doesn't fix DR2). That is driver version 456.71. This is the only driver that works for me, I tried almost all other versions (~10 different driver version, and every new driver I try too..) but this is the only one that gives a stable FPS for me in DR2, so if the 3060 is supported by this driver: try it.