Jump to content Jump to content

Which F1 game is the best?

I currently do not own a F1 game (I have driven in F1 17 and 19 before on Xbox game pass) and I am thinking of buying one.  Could someone please suggest to me the best game to get.  I have thought of getting F12020 right now as it is on sale, and I know that I may not be able to play F12021 as I currently have an Xbox 1S and have no plans of upgrading.  Could someone please tell me whether I should just get 2020 right now and then 2021 in the winter or should I just wait till F12021 releases?

Just save your money and wait, probably it will take about 3 months for the game to get it's release so I think it's better to wait really.

But before you buy, maybe it would be better to see how the game will really be. If it has some improvment from the f1 2020 game. If you see it and think its the same from 2020, it's better for you to maybe even wait for the f1 2022 where the cars will be completely different. But the choice is made by you, it's just an opinion 🙂

7 hours ago, niin54 said:

I currently do not own a F1 game (I have driven in F1 17 and 19 before on Xbox game pass) and I am thinking of buying one.  Could someone please suggest to me the best game to get.  I have thought of getting F12020 right now as it is on sale, and I know that I may not be able to play F12021 as I currently have an Xbox 1S and have no plans of upgrading.  Could someone please tell me whether I should just get 2020 right now and then 2021 in the winter or should I just wait till F12021 releases?

If you have lots of money and its not a budget choice then F1 2020 is worth getting even though there are certain things that are problematic under certain circumstances during play. if you have very little money then , I would get 2018 as it is cheap now and you did not try it yet or If you are looking for a bit of fun and a new driving racing game and you have a decent make of wheel then I would recommend Grid as a bit of funn , cockpit view in  55 FOV and all assists off is quite a good drive with good FFB effects plus you can use H-pattern and clutch if you want , I got to say  Codemasters do very good cockpit for games , I say this because I just tried a demo of this game on PS4 and it surprised me as I don't usually bother with Arcade type games.

The

I don't know about Xbox but the digital version of F1 2020 is currently very cheap on PS4. If you have a similar deal I'd be inclined to just but this now. Unless you are thinking you'll be happy paying close to full price for F1 2021 instead?

Actually, how does the current price of F1 2019 compare to 2020 for you? This will give you. Guide if likely further price drops I should think.

Not the 2020 version anyway many cannot play the game for weeks now due to a highly bugged update and codemasters dragging there feet on fixing it, even just withdrawing latest patch be a help but us players don’t matter in anyway at all now they have our money, game for me won’t even load it’s that bad.

10 minutes ago, ChristianAnsell said:

Not the 2020 version anyway many cannot play the game for weeks now due to a highly bugged update and codemasters dragging there feet on fixing it, even just withdrawing latest patch be a help but us players don’t matter in anyway at all now they have our money, game for me won’t even load it’s that bad.

For context for the OP I think this just affects My Team saves rather than stopping the whole game running? It may also not affect new My Team careers started using the 1.17 patch I guess?

Not saying this isn't an issue but just trying to give the OP a bit more info. 

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

For context for the OP I think this just affects My Team saves rather than stopping the whole game running? It may also not affect new My Team careers started using the 1.17 patch I guess?

Plus My Team is last year's gimmick. IMO. 😘

On 4/9/2021 at 4:23 PM, Ultra3142 said:

For me it was my team to start with but now career and other one off championships won’t load either just crashing game and even if I do single race and save it part way through that crashes too( tried too see if it happened lol). So only online mode available and I hate cheating in parts of it. For 2 days too game wouldn’t even load at all.

2 hours ago, ChristianAnsell said:

For me it was my team to start with but now career and other one off championships won’t load either just crashing game and even if I do single race and save it part way through that crashes too( tried too see if it happened lol). So only online mode available and I hate cheating in parts of it. For 2 days too game wouldn’t even load at all.

That's obviously rubbish but it sounds like the issue is anything you have to save rather than anything other than online. 

I think it depensd on whether you want to wait or not and see what 2021 has in store befoer buying but out of the ones released in recent years personally 2017 and 18 are my favourites. I do have 20 as I mainl ybought i tfo r my Team as I felt it sounded like an interesting concept for a career mode also after seeing in youtube vids it's looked it too.  I've not got round to playing it though but mostly because I've been busy with other things and trying t ofinish up careers I still have on the go in terms of the older games given I still have careers in 17, 18 and 19 on the go. I likely will give 21 a miss though so I can experience 20 without the pressure and feel the need to play 21 plus given I don' t spend as much tim eplaying the F1 games that I used to it'll probably be for the best