DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Best steering wheel for PS4?

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, a classmate has bought a steering wheel and has recommended me to use it, now that I have bought Dirt Rally 2.0 on sale, I would like if possible, that you recommend a good steering wheel and that is compatible with the ps4 console .

I have seen out there that they tend to give problems in configuration, for this reason and before spending money, I prefer to ask. The most I want to spend is $ 200, although if it is a little more, nothing happens either. :) I have read at https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/65584-logitech-steering-wheel-problems-in-dirt-5/ the problems with logitech, if possible, what other good brands are there?

I had the idea of buying the Thrustmaster T150 model, but I think it is still not very good, since I have also read that it does not give a good feeling when driving. Is there a pack with a gear lever? I would like to ride the complete simulator. :)

All the best.

Edited by AlvaRox89

11 minutes ago, AlvaRox89 said:

Hello everyone, a classmate has bought a steering wheel and has recommended me to use it, now that I have bought Dirt Rally 2.0 on sale, I would like if possible, that you recommend a good steering wheel and that is compatible with the ps4 console .

I have seen out there that they tend to give problems in configuration, for this reason and before spending money, I prefer to ask. The most I want to spend is $ 200, although if it is a little more, nothing happens either. :) I have read at https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/65584-logitech-steering-wheel-problems-in-dirt-5/ the problems with logitech, if possible, what other good brands are there?

I had the idea of buying the Thrustmaster T150 model, but I think it is still not very good, since I have also read that it does not give a good feeling when driving. Is there a pack with a gear lever? I would like to ride the complete simulator. :)

All the best.

Ahh edit, the steering wheel I had in mind is the Logitech G29 Driving, it is widely used on YouTube by many players, it is curious that there are problems, since if they use it, it will be for something, right?

If this is for Dirt Rally 2.0 and of the modern Logitech wheels should work just fine. I'm on a G27, but I know people on G29s (ps4 version) and G920s (xbox version)  and they all work just fine.

Thrustmaster makes some good wheels too so whichever you can find a better deal on is what I'd suggest. The T300 is recommended over the T150 if you can afford to spend more initially, but both are strong wheel bases to start with.

3 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

If this is for Dirt Rally 2.0 and of the modern Logitech wheels should work just fine. I'm on a G27, but I know people on G29s (ps4 version) and G920s (xbox version)  and they all work just fine.

Thrustmaster makes some good wheels too so whichever you can find a better deal on is what I'd suggest. The T300 is recommended over the T150 if you can afford to spend more initially, but both are strong wheel bases to start with.

Thanks for the reply Mike Dee, I will take a good look at the T100, as the T300 is expensive right now. Best regards. ;)

8 hours ago, AlvaRox89 said:

Thanks for the reply Mike Dee, I will take a good look at the T100, as the T300 is expensive right now. Best regards. 😉

Unless you pay good money you are not going to get a great experience, Unfortunately it costs. I have used a Thrustmaster T150 with Dirt Rally and it is alright If you have good settings in the FFB settings of the games but its nowhere near as good as a T300 but the best thing about a T150 is it is cheap to buy second hand ; much cheaper than a G29. Look on EBay.

T100 ,   I would wait until you can afford a T150.

5 hours ago, Exasperated said:

Unless you pay good money you are not going to get a great experience, Unfortunately it costs. I have used a Thrustmaster T150 with Dirt Rally and it is alright If you have good settings in the FFB settings of the games but its nowhere near as good as a T300 but the best thing about a T150 is it is cheap to buy second hand ; much cheaper than a G29. Look on EBay.

T100 ,   I would wait until you can afford a T150.

Thanks, I will look on ebay to see if there are any deals, I don't want to spend money for nothing.

11 hours ago, AlvaRox89 said:

Thanks, I will look on ebay to see if there are any deals, I don't want to spend money for nothing.

@Exasperated is right to a point - there is definitely a minimum you need to invest to get a fun and worthwhile experience. Lately that has been about $150 in the USA with pandemic prices to get a wheel most here will agree is worthwhile. The key is to make sure whatever you get has FFB motors, as that is the best part of buying a wheel.

And I think many will agree that the T150 and G29/27/25 are the minimum entry point. Look at them like Tier 1 engine upgrades 😅 Good enough to race, but it only gets better from there. @Exasperated is absolutely correct that the after you experience the T300, it is obvious how much better it is than the T150 - but we're talking about the difference between good and greatYou also won't really understand what you're missing out on with the much nicer wheels until you've spent a few hundred hours driving on a cheaper wheel. Yes, the more expensive wheels give stronger and smoother FFB; that means nothing without being able to understand how that changes your driving. 

TL;DR - try to buy a used T150 or G29/G27 for the best price you can. If you can find a used (or new) T300 for ~$100 more than the T150/G29 you should really consider finding another $100 to buy the better wheel.

• Agree 1