Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 - News "Soon"

1.8K views. Yup, I think it's safe to say a ton of people are chomping at the bit for any actual news about F1 2014 lol. That's gotta make Codies feel pretty good. :)

Bonjour,
Je suis nouveau sur le forum. Et j'attends impatiemment des nouvelles de F1 2014.
Quelqu'un as t'il des nouvelles ?

im sure the fia once again is keeping them from saying a word about the ONLY licensed f1 game. But come on codies. you all know whether its on next gen or not.

silence about that = lame

Hatta said:
Sorry for the lack of info guys, and well... the vagueness of everything at the moment. We're just waiting on a few things before we announce. As Steve mentioned, we're hoping we can start revealing stuff soon.
When you do eventually start revealing stuff, is there a chance you can be as open as Loore was with GRID Autosport? It is so good to just have the answers there and then instead of 'oh we can't say right now'. I appreciate there are some things you need to keep behind closed doors, but please be as open as possible :p

Completely agree. :)

I dislike the vague comments too, once the game's out I'd like to be as transparent as possible, as you mentioned, there are some things we have to keep behind closed doors (especially with F1). Right now Birmingham are working on a couple things that we can't wait to reveal, I'd like to think we'll have some info out soon, it's obvious the interest is pretty high!

One more thing... If you could have five questions answered on announce what would they be?

1. Is the damage modeling going to be more realistic?

2. are we going to get a view from inside the drivers helmet?

3. more in depth career mode?

4. customizable helmets?

5. more useful information from the engineer?

5 questions:-

1) How much have you used the team simulator data?
2) What have you done to improve the online experience?
3) Will fuel/boost "usage" be automatic and dependant on amount of "coast-braking etc"?
4) Will 30% chance of rain still mean 100% chance of rain for about 30% of the race? Or in less sarcky words, what have you done this year with the weather?
5) Online replays? 

Rancie said:

4. customizable helmets?

gotta agree with career moed definitely needs some improving I think.

Rancie said:

4. customizable helmets?

Agree with 1, 3 and 5.
Adding:

4. Is the AI finally consistent and can we get more than 5 difficulties?
5. Formation lap!

I think @Hatta's probably got the hardest job of all 3 community managers on here tbh. He's got to wait for clearance not just from CM but the FIA and those which CM liaise with to. Whilst Grid and Dirt are both fantastic games both series take licenses here and there and mix things up to make things look relatively authentic. The F1 series though is fully licensed so can't be done without approval from certain people which in my opinion makes the game harder to do.

1. has the dynamic weather improved?
2. has the online connectivity improved?
3. have the graphics been improved to next-gen standards?
4. victory lap?
5. any more classic cars/tracks?

thanks

1) Online Improvements - Full grid, Better Lobby System, Online Practice
2) Handling Model - Improvements, 2014 Regs, Fuel Managing, Tires, Damage
3) Career Mode - Immersion, R@D, Changing Teams, Creating Teams
4) AI - Aggression, First lap pace, mistakes, incidents, diff strats
5) Other - Improved Setup detail, Formation Laps, Podium Celebrations etc

1) Will it have classics
2) Will it have telemetry
3) Will it have better replay functions, for example ability to select one lap out of a 20 lap practice session and save to disk.
4) Will it have helicams (I have a thing about helicams).
5) Will it have victory lap and park ferme.

1. Will F1 2014 offer more than 2 player co-op season ?
2. Will F1 2014 offer possibility of playing co-op mode with drivers on seperate teams ?
3. Will F1 2014 offer the possibility of playing continous seasons in co-op ?
4. Will F1 2014 offer better statistics for co-op seasons (info on previous races, seasons, personal best laps and so on) ?
5. Will F1 2014 offer a better and more fair penalty system than prior releases ?

Bonus question:
X. Can you confirm F1 2014 is coming to next gen ?

1 Will it be on PS4/One?
2. Has Classics been improved?
3 Will my name be on the car, suit, helmet, gloves?
4. Will I be able to give voice commands to the pits
5. What's new?

I think the below 5 questions are what most fans really want to know. 

1. Will F1 2014 be released on the PS4 or Xbox One ?
2. What graphical improvements have been made in F1 2014 ?
3. Will the F1 race weekend experience be extended to include events such as Free Practice 1 and 2, the formation lap, the victory lap, and podium celebrations ?
4. How will this year's 100kg fuel limit and ERS deployment be implemented in F1 2014 ?
5. Will F1 2014 feature any classic content or DLC at launch or in the future ?

@Hatta said:
@Hatta said:
Sorry for the lack of info guys, and well... the vagueness of everything at the moment. We're just waiting on a few things before we announce. As Steve mentioned, we're hoping we can start revealing stuff soon.
When you do eventually start revealing stuff, is there a chance you can be as open as Loore was with GRID Autosport? It is so good to just have the answers there and then instead of 'oh we can't say right now'. I appreciate there are some things you need to keep behind closed doors, but please be as open as possible :p

Completely agree. :)

I dislike the vague comments too, once the game's out I'd like to be as transparent as possible, as you mentioned, there are some things we have to keep behind closed doors (especially with F1). Right now Birmingham are working on a couple things that we can't wait to reveal, I'd like to think we'll have some info out soon, it's obvious the interest is pretty high!

One more thing... If you could have five questions answered on announce what would they be?
That's so good to hear. Bring on the info!

Looking back at last year, it looks like you guys revealed F1 2013 publically on July 15th, so if you're planning something at a similar time then hopefully we could expect some news in two weeks or so?

My five questions...
1) What have you done to improve the online gaming experience? Is the lag reduced this year? Are the lobbies smaller or larger?
2) How have you expanded the classic content? Any new cars and tracks? (I'm assuming this is happening as I think it was a pretty big hit last year)
3) How have you improved the RaceNet and community integration? (see end of post for more on this)
4) How have you tackled getting the new F1 regulations working well in the game? Have you recorded each of the three engines for authentic sounds? How can we view the fuel consumption? Do the new cars handle much differently? The new cars have much more torque and should be tougher to control.
5) What have you done to improve the career mode? Have you returned to the paddock game menus? Can you create your own helmet? Is there a pre-season test session? Can we have a formation lap now?

Expanding on question 3, I think GRID Autosport has done really well with its RaceNet integration, and I like the fact there are around five RaceNet challenges each week, as well as a bonus wacky challenge. 

I think it would be really cool if F1 2014 could have something like three challenges each week. Perhaps each week you could have:
- 3 Lap Race
- Time Trial
- Scenario

This would keep the gamer busy and each challenge is slightly different. Then on RaceNet you can have leaderboards for each challenge and an overall leaderboard. Also, having YouTube integration would be great. DiRT and GRID have it, time for F1 to have it.

Trailer will be out end of the month well this time last year there was starting to share some screenshots if that helps you guys finding out about when will get some news.

I would say some news after the world cup..I know that not everyone loves football BUT is the biggest sport event for media coverage and most of the people is just talking about it and maybe wouldn't be too effective to release any news right now...but it's just an opinion..

Only 1 question ! would like an answer to, Is it going to be on PS4/Xbox One?  :D
We don't know yet, but I hope it will only be for PS4/XOne. I think PS3 and 360 would only hold F1 2014 back from reaching it's full potential.

I only really have 2 questions and they are as follows

1. the AI was way too fast and aggressive on the lower levels of F1 2013 in comparison to the assists. Has this been changed going into the new game or a new lower level added?

2. Career mode has this been changed in anyway to keep it interesting/engaging? 

These items more than anything need a look at if I'm going to buy the game this year.

Gianlu27 said:
Some news about F1 2014 https://twitter.com/T4RG4/status/479528191657517057

Soon, soon :)

Ps. I am @gianlu_dale on Twitter, follow me :D

How do you get the tweet to display?

"News Soon" I've been hearing that for to long. I reckon after the cup as was previously suggested. Looking forward to it because (oddly) I quite like the engine sounds but a bit more volume needed