Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 - News "Soon"

Hatta said:
Hatta said:
Sorry for the lack of info guys, and well... the vagueness of everything at the moment. We're just waiting on a few things before we announce. As Steve mentioned, we're hoping we can start revealing stuff soon.
When you do eventually start revealing stuff, is there a chance you can be as open as Loore was with GRID Autosport? It is so good to just have the answers there and then instead of 'oh we can't say right now'. I appreciate there are some things you need to keep behind closed doors, but please be as open as possible :p

Completely agree. :)

I dislike the vague comments too, once the game's out I'd like to be as transparent as possible, as you mentioned, there are some things we have to keep behind closed doors (especially with F1). Right now Birmingham are working on a couple things that we can't wait to reveal, I'd like to think we'll have some info out soon, it's obvious the interest is pretty high!

One more thing... If you could have five questions answered on announce what would they be?
1. Will damage model have wheel tethers?
2. Formation laps?
3. Podiums?
4. Victory/Cool down laps?
5. More practice sessions and in depth R&D?

Only 1 question ! would like an answer to, Is it going to be on PS4/Xbox One?  :D
Definitely will be. Basically been confirmed on twitter anyway.

Will be interesting were they slot the F1 release this year given the fact Sept, Oct, Nov, looks to be be crowded with a range of titles.

naks said:
Will be interesting were they slot the F1 release this year given the fact Sept, Oct, Nov, looks to be be crowded with a range of titles.
it'll be the Sep/Oct window as usual I think around the same time as the Fifa/PES games

Why would next gen delay a release like F1? Is coding for next gen so much different from coding for PC this time around? I know it was harder with PS3 being different from 360 but now both consoles have almost the same hardware you would expect them to be ready faster if they drop old gen support.

Why would next gen delay a release like F1? Is coding for next gen so much different from coding for PC this time around? I know it was harder with PS3 being different from 360 but now both consoles have almost the same hardware you would expect them to be ready faster if they drop old gen support.
depends if they are dropping it though we don't know any of their plans yet do we? Besides every release they've done so far has been around late Sep/early Oct so I'm playing it safe and saying it's likely to stay that way.

I'd say November. A lot of games that have been confirmed and even seen videos and images of have a november release date.

Will it be an f1 championship game,will it follow fia rules,will it have damage and failures,will it have all f1 sessions,will it have track evolution. These are the omly truely relevant questions that need to be andwered in an officially licensed fia f1 title other than the onbious,this years frivers cars and teams,not fantasy tracks drivers and cars!!or stupid fantasy scenarios!come on,all we really want is f1,dont we??or is it just me?

I'm gonna put it out there and say that I'm expecting news this week, so in the next 3 days. The community managers have been saying 'soon' for too long now, the hype is building up much more now too.

I'm gonna put it out there and say that I'm expecting news this week, so in the next 3 days. The community managers have been saying 'soon' for too long now, the hype is building up much more now too.
yeah I agree I've got a feelling that at the very least we'll definitely hear something before the end of this month even if we don't get anything this week that's kind of what I've said in a lot of my posts as I honestly believe it will happen

mmpaw37 said:
To be quite honest, I think it's becoming rather tiresome and annoying!.

There was a tweet by Hatta saying that it is FOM that is basically causing the delay. He also said that everything is in place for the 'reveal' yet, just only today, Steve Hood on Twitter is now saying there's 'internal' issues to resolve first???

So, in essence, what the F@#$ is going on???

Anyway, it all appears a little too childish, and to add that every time i personally tweet Steve Hood i never get ANY response, even to legitimate questions!

The younger generation may find this so called 'suspense' appealing, however i don't!...It's childish and pathetic!
you would have thought with sales figures getting lower for f1 each year(on xbox there are only 56,000 people in the f1 2013 multiplayer leaderboard) cm would be trying to promote f1 2014 at every opertunity. clearly its fom and fia's fault for lengthy approvals buts thats no excuse really.

My guess is that somewhere in the bowels of Codemasters there is a horde of programmers who would just love to answer that question, if you wanted to give up about 3 days of your life.

FWIW I think it will follow roughly the same schedule as last year - and I expect release news this Thursday or Friday ! 

mmpaw37 said:
To be quite honest, I think it's becoming rather tiresome and annoying!.

There was a tweet by Hatta saying that it is FOM that is basically causing the delay. He also said that everything is in place for the 'reveal' yet, just only today, Steve Hood on Twitter is now saying there's 'internal' issues to resolve first???

Anyway, it all appears a little too childish, and to add that every time i personally tweet Steve Hood i never get ANY response, even to legitimate questions!

The younger generation may find this so called 'suspense' appealing, however i don't!...It's childish and pathetic!
my guess is there's something about the game that the FOM objected too if that's the case we're going to have to wait a little longer

Could anybody from Codemasters at least confirm if we won't get any news this weekend? Thank you.

Suspect we will be getting news late this month. Think they announced grid autosport in late April....therefore giving them almost exactly 2 months to release. Suspect they will do the same assuming game will be released in late September. Also I think they will announce their intention to make announcement just to make most of coverage and therefore since we haven't heard anything....thinks its safe to assume still some time to go.

mmpaw37 said:

What is your name on Twitter? I try to respond to as many questions as and when I can but if I've a load of messages asking the same thing I don't reply to each and every one of them. And lets be honest, everyone thinks their questions are legitimate :) As for the delay in news, we're not trying to create suspense. We can't always tell you what is going on as some things are not for the public domain. If we tell people that we have no update on when we can reveal any news we're then invariably asked if we're going to supply news this week, next week, on some random guys birthday you name it. Asking if no news will be revealed this week is still the same thing. If there is no news on a release date it means we can't be sure when we're going to be able to release some news. It's as simple as that. 

I appreciate this means people will create ever more elaborate conspiracy theories but everything is okay, FOM haven't objected to anything in the game, we're progressing with our projects and so on but this years titles are a little different for reasons I cannot yet discuss. Despite this post people will still ask me questions I cannot answer.