Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 - News "Soon"

Yes, understood all this T4RG4, but we were told on the 19th June by yourself that we would have news 'soon' about the game, but a month later and still nothing!! You put comments on your Twitter account about driving turbo cars round Montreal, and 'poor rear tyres' but this isn't really info about the game, it just frustrates us, the potentially paying public, more. Like last year with F1 2013, the promotion for F1 2014 is pretty diabolical, we are approaching the end of July and still diddly squat! All other big titles to release Q3/Q4 2014 have been announced, why not the F1 game? If you were in a race with all these games to be released you would be left on the starting grid! Unbelievable!!

T4RG4 said:
I appreciate this means people will create ever more elaborate conspiracy theories but everything is okay, FOM haven't objected to anything in the game, we're progressing with our projects and so on but this years titles are a little different for reasons I cannot yet discuss. Despite this post people will still ask me questions I cannot answer.
Guessing that either means a next-gen version with significant differences to the 360/PS3 version, or a full classic version this year. I really hope it's the latter personally, since I didn't spend all that money on a new console to have the games held back by the old machines. I appreciate there's a larger install base but if you spread yourself too thin nothing good can come of it. So XBONE/PS4/PC only, with a full classic version is what I'm crossing my paws for.

Things can sometimes change. But you can't really say you'd do any differently when you don't know why the news hasn't yet been released. Sure, it's frustrating for you guys, but we're not withholding for fun. I suspect I cannot do anything to appease anyone right now other than release news. If I say nothing people will get upset, if I try to explain what little I'm able to people will get upset. 

Surley @T4RG4‌ you know which platforms your making the game for? And if it is only on xbox one & ps4 then you need to give people time to upgrade once you reveal for you to get good release day sales?

As long as the "this years titles are a little different" doesn't = the game coming with limited tracks and the rest as paid DLC later, that'd be undesirable! I know the MotoGP game is doing that this year (extra events as paid DLC) and of course F1 Race Stars has extra tracks as DLC. I hope F1 never goes this route...

I think codemaster is treating us customers with contempt just what is with the secrecy its a racing game.  Surely giving regular updates about the game would be  much better .    Maybe if we all agree to not buy the game they may change their attitude just like microsoft did with its arrogant attitudes on xbox one 

As long as the "this years titles are a little different" doesn't = the game coming with limited tracks and the rest as paid DLC later, that'd be undesirable! I know the MotoGP game is doing that this year (extra events as paid DLC) and of course F1 Race Stars has extra tracks as DLC. I hope F1 never goes this route...

If they do it like this I'll never buy one of their games again.

I'm hoping that the deal with the FIA means they HAVE to include all tracks, teams and drivers, so can't break it down.

That said, I'm old enough to remember Papyrus' IndyCar Racing 1, which only launched with half the tracks; the other half was a separate Track Pack boxes product, followed by Indy500 which was another paid add-on! That was back in the floppy disk era... and I still have them all!

Yes, I know what formats we're releasing on. If I didn't by this stage I don't think I'd be here for much longer :)

And no, we can't reveal what formats we're releasing on just yet. That's news. We're not yet in a position to reveal any. In recent weeks we thought we'd have said something by now and were indeed geared up to do so. When we do reveal we'd like it to be as clear to you all as possible. 

T4RG4 said:

Yes, I know what formats we're releasing on. If I didn't by this stage I don't think I'd be here for much longer :)

And no, we can't reveal what formats we're releasing on just yet. That's news. We're not yet in a position to reveal any. In recent weeks we thought we'd have said something by now and were indeed geared up to do so. When we do reveal we'd like it to be as clear to you all as possible. 

Well I hope you let us know something soon all these rumours are just driving the forums crazy especially as we have nothing definite to go on. I think based on your tweets and info we have gathered there's a strong inkling toward next gen but aside from that we don't seem to have much.

yet again treated with contempt they know what formats its on but wont tell us why whats the secrecy sheer arrogance of the company yet again.   At least we  have forza horizon 2 to keep us petrol heads occupied

mb1973 said:

yet again treated with contempt they know what formats its on but wont tell us why whats the secrecy sheer arrogance of the company yet again.   At least we  have forza horizon 2 to keep us petrol heads occupied

It's mostly due to it being an officially licensed product and because of which they can't really do much without the FOM's approval first.

mb1973 said:

Steve's already stated that he's unable to reveal that information currently. Now quit being so ungrateful. Steve's told you what the deal is, which is more than what most big developers do these days.

Mexicola said:
mb1973 said:

Steve's already stated that he's unable to reveal that information currently. Now quit being so ungrateful. Steve's told you what the deal is, which is more than what most big developers do these days.

Yeah I agree they'll let us have the info when they're erady for it. I doubt it'll  be too much longer byrt for now we have no choice but to play the waiting game. There's plenty of other stuff out there to keep us busy in the meantime.

T4RG4 said:

I really hope that is the case. When GRID Autosport was revealed, Loore was so open with details and I think people really liked that, being able to have the information there. I hope we can have something similar with the new Formula 1 Game.

T4RG4 said:

I really hope that is the case. When GRID Autosport was revealed, Loore was so open with details and I think people really liked that, being able to have the information there. I hope we can have something similar with the new Formula 1 Game.

yeah based on what Steve wrote here in this thread he wants to do the same as well perhaps that's partly why his hands aer tied a little at the moment. Because I assume there is perhaps some resistance to the plan.

"This years titles being different for reasons being different for reasons I cannot discuss" must mean that 2014 will be on PS4, Xbox One, AND PS3 and 360. So they have twice the work the had previously I guess. That's my bet anyway. Very frustrating but news will come.

mmpaw37 said:

Just a thought on something that is plainly obvious...

Steve said that the 'titles' are different and something he could not discuss.  Well, if thats the case then in theory, how will the game be 'Next-Gen'???

You can't have the game developed on both generations and expect them to be the same, if it does then that means the 'Next-Gen' version is obviously going to suffer in the performance bracket of what the machines can actually produce, therefore it won't actually be 'Next-Gen'.

However, if there is a significant performance difference, then it looks like we are going back to the old days...Remember the Amiga vs AtariST battles...the Commodore 64 vs Spectrum!...Ohhh the memories!.

Maybe i'm wrong but it doesn't really matter, just something to throw out there to have a bit of banter before the big reveal is here!

PC all the way for me...I HOPE!!!

I think most are expecting an appearance on PS4/XB1. By the time 2014 comes out the consoles would've been out for a year so in reality CM should if they haven't already started developing games for them otherwise there's a good chance they'll lose money from it.

Autosport was released right on the crossover point I think and by that I mean the moment most people think about switching to the new systems. So with Autosport you can let them get away with I think but at the moment F1 2014 is released I don't think they can as the F1 series like Fifa/PES is what I classify as an end of the year title. By this I mean it's release time comes near the end of the year as it's a kind of game that if you're a child at school or something you might ask your parents to get you the game for Christmas kind of thing.

mmpaw37 said:

Just a thought on something that is plainly obvious...

Steve said that the 'titles' are different and something he could not discuss.  Well, if thats the case then in theory, how will the game be 'Next-Gen'???

You can't have the game developed on both generations and expect them to be the same, if it does then that means the 'Next-Gen' version is obviously going to suffer in the performance bracket of what the machines can actually produce, therefore it won't actually be 'Next-Gen'.

However, if there is a significant performance difference, then it looks like we are going back to the old days...Remember the Amiga vs AtariST battles...the Commodore 64 vs Spectrum!...Ohhh the memories!.

Maybe i'm wrong but it doesn't really matter, just something to throw out there to have a bit of banter before the big reveal is here!

PC all the way for me...I HOPE!!!

2014 one PS3/360 will just be the same. Xbone/PS4 is where all the upgrades and new and improved features will be-because they have so much more processing power than 7th gen consoles. 

And if that's your idea of "banter" then I despair. 

Less than five months left in the calendar year, the 2014 F1 season is halfway over, the entertainment value of F1 seems to have declined due to the opinions of most fans and we still don't have any news not even a release date. If most people aren't happy and disappointed with the potential news CM will eventually be releasing then the sales are going to be down. I sure hope CM knows what they're doing.

Less than five months left in the calendar year, the 2014 F1 season is halfway over, the entertainment value of F1 seems to have declined due to the opinions of most fans and we still don't have any news not even a release date. If most people aren't happy and disappointed with the potential news CM will eventually be releasing then the sales are going to be down. I sure hope CM knows what they're doing.

I think we all hope that

I don't think it's in codies hands at the moment, Steve already said they're waiting to release stuff, what's the only proper reason to not release information? FIA taking it's time to approve it. Now lets look at F1 over recent weeks, financial problems, law suits, job uncertainty, imposing FRIC ban. Honestly they're all over the place at the moment and I don't think they've had the time to approve the game, its not like they've dissapproved it like Steve said but he didn't say they have approved it so I think our waiting lies with FIA