Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 - News "Soon"

bigfatmee said:
after talking to the shareholders in india we can confirm that codemasters will not renew the F1 license after 2014 as we just don't know how to code the game properly

I've heard rumors that this may be CM last F1 game. I hope it's not true. Just imagine how bad the game would be if someone like EA took over the rights.

bigfatmee said:
after talking to the shareholders in india we can confirm that codemasters will not renew the F1 license after 2014 as we just don't know how to code the game properly

I've heard rumors that this may be CM last F1 game. I hope it's not true. Just imagine how bad the game would be if someone like EA took over the rights.

Haven't heard that thought they renewed it not long before 2013 came out for several years. Not 100% sure on that though but if they want to keep it I think they definitely need some Next gen ingenuity at least even if they don't do anything else new which I suspect they will.

now the weekend has past i wonder if these rumors will stop and we get some news this week with the date of the game, i understand we waiting on FOM but this lack of news on which console its on is giving me a few headaches

T4RG4 what are you going to do about the fric system getting taking off are, you going to start the game with it then in Germany take it off?

I know for sure that people are not going to like what I am going to ask.Can I ask 1.If The Rookie Level in career mode Will be lowered to the final patch of f1 2011 360/PS3 level.So at least I can feel I am getting somewhere in the game. 2.Can we have full championship mode back where we play a full 2014 championship season as any and all 11 Official Teams and all 22 Official Drivers for example play as Hamilton In the Mercedes Team. 3.Also Can we have the young drivers test mode in a different part of the game not like a mandertory chore you have to do before you can go and do anything in career to unlock any good teams.   

And before people get upon their high horse and say they dont want rookie level any easier that is what rookie level is for its like a training level for the championship and you slowly take off your training wheels.When you were a kid you didnt get straight on to a bike without training wheels did you NO.You needed those training wheels to gain your balance then when you got your balance and knew what you were doing and you felt more confident you took them off.The same pricapal applies here even though some of you will obviously disagree.As there always are.  

I know for sure that people are not going to like what I am going to ask.Can I ask 1.If The Rookie Level in career mode Will be lowered to the final patch of f1 2011 360/PS3 level.So at least I can feel I am getting somewhere in the game. 2.Can we have full championship mode back where we play a full 2014 championship season as any and all 11 Official Teams and all 22 Official Drivers for example play as Hamilton In the Mercedes Team.  

you can already play a championship season as lewis hamilton or anyother driver in grand prix mode

What I mean is everything Identical as career mode but they have replaced your personal driver in any team with each official driver in their correct official teams.As it used to be. 

And before people get upon their high horse and say they dont want rookie level any easier that is what rookie level is for its like a training level for the championship and you slowly take off your training wheels.When you were a kid you didnt get straight on to a bike without training wheels did you NO.You needed those training wheels to gain your balance then when you got your balance and knew what you were doing and you felt more confident you took them off.The same pricapal applies here even though some of you will obviously disagree.As there always are.  

I think based on Grid Autosport they won't be making the mistakes they made with F1 2013. Last year was somewhat of a disaster but I suspect they'll correct that. I don't know if you've played Grid Autosport but the open wheel  cars in that definitely handle like the F1 2011/2012 cars not F1 2013 thank goodness. The touring cars and other disciplines are competitive but they are all beatable on the V easy level. I think the best solution would be to probably add a new level 2 sec slower than Amateur then call it Beginner/Rookie and maybe turn the aggression on all levels down a touch something like that but leave the other difficulties where they are will probably work. We'll have to wait and see what they do and what info we get.

Grid Autosport Formula C cars have got the controlling scheme spot on with how I would like F1 2014 F1 cars to handle at rookie level and I have the Formula C cars on Very Easy Level.Also on rookie level make your car a little bit faster than the Ai so they are not so close on your back and put ai times on the rookie level a few seconds slower in Practice and Qualifying and you will have rookie level spot on for me.I know a few people will disagree with me.Thats how I wanted f1 2013 cars to handle like at rookie level. 

Grid Autosport Formula C cars have got the controlling scheme spot on with how I would like F1 2014 F1 cars to handle at rookie level and I have the Formula C cars on Very Easy Level.Also on rookie level make your car a little bit faster than the Ai so they are not so close on your back and put ai times on the rookie level a few seconds slower in Practice and Qualifying and you will have rookie level spot on for me.I know a few people will disagree with me.Thats how I wanted f1 2013 cars to handle like at rookie level. 

Yeah that's how I wanted 2013 to handle as well I think as I said CM made mistakes last year and I think for the most part they are keen to make up for them. I'm not saying F1 2014 will suit all our needs but I think and hope it'll be better than 2013 was

You want F1 2014 to handle like an approximation of an F3 car? See this is why people don't take the 'rookie is too hard' crowd seriously.

i understand people are frusted by lack of news but as we know we waiting on FOM to give the thumbs up on screen shots before codemasters can say anything about the F1 game.

the only question i want answer is which consoles it be on as this hush might tell me everyone working hard on the new consoles

looking forward to them releasing the "news" that we have all been waiting for! i just hope that they are making this on ps4/xbox one but even if not im still buying it!!! as long as they keep us informed and keep posting regular updates then i cant wait! 

Araqiel said:

You want F1 2014 to handle like an approximation of an F3 car? See this is why people don't take the 'rookie is too hard' crowd seriously.

What he meant was the pace of the AI should be beatable at Rookie level should be easier when you have the assists on and he is right. it should and it wasn't on F1 2013 F1 2013 is terrible. I know for one thing I'm already considering skipping F1 2014 if I don't like what I hear when they do release info . I can also guarantee that if the game is like 2013 then I probably won't buy another F1 game while CM have the license.

When it comes to the game yes you expect it to be a little bit as the season is but they went a little over the top last year this combined with the screwed up AI is what totally ruined 2013. This is why they need to rectify these issues and make sure the game is at a playable state on all difficulty settings because it was in F1 2010-12

looking forward to them releasing the "news" that we have all been waiting for! i just hope that they are making this on ps4/xbox one but even if not im still buying it!!! as long as they keep us informed and keep posting regular updates then i cant wait! 

Yeah, I can't wait much more either haha :D I'm sure when they do release the news it will be pretty big. Hopefully there'll be a good selection of screenshots, hopefully a video trailer, and I'm sure Luke will cram as much info as possible into the blog post, and hopefully we can have some Q&A thread on the forum where we can ask questions and hopefully the developers can answer some. They had that for GRID Autosport and it was really good.

the thing I don't understand is why the new grid game is not next gen, it makes me think f1 will not be next gen this year either and that's why they are stalling on releasing details, I also think if it was next gen it would have been announced at e3

codemasters did not go to E3 and at the time the tech was not ready for Grid autosport, and how many times it might be FOM that causing the stalling of info coming to codemasters