Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 - News "Soon"

the thing I don't understand is why the new grid game is not next gen, it makes me think f1 will not be next gen this year either and that's why they are stalling on releasing details, I also think if it was next gen it would have been announced at e3

I think there are enough hints floating around to suggest 2014 will be next gen.  None of us know for certain it will but I think  based on the little titbit's people have gathered it will consoles will havbe been out about a year by the time this game comes out. I think with Autosport it was released right on the crossover point. By this I mean it came around the time people start thinking about the upgrade from PS3 to 4 and by that I mean for those that hold off for the prices to drop slightly to moer affordable levels. Haven't gone up myself yet but that's partly down to the fact I chose to make my PC the priority rather than going for the console. Mostly because I spend moer hours on the PC

would anybody like to see GP2 and GP3 as an addition to the game? i think it would be great as it would make people more familiar with a great series and also like they do on the motogp game it would allow new gamers to feed into the game and get used to the cars. although i have played f1 by codies since 2010 i would really like to see them try and add it into the game. i would also like to see some more classics this year as i thought that was one of the best features they could have added and it was great fun to drive classic f1 cars.

Yeah, I think the game will be next gen. I think it was just a tad too early for GRID Autosport and I think they took the right decision with that. Now the consoles have been out for a year nearly so I think it's the right time to switch

the right time to switch was when the new consoles were released imo

i understand where you are coming from and did have a similar sort of opinion, but i think that now they have a very good springboard to launch into the new consoles. i remember a similar sort of topic coming up when the new Gran Turismo game came out and they said that they released it on ps3 as a sendoff to the console so maybe codies were doing the same thing. (just a thought) although i am looking forward to see what codies games will be like on new gen consoles. will be nice to have a racing game on my ps4 because atm there is only nfs rivals, so i am really hoping that the new f1 is new gen!!!

would anybody like to see GP2 and GP3 as an addition to the game? i think it would be great as it would make people more familiar with a great series and also like they do on the motogp game it would allow new gamers to feed into the game and get used to the cars. although i have played f1 by codies since 2010 i would really like to see them try and add it into the game. i would also like to see some more classics this year as i thought that was one of the best features they could have added and it was great fun to drive classic f1 cars.

Whether we would like it or not is irrelevant as CM don't have the license to include it. The license they have only allows them to include the F1 cars and the F1 tracks for that season that is all. Anything else they choose to add has to be separately licensed which costs more money and development time. I doubt we'll be seeing a great deal of extras this year anyway given this is likely to be a transitional year where they start developing games for the new systems. Once they've got the initial groundwork done this year then in F1 2015 we might see something really bigger and better not counting anything just yet though given CM's recent history.

im sure they could get the license and then start making the additional content obviously it is the timescale that is the most important thing but it would be a welcome addition to the game!

which begs the question, who came up with that awesome license?? lol

If I had to guess I'd say either the FOM/FIA given they govern the sport and anything and everything CM do has to be approved by them first. In regards to these games anyway.

im sure they could get the license and then start making the additional content obviously it is the timescale that is the most important thing but it would be a welcome addition to the game!

they probably could but as I said above it's more money and development time. They'd need moer personnel to pull it off too. This would no doubt lead to them charging us more for the game too. I'm not really 100% sure it's really worth all that hassle as I'm not 100% a lot of people would buy into it. Maybe they could add it as a DLC option one day but for the main game it may prove a bit too much for some.

After what happened with F1 2013 I'd rather they focused on getting the main game right and making suer things work better out of the box this time. Then if there is time work on adding one or 2 small ideas to improve the career mode possibly. My  priority wouldn't be GP2/3 yet but once they've got themselves established on next gen then maybe in the 2015 game they can look at this again perhaps.

looking forward to them releasing the "news" that we have all been waiting for! i just hope that they are making this on ps4/xbox one but even if not im still buying it!!! as long as they keep us informed and keep posting regular updates then i cant wait! 

Yeah, I can't wait much more either haha :D I'm sure when they do release the news it will be pretty big. Hopefully there'll be a good selection of screenshots, hopefully a video trailer, and I'm sure Luke will cram as much info as possible into the blog post, and hopefully we can have some Q&A thread on the forum where we can ask questions and hopefully the developers can answer some. They had that for GRID Autosport and it was really good.

I agree I think given Steve does have an account on here and time permitting I'm sure he'll come on here and answer  some just as @Hatta will assuming he can.

that is a very fair point you make there, but i think that it might be easier to make those than the classics they did as they dont have to track down old sponsors, but completely agree with the point you make on the main game, and would also like to see online improved a bit as i struggled to get into the online.

that is a very fair point you make there, but i think that it might be easier to make those than the classics they did as they dont have to track down old sponsors, but completely agree with the point you make on the main game, and would also like to see online improved a bit as i struggled to get into the online.

Can't really speak about online as I don't  touch it but based on what I've read from others I'm not sure online gaming is really one of CM's main strengths anyway.

It may be easier than doing the classics but there are still about 20 odd cars on the grid each time much like with the F1 championship and each of them would still need making up. With the classics the could get away with a small selection and just have a small grid of 10/12 cars.

all this delay because people want $ because their names on a car or a sign? come on...lol

xanax20 said:

all this delay because people want $ because their names on a car or a sign? come on...lol

unfortunately that's how the world works these days nobody gives you anything for nothing.

The later they leave the announcement, the less time they will have to talk up the game and then be a crushing disappointment. Also, it gives them a top excuse when they forget to leave out features that are heavily requested: "Well, it's about to go gold tomorrow so we can't really add anything new at this stage. Maybe next year eh...!"

I get the feeling if It's not done this week then it'll certainly be done at some stage during the summer break

well i hope so...i want to race new gen...nfs rivals can only go so far...this is def getting me hungry fort he game though...ive been a c.m. fan since toca days...enjoy f1 most...so this wait is agonizing...lol

Yes yes, oh god yes. I'd buy a standalone GP2/GP3 game, so if they included it in the F1 title I'd just about wet myself.

I doubt that we will will get info this weekend as Steve is going for a weeks holiday however he did say it won't affect F1 so...

I doubt that we will will get info this weekend as Steve is going for a weeks holiday however he did say it won't affect F1 so...

I doubt we will get info this month... I'm hoping that some sort of info/trailer is released before Spa after the mid-season break.

Skye said:

I doubt we will get info this month... I'm hoping that some sort of info/trailer is released before Spa after the mid-season break.

Don't kidding guys.