Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 - News "Soon"

mmpaw37 said:

We'll have news soon I'm pretty sure of that. If I had to hazard a guess within the next couple of weeks almost certainly before the season resumes in Spa though. Although I can't guarantee it but I'm almost certain it'll  happen in that window

Someone sent a tweet asking if we would be getting a reveal at the Spa GP weekend, @Formula1Game replied by saying no.

I then tweeted them and said, So its going to be announced after Spa???

They tweeted back by saying, that's not what we said, we just said it wouldn't be at the Spa GP.

So, with this said, it kind of confirms that it will be announced sometime before, so in the next 4 weeks. I know i'm probably wrong but hey, it's worth a post I guess! :-/

The thing is, people including myself have started to lose a little patience, and it's not that we wish this to happen, it just does, and we then put ourselves in a 'bad light' with Steve Hood, Hatta and the entire team!.

They probably think we are insane or something!

BUT, no matter which way you look at it, we are going to buy the game no matter what we've said and they know that unfortunately, why else would we keep persisting with tweets/threads/posts etc.

So...Codemasters/Steve Hood/Hatta...YOU KNOW WE ARE GOING TO BUY THE GAME REGARDLESS, BUT PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE US SOME INFO!!! ;-(

yeah I wsa just saying that info would be released at some stage during this summer break window that now generally occurs between the races of Hungary and Spa or mid season break as I often sometimes call it. But either way it gives them a 4 week window to get something out there which is more than enough time really.

mmpaw37 said:

We'll have news soon I'm pretty sure of that. If I had to hazard a guess within the next couple of weeks almost certainly before the season resumes in Spa though. Although I can't guarantee it but I'm almost certain it'll  happen in that window

Someone sent a tweet asking if we would be getting a reveal at the Spa GP weekend, @Formula1Game replied by saying no.

They tweeted back by saying, that's not what we said, we just said it wouldn't be at the Spa GP.

So, with this said, it kind of confirms that it will be announced sometime before, so in the next 4 weeks. I know i'm probably wrong but hey, it's worth a post I guess! :-/

The thing is, people including myself have started to lose a little patience, and it's not that we wish this to happen, it just does, and we then put ourselves in a 'bad light' with Steve Hood, Hatta and the entire team!.

BUT, no matter which way you look at it, we are going to buy the game no matter what we've said and they know that unfortunately, why else would we keep persisting with tweets/threads/posts etc.

So...Codemasters/Steve Hood/Hatta...YOU KNOW WE ARE GOING TO BUY THE GAME REGARDLESS, BUT PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE US SOME INFO!!! ;-(

yeah I wsa just saying that info would be released at some stage during this summer break window that now generally occurs between the races of Hungary and Spa or mid season break as I often sometimes call it. But either way it gives them a 4 week window to get something out there which is more than enough time really.

I think we all know it will be within the summer break. If it's not then I doubt there will be an F1 2014.

"So, with this said, it kind of confirms that it will be announced sometime before, so in the next 4 weeks. I know i'm probably wrong but hey, it's worth a post I guess! :-/"

See what I mean? This crap needs to stop. It doesn't 'kind of' confirm anything, yet you people are so hell bent on reading into stuff that isn't there. Just stop already; you are single handedly adding to the problem and further fanning the fire. You ARE wrong, and it's NOT worth a post.

Unless you are employed by Codemasters, stop assuming. You don't know a damn thing.

Maybe Codemasters have had a take overbid from another company. That would mean total lock down. But hey I'm just guessing. Not seen any evidence at all that's the case.

I hope this will not lead to weak sales (like last year) because then we won't get any F1 game next year.

Dez0808 said:

Maybe Codemasters have had a take overbid from another company. That would mean total lock down. But hey I'm just guessing. Not seen any evidence at all that's the case.

doubt that I'm assuming that it might be a next gen one. I think that maybe is why they've had a few problems putting it together might be the reason for the delay although I can't say for certain, that's my theory anyway it's still all speculation though.

Recon1k said:

"So, with this said, it kind of confirms that it will be announced sometime before, so in the next 4 weeks. I know i'm probably wrong but hey, it's worth a post I guess! :-/"

See what I mean? This crap needs to stop. It doesn't 'kind of' confirm anything, yet you people are so hell bent on reading into stuff that isn't there. Just stop already; you are single handedly adding to the problem and further fanning the fire. You ARE wrong, and it's NOT worth a post.

Unless you are employed by Codemasters, stop assuming. You don't know a damn thing.

So, on the Formula One Twitter account, them saying it's planned, accounts for nothing? And Hatta himself saying it's coming real soon doesn't account for anything either?

mmpaw37 said:

What's more irritating to CM ? To have lots of people interested in when the game comes out or no interest at all ? I know which one of these I'd rather have if I was making it.

That said I think it is not right to hassle people repeatedly directly. Speculate and have a moan on the thread-fine. People who don't want to speculate don't have to bother with the thread. I think we'd all get irritated if we were getting loads of tweets per day asking the same questions over and over again we couldn't answer.

mmpaw37 said:

Recon1k said:

Chill out my friend, you'll do yourself an injury!

But it is kinda strange you should say that because I only thought to myself earlier on, i'm going to stop this posting business, doesn't achieve anything like you say!.

I'm gonna chill out and relax, therefore things might be more forthcoming!

I agree I'm pretty chilled out about this too I'm happy to just let it happen when it happens the only way I can see these speculation threads stop from popping up is if CM decide to come out and actually say something. It shows that people are interested in the product which is still a good thing even if the speculation is a bit annoying. I wouldn't say I'm excited myself that much at the moment but if CM make the right noises about the game and there are significant improvements over the predecessors then I could be. I'm just not holding my breath on it. Judging by how significantly Autosport has changed compared with Grid 2 though it is possible.

I suppose the fact that so far in the trend though the even numbered games I think have tended to be the more successful ones 2010 and 2012 were so I suppose there is hope there for 2014 whereas 11 and 13 both turned out to be problematic in one way or another.

My wife asked me when I'm going to wash the dishes.

I said "soon".

She has no idea. 

Apparently, Codemaster's definition of "soon" means several months. Why can't they even tell us what month they will release information or the month of release? It's as if all of this information has to be kept secret like it's national security, IT'S JUST A GAME, tell us already!

All kidding aside, I think it's cool that there's this fever, buzz and hype around F1 2014. I haven't been this excited for a racing game since they announced F1 2009 (which eventually became F1 2010).  Can't wait to see what Codemasters have done with the extra power - AI has to/will be greatly improved. 

It's pretty mind blowing what they were able to do with so little on PS3. 512mb RAM. Of that, half were locked for the GPU and half for the rest (including operating system). Now they have 8GB (1GB for operating system). 

there a reason that info like the date as Codemasters might not make the date and forced to delay and get very angry people, its better for Codemasters to be 100% sure before we get the date

I think the delay is to do with the promotion materials and making sure that people understand all the different editions. For example, that F1 2014 on PS4 will be completely different from F1 2014 on PS3. And that there will be some sort of Senna/Classic Edition at least for PC/PS4/X1 but maybe not for PS3/XO. This the way they can avoid the confusion and negative feedback like "I bought it on PS3 but it's the same game as last year and there's no classic content, wtf?"

Dez0808 said:

F1 cars go zoooooommmmm!!!!!

while

codemasters go sooooooonnnnn!!!!

Actually F1 cars no longer go "zoooommm". Unfortunately they're more like "brommmbrombrom".

and today i been spotting mistakes, there is no last gen XboxO as it is Xbox 360, fingers cross we get news by the end of the month which is now not far away