Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2014 - News "Soon"

yeah working to bring a substandard product up to the standard of forza horizon 2 and project horizon 2.  thats why they probably havent released any screenshots as they have seen the debacle of ubisofts watchdog hyping up something which in the end was rubbish

mmpaw37 said:

if the moto gp game can do 3 classes, over 100 riders and 50+ teams then im sure it can be done

Yes but...Have you played MotoGP 14 on the PC???

With the PC, included in the package are 2 versions, the 32 and 64bit, and I can quite categorically tell you that there is minimal to no difference between the two.

Therefore, with this said, I would assume that even if F1 2014 is released on both 'old-gen' and 'new-gen', I am sure it will be the same.

Put it this way, I wouldn't want to be Codemasters if they release both versions with significant differences!

how would you know the difference if you run it on the same machine?? lol doesn't make sense at all.

sjsharp2010 said:

Araqiel said:
Grid Autosport Formula C cars have got the controlling scheme spot on with how I would like F1 2014 F1 cars to handle at rookie level and I have the Formula C cars on Very Easy Level.Also on rookie level make your car a little bit faster than the Ai so they are not so close on your back and put ai times on the rookie level a few seconds slower in Practice and Qualifying and you will have rookie level spot on for me.I know a few people will disagree with me.Thats how I wanted f1 2013 cars to handle like at rookie level. 

You want F1 2014 to handle like an approximation of an F3 car? See this is why people don't take the 'rookie is too hard' crowd seriously.

What he meant was the pace of the AI should be beatable at Rookie level should be easier when you have the assists on and he is right. it should and it wasn't on F1 2013 F1 2013 is terrible. I know for one thing I'm already considering skipping F1 2014 if I don't like what I hear when they do release info . I can also guarantee that if the game is like 2013 then I probably won't buy another F1 game while CM have the license.

When it comes to the game yes you expect it to be a little bit as the season is but they went a little over the top last year this combined with the screwed up AI is what totally ruined 2013. This is why they need to rectify these issues and make sure the game is at a playable state on all difficulty settings because it was in F1 2010-12

Finally Thank you someone in this forum understands where I am coming from with the rookie Ai level of f1 2013 its a shame there are not that many more people like me and Sjsharp2010 around on these forums.Also that is probably why there is not because it always seems to be if you find anything diificult at all you get ridiculed for being different.So people who are like me and Sjsharp2010 stay away from forums So there always seems to be a minority when I expect there are quite alot of people that are having issues like us thus the developers would not take us seriously because not many people are speaking up about it.If people understand where I am coming from.

Finally Thank you someone in this forum understands where I am coming from with the rookie Ai level of f1 2013 its a shame there are not that many more people like me and Sjsharp2010 around on these forums.Also that is probably why there is not because it always seems to be if you find anything diificult at all you get ridiculed for being different.So people who are like me and Sjsharp2010 stay away from forums So there always seems to be a minority when I expect there are quite alot of people that are having issues like us thus the developers would not take us seriously because not many people are speaking up about it.If people understand where I am coming from.

Don't worry what others say. People that say "oh I play on Legend and it's too easy" and then go on to mock people don't seem to get or are too ignorant to understand that everyone has a different skill level. The whole point of gaming is that it caters to all ages and all skill levels which is why it's so popular. If they were only made for the top 10% then gaming would've died by now.

Sorry for going off topic  but it had to be said.

Hughesy said:

Don't worry what others say. People that say "oh I play on Legend and it's too easy" and then go on to mock people don't seem to get or are too ignorant to understand that everyone has a different skill level. The whole point of gaming is that it caters to all ages and all skill levels which is why it's so popular. If they were only made for the top 10% then gaming would've died by now.

Sorry for going off topic  but it had to be said.

I agree but it seems to me that CM need to make the games  I think with 1 or 2 more difficulty settings than they actually did with F1 2013. I think the fact the fact that somebody observed I think it was @thehoodedclaw a former forum poster on the old forums that the difficulty were evenly split about 2 seconds apart from one another and I think what they need to do with 2014 assuming they keep the same strategy and level setting is add a new difficulty call it Rookie/Beginner and make it about 2 seconds slower than Amateur and I think that would solve the problem as really that's what's happened as Amateur was made around 2 second faster in and around the old 2012 and earlier intermediate level pace.

CM screwed up on this last year I just don't want them to repeat the mistake. I've had a lot of fun hours with CM's racing games and I'd love to have more. CM need to take what is good about their games and keep using those elements. By all means add things like tyre wear or twitchy cars or whatever seems to be the main thing of that season but don't make things too unplayable and hard on the bottom levels because of them. If they don't correct the mistakes of 2013 I know I almost certainly won't buy the game and like @dangerousbrian0 I am sure there are others that'll give up on the series as well.

Difficulty levels are always hard to get right.  I just hope we see Perez/Vettel Hungary type spins in this years game because the amount of crashes, accidents and mechanical failures this season should be reflected in the game.

I often wonder why rather than trying to make the ai go faster they dont make it harder for the player to go so fast. You could have a setting that reduces grip off track. Put a wheel off track to far and your in the wall. Seen a fair few videos of people racing legend and winning in cars that shouldn't get anyway near the front. Why not make those cars harder to drive?

A lot of the pace seems to come from custom setups. Again why not remove this and change the way setups are done. Maybe the "perfect" setup should be different every time. You have to use free practice to try find it. That's what its like in real life. They don't turn up and setup exactly like they did last year. Its a trial and error process. No more loading the same setups for each race or downloading other peoples.

Dez0808 said:

I often wonder why rather than trying to make the ai go faster they dont make it harder for the player to go so fast. You could have a setting that reduces grip off track. Put a wheel off track to far and your in the wall. Seen a fair few videos of people racing legend and winning in cars that shouldn't get anyway near the front. Why not make those cars harder to drive?

A lot of the pace seems to come from custom setups. Again why not remove this and change the way setups are done. Maybe the "perfect" setup should be different every time. You have to use free practice to try find it. That's what its like in real life. They don't turn up and setup exactly like they did last year. Its a trial and error process. No more loading the same setups for each race or downloading other peoples.

tbh I think they did in F1 2013 the problem was they also upped the AI pace as well that was the problem not so much that they made the cars hard to drive although they did make them harder to drive too but that the AI were pretty fast too even when the tyres are supposedly worn out. TBH I ended up downloading a grip mod in the end to make me faster. Although it definitely helps and I'm able to take the fight to the AI with it. I'm still struggling in some areas. I just hope they get it right this time.

JJRosso said:
Difficulty levels are always hard to get right.  I just hope we see Perez/Vettel Hungary type spins in this years game because the amount of crashes, accidents and mechanical failures this season should be reflected in the game.

Maybe maybe not as I felt the pervious games were all moer or less spot on. In what was the Amateur level which is the easiest setting on the game. It was competitive but not to the point wher e it was too fast/aggressive. The 2013 Amateur is at least 2 seconds faster than what was the 2012 Amateur setting. As I have said in other threads I think and hope we see a new lo0wer level 2 sec slower than the new Amateur to bring things back in line. If they can do this then I think they'll be more or less back on track.

I think a difficulty slider for AI strength (ex. rFactor) would be great because you can adjust the AI to the perfect speed for you, I always felt the AI are either too slow or too fast for me but that is just my experience, however I doubt CM will change to a slider.

I think a difficulty slider for AI strength (ex. rFactor) would be great because you can adjust the AI to the perfect speed for you, I always felt the AI are either too slow or too fast for me but that is just my experience, however I doubt CM will change to a slider.

I doubt that too but you are right I 've got F1 challenge 99-02 which was a game made by EA and that has a difficulty slider on it and works perfectly as it has 1 for aggression another for general speed. That probably would this series as well but. like you I don't see CM going with it.

Im going to call out T4RG4 on this one:

think i read all those same twiiter "expressions" somewhere before? hmm like any time over the past 4 years when you need something from CM F1.

Let me start by saying this, hats off to the guys for bringn  back to the main stream what was placed on the history shelf  for consoles ....F1 games!  well done

and in due recognition for their efforts, F1 2010 was awarded a BAFTA!

then look at where we are now!

so

lets re-capp

F1 2010 =  released Singapore GP Wkend (Fri Free Practice)

F1 2011 = released Singapore GP Wkend (Fri Free Practice)

F1 2012 = released Singapore GP Wkend (Fri Free Practice)

F1 2013 = released Singapore GP Wkend (Fri Free Practice)

F1 2014 = released Singapore GP Wkend (Fri Free Practice)  Well it should be

BUT WAIT!

by now, and a LOOONG time before even the "official"  release news, we had screen shots, and we knew these couldn't be counted on as they would always say things like WORK IN PROGRESS IN WHITE WRITING OVER THEM

hairymuff...  have i even seen one snippet of a screen shot?  NOPE. it's 8 weeks or so till the RELEASE date and STILL no images not even a few leaked shots! 

maybe there's nothing to leak!??  would make more sense no?

so here's my Call out on T4RG4 and the entire CM f1 team

Tried for F1 2014 next gen only , too hard to just copy existing code etc, too much memory they have never had or been used to, they can do MUCH MUCH MORE in terms of pit lane animations podiums etc, they WILL be trying to do what we have all asked for years but they have only just been set free on the next gen platforms, so it's all NEW territory. (i.e. having your pit crew AND the engineering crew animated at the same time, saving you being put on the dolly in Free practice session just to change boots, why cant we just ask for new Tyre come in during free practice and then carrer out again, ahh memory on THIS GEN, cant have both pit teams in the pit at the same time (im paraphrasing a conversation i had with T4RG4 via twitter a couple of years ago now.)

SO there will be NO F1 2014, not even on old gen.. WHY?

well they have been focusing on the NEXT GEN game, they could released F1 2013 with some lipstick on  but who wants that?  considering F1 2013 is on par with F1 2012... it prob cost more to rejig a game for this year and sell it as the sales are not going to be spectacular as they wont have been able to improove on 2013. not seeing since they have spent all their time on NEXT GEN 2014...

So, do CM CARE if they dont release a game this year? 

in short NO
go back to 2009 for those with short memories. YAAAAY CM have brought the F1 license, finally we will have more F1 games!  wait what no 2009 on xbox or ps3? 

even their SUITS UPON HIGH were mad as hell, millions paid for a license and no game being released.. are they mad, who needs to be fired?  but wait, we will do one on the PSP call it F1 2009, and then we can concentrate on the F1 201, and make a BAFTA winning game!

HUUURAH GAMBLE PAID OFF, 2010 pulled in SHED loads of money, all is forgiven...

so cue 5  years later and we are back in a similar situation.....

you will be told

SORRY NO F1 2014 THIS YEAR

we do have a F1 2014 on mobile app or for the ps vita only,  but hey listen we PROMISE next years will be GREAT!

im not that angry at them as i would rather have a better 2015 next gen experience than same old same old watering down a winning formula into drivel (cough 2013 cough)

what annoys me and fellow fans is the expectation that something great is going to happen, but not now.. in like 2 years time.. well then just bloody SAY IT!

so in short
no 2014 for next gen
no 2014 for this gen
2014 maybe on some pikey mobile app or some poor soul on a vita will get a  version of 2014... THAT will please the suits on high, they hink they are getting moneys worth for the cost of a licence

but im betting it will be 2015 now

but in CLASSIC CM fashion you will
A:  be told like a week before release date should of happened or
B:  they just go dark, and poor old Hata has to come back on after a few weeks and try and explain what those upon high have decided!

end of the day, this long in releasing information on a new game has always either indicated a software house is going down (unlikely here)  or that the game has been canceled / shelved or just down right kicked to the curb

It's a win win for me anyways...
im right or im wrong. and to be honest id love to be wrong!

Heart believes it
head says otherwise

See you all online around the Official F1  Singapore Race 2015 ;-)

TTFN

Akira Kain

Im going to call out T4RG4 on this one:

think i read all those same twiiter "expressions" somewhere before? hmm like any time over the past 4 years when you need something from CM F1.

Let me start by saying this, hats off to the guys for bringn  back to the main stream what was placed on the history shelf  for consoles ....F1 games!  well done

and in due recognition for their efforts, F1 2010 was awarded a BAFTA!

then look at where we are now!

so

lets re-capp

F1 2010 =  released Singapore GP Wkend (Fri Free Practice)

F1 2011 = released Singapore GP Wkend (Fri Free Practice)

F1 2012 = released Singapore GP Wkend (Fri Free Practice)

F1 2013 = released Singapore GP Wkend (Fri Free Practice)

F1 2014 = released Singapore GP Wkend (Fri Free Practice)  Well it should be

BUT WAIT!

by now, and a LOOONG time before even the "official"  release news, we had screen shots, and we knew these couldn't be counted on as they would always say things like WORK IN PROGRESS IN WHITE WRITING OVER THEM

hairymuff...  have i even seen one snippet of a screen shot?  NOPE. it's 8 weeks or so till the RELEASE date and STILL no images not even a few leaked shots! 

maybe there's nothing to leak!??  would make more sense no?

so here's my Call out on T4RG4 and the entire CM f1 team

Tried for F1 2014 next gen only , too hard to just copy existing code etc, too much memory they have never had or been used to, they can do MUCH MUCH MORE in terms of pit lane animations podiums etc, they WILL be trying to do what we have all asked for years but they have only just been set free on the next gen platforms, so it's all NEW territory. (i.e. having your pit crew AND the engineering crew animated at the same time, saving you being put on the dolly in Free practice session just to change boots, why cant we just ask for new Tyre come in during free practice and then carrer out again, ahh memory on THIS GEN, cant have both pit teams in the pit at the same time (im paraphrasing a conversation i had with T4RG4 via twitter a couple of years ago now.)

SO there will be NO F1 2014, not even on old gen.. WHY?

well they have been focusing on the NEXT GEN game, they could released F1 2013 with some lipstick on  but who wants that?  considering F1 2013 is on par with F1 2012... it prob cost more to rejig a game for this year and sell it as the sales are not going to be spectacular as they wont have been able to improove on 2013. not seeing since they have spent all their time on NEXT GEN 2014...

So, do CM CARE if they dont release a game this year? 

in short NO
go back to 2009 for those with short memories. YAAAAY CM have brought the F1 license, finally we will have more F1 games!  wait what no 2009 on xbox or ps3? 

even their SUITS UPON HIGH were mad as hell, millions paid for a license and no game being released.. are they mad, who needs to be fired?  but wait, we will do one on the PSP call it F1 2009, and then we can concentrate on the F1 201, and make a BAFTA winning game!

HUUURAH GAMBLE PAID OFF, 2010 pulled in SHED loads of money, all is forgiven...

so cue 5  years later and we are back in a similar situation.....

you will be told

SORRY NO F1 2014 THIS YEAR

we do have a F1 2014 on mobile app or for the ps vita only,  but hey listen we PROMISE next years will be GREAT!

im not that angry at them as i would rather have a better 2015 next gen experience than same old same old watering down a winning formula into drivel (cough 2013 cough)

what annoys me and fellow fans is the expectation that something great is going to happen, but not now.. in like 2 years time.. well then just bloody SAY IT!

so in short
no 2014 for next gen
no 2014 for this gen
2014 maybe on some pikey mobile app or some poor soul on a vita will get a  version of 2014... THAT will please the suits on high, they hink they are getting moneys worth for the cost of a licence

but im betting it will be 2015 now

but in CLASSIC CM fashion you will
A:  be told like a week before release date should of happened or
B:  they just go dark, and poor old Hata has to come back on after a few weeks and try and explain what those upon high have decided!

end of the day, this long in releasing information on a new game has always either indicated a software house is going down (unlikely here)  or that the game has been canceled / shelved or just down right kicked to the curb

It's a win win for me anyways...
im right or im wrong. and to be honest id love to be wrong!

Heart believes it
head says otherwise

See you all online around the Official F1  Singapore Race 2015 ;-)

TTFN

Akira Kain

Don't think they can win really. If they decide not to make the game soon then people on here will complain. If they do and it is not ready/full next gen experience/buggy then people will complain.

My guess is from previously viewing the forums there are more people complain more loudly about bugs/bad features than complain about no news, so from a publicity point of view to me it makes more sense to delay announcement until they think it is ready than put out something not up to scratch. That might not please the few on here that want news quickly but that's business.

The point I made before was that if they have a piece of software they think is ready and want to release it makes absolutely no sense for them not to announce it and start selling/making money as soon as possible. This is a strong business reason. Therefore the conclusion is that if they are not announcing it yet, then it is for a very,very good reason. No trust is required here. No belief in what they might say. If they are not announcing it they have a very good reason not to do so. Period. And nothing we say on here is going to change that good reason. So its just a matter of waiting patiently. Transition to next gen was never going to be smooth !

Guys, keep calm.

The only reason you got this answer by Hatta is that there is no point in being there just now. No Codemasters game coming out this year (at least no yet announced game). Anyway: Codemasters won't be at gamescom, as they do not publish their games themselves anymore. If we get to see F1 2014, it'll be at the booth of Bandai Namco Games Germany, as these folks are the publishers of Codie's games 'round here.

F1 2010 -> Booth of Deep Silver
F1 2011 -> Booth of Deep Silver
F1 2012 -> Booth of Namco Bandai Games Germany
F1 2013 -> Not at gamescom (Bandai Namco did not attend gamescom)
F1 2014 -> Booth ot Bandai Namco Games Germany (they're back at the gamescom show floor and show "Racing games". They got no other games in this gerne besides pCARS, and the only other racing games published by Namco is the F1 series. Furthermore they had "Racing games" listed in their Portfolio BEFORE they signed the publishing deal for pCARS)

You just have to dig somewhat deeper than the rest does. ;)