Jump to content Jump to content

F1 won't launch anymore and EGO Dumper everytime

Gafsss

I played F1 2020 for about 20 hours normally but suddenly it won't start anymore. When I click on the shortcut or directly on the Steam button it goes to a black screen and after a minute or so a EGO Dumper report appears and the game crashes. Tried every troubleshooting I could find, including reinstalling, closing all secondary apps, moving to another drive partition but nothing worked. 

Some information about the problem below:

• Platform
    PC/Steam
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
    Can't access the game to see it.
  • Wired or Wireless Connection?
  • Wired
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    Yes, everytime I try to launch the game 
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    Simply trying to start the game 🙂
  • Can you add a report code.
    Can't get there
  • Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?
    Just a black screen so it doesn't really matter, but the EGO Dumper report is below.

[12-04-2021 21:47:47] - Writing DMP file.
    [12-04-2021 21:47:47] - MiniDump can be found at: C:\Users\caioa\AppData\Local\Temp\746942-20210412-214747.dmp.

Got it, so attached is the dump file from one of my last attempts running the game.

@BarryBL I tried everything I could find:
- Fix game files on Steam
- Disable overlay
- Update video drivers
- Launch game on -safemode
- Reinstall the game
- Move to another drive partition
- Delete the config.xml files
- Launch on DirectX 11
- Download DirectX 12 again and reinstall it
- Run the game as administrator
- Run the game in forced windowed mode
- Disable auxiliary monitors and launch the game with a single monitor
- Change game video settings on Nvidia panel
- Restart PC and close all apps before launching the game

And I think that was all. Honestly I have no idea what else I can do. It's strange because I was playing normally 3 days ago, I have no idea what happened between that day and now.

746942-20210412-221003-0.zip

• Administrator

Thanks @Gafsss, Can you remember the date in which this began to happen? Please add your DXDiag when possible.

Can you also try:

- Reverting graphics drivers while disconnected from the Internet back to 465.89
- Restart your PC
- Delete the file hardware_settings_ config.xml file, and re-launching.

DXDiag is attached. Unfortunately no success with the graphics drivers rollback.

I think it began happening 4-5 days ago all of the sudden. 
Even tried to reset BIOS settings as one user from another topic said it worked for him but still nothing...

DxDiag.txt

8 hours ago, Gafsss said:

DXDiag is attached. Unfortunately no success with the graphics drivers rollback.

I think it began happening 4-5 days ago all of the sudden. 
Even tried to reset BIOS settings as one user from another topic said it worked for him but still nothing...

DxDiag.txt

Can you try troubleshooting with just the primary display connected? Also, add the make and model of your motherboard as it is not in the dxdiag (some kind of ASUS B450/B550/X570 I'm guessing)

My motherboard is an ASRock A320M-HD

I tried to launch the game with just the primary monitor connected but it continues to loop and crash before the game loads. Try anything else in that aspect doesn't make sense to me as I was running the game normally with 3 monitors before this started happening. Unless there's something I can do to change the config.xml file manually to accept my secondary monitors again, but I'll need assistance with the code in this case. 

Guys, I want to have my money back if the issue is unknown, I'll not pay for a game that I can't play. Never went through something like this with any game since 1995 or so...
Please let me know what do I need to do to proceed with the refund process. 

On 4/15/2021 at 9:42 PM, Gafsss said:

My motherboard is an ASRock A320M-HD

I tried to launch the game with just the primary monitor connected but it continues to loop and crash before the game loads. Try anything else in that aspect doesn't make sense to me as I was running the game normally with 3 monitors before this started happening. Unless there's something I can do to change the config.xml file manually to accept my secondary monitors again, but I'll need assistance with the code in this case. 

You can simply delete the hardware_settings_config.xml file before starting the game. If there is one there, the game reads it. If there isn't, it creates a new one.

UEFI 6.20 (AGESA Combo PI v1.0.0.6)

Also, motherboard driver (ASUS website outdated, drivers there from 2019)

Recommend DDU and install your Nvidia driver that was last working. Seems to be many issues from 46x.xx on many games. 

• Administrator
On 4/21/2021 at 5:33 AM, Gafsss said:

It's simply impossible to run the game. Tried everything. Apparently I need to buy a whole new computer to fix it. Please, can you just refund my steam account? Super bummed with CM.

Please contact custservice@codemasters.com to discuss the refund process @Gafsss, however, we have offered troubleshooting advice (Thanks @steviejay69). 

8 minutos atrás, BarryBL disse:

Por favor, preencha um relató rio de bug completo@ Jeff507

• Plataforma
    PC / Steam
  • Qual versão do jogo você está usando (mostrado na tela inicial no canto esquerdo inferior da tela) 
    Não é possível acessar o jogo para vê-lo.
  • Conexão com ou sem fio?
  • Com fio
  • Precisamos fazer com que seu problema aconteça internamente para que possamos corrigi-lo. Você pode fazer o problema acontecer novamente?
    Sim, toda vez que tento iniciar o jogo 
  • Como você faz o problema acontecer?
    Simplesmente tentando iniciar o jogo 🙂
  • Você pode adicionar um código de relatório.
    Não consigo chegar lá
  • Vídeo do problema, incluindo carimbos de data / hora. Você transmitiu a sessão?
    Apenas uma tela preta, então isso realmente não importa.

57 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

English speaking forum @Jeff507. Can you translate.

• Platform
    PC/Steam
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
  • Wired
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    Simply trying to start the game 🙂
    Can't get there
    Just a black screen so it doesn't really matter.

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Jeff507 said:
  • Platform
    PC/Steam
  • Wired
    Simply trying to start the game 🙂
    Can't get there
    Just a black screen so it doesn't really matter.

What troubleshooting have you attempted? Can you post your DXDiag and hardware settings too please. Have you played the game before, or have you never been able to access the game,

14 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Que solução de problemas você tentou? Você pode postar seu DXDiag e configurações de hardware também. Você já jogou o jogo antes ou nunca conseguiu acessar o jogo,

I already tried all these solutions:

- Fix game files on Steam
- Disable overlay
- Update video drivers
- Launch game on -safemode
- Reinstall the game
- Move to another drive partition
- Delete the config.xml files
- Launch on DirectX 11
- Download DirectX 12 again and reinstall it
- Run the game as administrator
- Run the game in forced windowed mode