Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Arrives July 16 | Pre-Orders Live Now

59 minutes ago, Stipsy1107 said:

Or building irritation.

If I saw no gameplay for another month I genuinely would feel zero 'irritation' by the way, and don't entirely understand why others are so keen to have a company try to sell them something 🙂.

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

If I saw no gameplay for another month I genuinely would feel zero 'irritation' by the way, and don't entirely understand why others are so keen to have a company try to sell them something 🙂.

It's not "please codemasters, try to sell me this game", it's more like "hey guys, we would like to see some more of what you announced a month ago with a 30 second teaser, like you did past years", easy as it's written.

9 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I think that's a fair point and I bet many feel the same. I wonder what in any additional pre-launch videos may sway anyone one way or the other in terms of buying the game?

For me last year it was actually the views of prominent YouTubers playing the new game combined an Amazon deal that finally made me decide to order the game in early July.

Almost every developer studio releases a gameplay that's a special demo built specifically for promotion and they look MUCH better than the final product. So whatever is labeled "actual gameplay footage", I take it with a bit of grain of salt. But again, gameplay videos does not have affect on my decision. I purchase early access games for instance to support the developers and if a studio has a good reputation from the past, I know what to expect. Codies delivered a good F1 video game for number of years now and I would not hesitate to pre-purchase if I wanted to.
P.S.: EA might change my mind down the road 😄 😄

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
51 minutes ago, Stipsy1107 said:

It's not "please codemasters, try to sell me this game", it's more like "hey guys, we would like to see some more of what you announced a month ago with a 30 second teaser, like you did past years", easy as it's written.

Obviously I get that people would like more info. or to see new videos - I'd be interested too 🙂.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Cap10 said:

if we go by previous years they always release something new screenshots or a video during Monaco GP week. 

I can tell you that one evening i looked at last year and i saw that they posted the announce trailer on the same day of this year (15 april), so i went to see when they posted the first hot lap and it was the 6th of may, the day after that evening was 6th of may.. i was sure to wake up the day before and to see a hot lap video.. nothing, wrong thought 😆

I really hope to see in F1 some changes that will make it a lot more realistic. There are some settings that are missing right now like engine braking, flat spots, steering assists, force feedback is not very nice compered to ac ( especially when hitting kerbs ). Also tracks are close to the real tracks some places haven't updated since 2017 game. Multiplayer is very unstable, although connection has been improved on 2020 game there are some bugs like infinite wait back screen that wears the game down. I really like that codemasters always tries to find a few things to improve the game each year and I really hope the games will still getting better and better. All in all I hope the new gen of consoles will give us games with much more realism and features.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, EnaFreddo said:

I really hope to see in F1 some changes that will make it a lot more realistic. There are some settings that are missing right now like engine braking, flat spots, steering assists, force feedback is not very nice compered to ac ( especially when hitting kerbs ). Also tracks are close to the real tracks some places haven't updated since 2017 game. Multiplayer is very unstable, although connection has been improved on 2020 game there are some bugs like infinite wait back screen that wears the game down. I really like that codemasters always tries to find a few things to improve the game each year and I really hope the games will still getting better and better. All in all I hope the new gen of consoles will give us games with much more realism and features.

Compared with AC you have lights and shadows... I mean, In AC have a poooooooor damage issue, if you hit your car with a wall, your wings will be on red, but you can do hotlaps without problems. So yes, some things are better, but others with are very important like damage are tooo worse than F1 Codemasters saga.

• Agree 1
On 4/15/2021 at 9:38 PM, BarryBL said:

How far will you go before you reach your ‘Braking Point’? It’s time for the next generation with F1® 2021, the official videogame of the 2021 FIA Formula One World Championship ™. Racing onto your PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One, or PC via Steam on July 16, F1® 2021 is packed full of brand-new features, which we’ll take a closer look at right here. 

Check out the trailer for F1® 2021 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrJ8PddAMIw

What’s new? 

Braking Point 

Go on an epic journey with ‘Braking Point’, our brand-new story mode. Rise from the ranks of Formula 2™ to a shot at stardom in the world of Formula 1®. Experience the lifestyle both on and off the track as you take your seat in the pinnacle of motorsport. 

That’s not all. After his infamous debut in F1® 2019, Devon Butler is back. We’ll have plenty more to reveal about him and our brand-new story mode, ‘Braking Point’ in the coming weeks. 

Two-Player Career 

We’re also excited to reveal a feature you’ve requested for a long time – the ability to play career with your friends, either co-operatively or competitively. As each player will have complete control over the assists, you’ll be able to enjoy the game whether you’re a veteran or a newcomer to the series. 

Real-Season Start 

F1® 2021’s 'Real-Season Start' feature lets you jump into this season's action, reflecting the live standings, and then you can take over and drive the remaining races. Great for players who want to jump into the season to align with the real-world season. 

Next-Generation Experience 

For the first time, F1® 2021 is coming to Xbox Series X|S and PS5 with visual uplift and faster loading times, alongside PS4, Xbox One and PC via Steam. And if you’re planning to upgrade, we’re very happy to tell you that F1® 2021 will support Xbox Smart Delivery and PlayStation’s free upgrade if you’re switching to an Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation 5*. 

What’s returning to F1® 2021?  

Features you know and love from F1® 2020, such as My Team, two-player split-screen, shorter seasons, accessible options, and F2™ aren’t going anywhere. We’re also expanding and refining many other features, including scalable assist options, driver stats and multiplayer.  

Pre-ordering 

If you’re excited for F1® 2021, you can pre-order right now. You’ll get the Braking Point Content Pack, a set of exclusive in-game items inspired by the new story experience’s fictional stars, and 5,000 PitCoins. 

Our digital Deluxe Edition includes seven soon-to-be-unveiled classic F1® drivers for My Team, three days early access, extra customisation content, 18,000 PitCoins and the Braking Point Content Pack. 

We’ll also be adding three new circuits, Portimão, Imola, and Jeddah, which will be available to all players as free post-launch content. 

For more F1® 2021 news, make sure you’ve bookmarked the Formula 1 game website and are following our social channels on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook, as well as any forum news from yours truly. We've also added some renders of the liveries for the F1® 2021 season below:

F12021_alpine_hybrid_OCO31_marketing_right.png

F12021_aston_martin_hybrid_STR18_marketing_right.png

F12021_sauber_hybrid_RAI7_marketing_right.png

F12021_williams_hybrid_RUS63_marketing_right.png

*Our live service content may change as we continue development, and we will always strive to keep our community as informed as possible. 

**Conditions and restrictions apply. See https://www.ea.com/games/f1/f1-2021/buy and retailer sites for details.

are we going to get a physically deluxe edition like pervious years since 2016 BarryBL

On 5/5/2021 at 10:18 PM, AlexanderPD said:

still 68 long days ahead 😞

image.jpg

Hi,

May I ask, do both the PS4 and PS5 version show up as separate titles for you to choose between to auto-download? The Deluxe Edition purchased via F1 2020 only lists the PS4 version for download, despite all insistence from everyone that the PS5 version is included. If that’s the case then what appears in my auto-download list should match yours.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, gedeye said:

Hi,

May I ask, do both the PS4 and PS5 version show up as separate titles for you to choose between to auto-download? The Deluxe Edition purchased via F1 2020 only lists the PS4 version for download, despite all insistence from everyone that the PS5 version is included. If that’s the case then what appears in my auto-download list should match yours.

Thanks.

On 5/20/2021 at 4:04 PM, LightRacerSV5 said:

Will be there a steelbook for the new game for PC?

UTB a Game UK exclusive but no, I think not. I have a thread I update (but open to offers of help if anyone sees a better deal).

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, rikmeijers2002 said:

Why is there no picture of the mercedes in all released images?

The Mercedes was a work-in-progress livery by the time. Don't worry though, they have already shown photos of all the cars via social media (with the FOM chasis).

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, rikmeijers2002 said:

Why is there no picture of the mercedes in all released images?

Actually there is, here are some tweets:

https://twitter.com/Formula1game/status/1396108172901945344?s=20

https://twitter.com/Formula1game/status/1391402209821315073?s=20

As @Eclipsiumsaid, its work in progress.

10 minutes ago, CZPZ said:

Where is the gameplay 😭

We have only few weeks left to launch!

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, Kuhntz said:

Anyone know if the deluxe edition will be on disc? I’ve been looking but find nothing was wondering if maybe some one knows 

Currently it is only digital and there has been no statement I've seen to suggest this will change, although obviously it could.

4 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Currently it is only digital and there has been no statement I've seen to suggest this will change, although obviously it could.

Yeah I’m hoping Ik digital is easy but I’ve got all my f1 games disc I hate breaking tradition lol don’t fail me codemasters 🏎