Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Arrives July 16 | Pre-Orders Live Now

The wording in the press release leaves the possibility that Imola and Portimao will be in from the launch and only Jeddah (which has the asterisk) will be post-launch content.

But probably all 3 won't be in the game at launch. 

• Agree 1

Will the game require an Origin account to work? Like every EA game on Steam.Also what about multiplayer? On F1 2020 it was utter ****, like on F1 2019, 2018, 2017... for how long are you going to ignore our feedbacks about multiplayer? It's been years and we still have the same bugs and glitches

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Junbee said:

yeah same here in Indonesia, now it cost 60$ or 809.100IDR. it is hurting my excitement already...

Wait so the game is cheaper is other places relative to say UK/US prices? 

Just now, TheWalker17 said:

Will the game require an Origin account to work? Like every EA game on Steam.Also what about multiplayer? On F1 2020 it was utter ****, like on F1 2019, 2018, 2017... for how long are you going to ignore our feedbacks about multiplayer? It's been years and we still have the same bugs and glitches

I understand from F1 2020 they had RaceNet which was NOT required to play the game. Though with EA, I am unsure on if they will add that as a compulsory thing. As for multiplayer, many drivers express their feedback and I can only assume that they cannot do everything in 1 iteration of the game. Or else there would be no demand for the following year if the game is perfect one time. Its how marketing works

34 minutes ago, Des0xyN said:

Aaah, was very excited about the game but when I checked the pre-order pricing, the excitement died instantly. No regional pricing anymore on Steam.. Its gonna cost a fortune now here in my country. Thank you EA....

how is this EA's fault may ask like codemasters are still the ones who made the game and EA has probably not had much control seeing they only got them in the new year if you want to be angry at no regional pricing then blame steam for that

Hmmm since I have recently got a vr headset I was really hoping to see something about this in f12021.

Went back to my 2020 my team after a week of vr racing and yeah its one of those its hard to go back to flat screen for me.

1 minute ago, zampa said:

Wait so the game is cheaper is other places relative to say UK/US prices? 

I don't know about that but it is a massive jump from F1 2020 pricing in Indonesia

2 minutes ago, ConnorEDDY said:

I can only assume that they cannot do everything in 1 iteration of the game. Or else there would be no demand for the following year if the game is perfect one time. Its how marketing works

Well, they did nothing in 4 iterations. Multiplayer has been a mess since F1 2017 at least, and the same bugs and glitches are carried over to the next game. They just don't care. Look at that s.hit show called F1 Esports Series. Every single time there were drivers leaving due to bugs.

We're in freaking 2021 and we still can't have dedicated servers like AC, or rFactor 2, or any other serious game. And Codies run the freaking esports series, it's just ridicolous

Edited by TheWalker17
1 minute ago, TheWalker17 said:

Well, they did nothing in 4 iterations. Multiplayer has been a mess since F1 2017 at least, and the same bugs and glitches are carried over to the next game. They just don't care. Look at that s.hit show called F1 Esports Series. Every single time there were drivers leaving due to bugs

yeah agree multiplayer is what really needs overhauling like lando losing connection it wasn't great pr for the games stability

1 minute ago, TheWalker17 said:

Well, they did nothing in 4 iterations. Multiplayer has been a mess since F1 2017 at least, and the same bugs and glitches are carried over to the next game. They just don't care. Look at that s.hit show called F1 Esports Series. Every single time there were drivers leaving due to bugs

I understand the frustration. The official series uses another build which excludes the part of the game that are not needed allowing it to run better. Any disconnects in the official event is down to connection rather than game bugs. It is difficult trying to put on a show for tens of thousands of people using an online platform which they work hard to make for us. Yes there may be glitches carried over but they are aware of it at least. Which is better than ignoring the people reporting it

6 minutes ago, ConnorEDDY said:

I understand the frustration. The official series uses another build which excludes the part of the game that are not needed allowing it to run better. Any disconnects in the official event is down to connection rather than game bugs. It is difficult trying to put on a show for tens of thousands of people using an online platform which they work hard to make for us. Yes there may be glitches carried over but they are aware of it at least. Which is better than ignoring the people reporting it

Tbh I think they just ignore them. You can't keep releasing games that feature the EXACT SAME BUGS AND GLITCHES of the past game. It shows you just don't care. How long it took them to fix the damn Suzuka bump? 4 years for something that a modder can do in 1h probably. FOUR YEARS. And we still have tracks with bumps that are not there irl, and I have to listen to codies that say that they have accurate track data.

Same with bugs, rev limiter, sessions crashing, SC and VSC that hand out random penalties, setups not loaded. But I guess it's down to our connection. 4 iterations and we still have this s.hit. It doesn't look like they care.

And I don't even want to talk about problems reported during the beta phase and never corrected. The worst thing of all are people accepting it like it's normal. Dedicated servers have been a thing in racing games for over 15 years. I bet they're still running XP and Internet Explorer

Edited by TheWalker17
11 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

how is this EA's fault may ask like codemasters are still the ones who made the game and EA has probably not had much control seeing they only got them in the new year if you want to be angry at no regional pricing then blame steam for that

Mate, the price of a product gets determined by the Publisher. Steam always allows publishers to set regional pricing for their product. It was the case for the previous installments of the game. Now it costs more than 2020,2019,2018,2017 games combined in my country. Seeing a big backlash on Reddit and Steam discussions stating the prices got %400 in Turkey, Brazil, Russia, South Africa etc. This is EA's pricing this year and If they don't do something about it, they're gonna lose more money by simply lower sales.

• Agree 4

I mean it should be the same relative price for everyone everywhere, nowhere should be more expensive or cheaper than somewhere else we all pay for the same product, and in essence all you are doing is paying £60ish to click a download link on xbox/ps store.

• Disagree 6

350%!?. Thanks EA for this price. Hi from Turkey!

Many players who are fans of the series in this country will not be able to buy it because of this price.

This was the end for me. Sorry CM. 💔

image.png.8751641f42cbf9b2658c17416881f661.png1062282906_EAEffect.jpg.dbd605f303a83327868b6febbee53e02.jpg 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 5
2 minutes ago, zampa said:

I mean it should be the same relative price for everyone everywhere, nowhere should be more expensive or cheaper than somewhere else we all pay for the same product, and in essence all you are doing is paying £60ish to click a download link on xbox/ps store.

This isn't how it works. In poor countries 60£ are half of the monthly wage. My and your 60£ aren't the same 60£ of an indian or argentinian guy. This is why regional pricing exists, but we know at EA they are greedy *****

Edited by TheWalker17
  • Agree 8
22 minutes ago, TheWalker17 said:

How I can beta testing?

1 minute ago, zampa said:

I understand there is an unequality here but for the player count and better multiplayer experience (not including dirty drivers obviously) , they gotta do something about us mate. They're gonna lose more money this way simply by lower sale numbers believe me.