Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Arrives July 16 | Pre-Orders Live Now


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, zampa said:

It should be same price for everyone.

Or should I just use a vpn and buy it cheaper?

Sure go ahead if you can. Steam doesn't allow purchases from other countries payment methods. Incredible how insensitive you are.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, zampa said:

It should be same price for everyone.

Or should I just use a vpn and buy it cheaper?

This shows how little you know about the world you live in.

Grow up, maybe once you become an adult you get how it works

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in Brazil the game went from 110 BRL to 249 BRL. Is EA to blame for this increase or is it just an unfortunate coincidence?

 

For the first time in many years I'll skip the F1 game.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheWalker17 said:

This shows how little you know about the world you live in.

Grow up, maybe once you become an adult you get how it works

I mean it looks like that's the way they have gone about pricing it, everyone pays the same amount. You do know that EA are in the house now right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, zampa said:

I mean it looks like that's the way they have gone about pricing it, everyone pays the same amount. You do know that EA are in the house now right?

Everyone doesn't pay the same amount. There's a difference between the empty number you call "price" and its actual VALUE. That's the word you're looking for. Value.

60£ is nothing for who earns a decent salary. But unfortunately in the world there are poor countries, where people don't earn as much, and those 60£ are actually a good chunk of the salary. We're not paying the same amount. But it seems you can't understand this simple thing.

EA is the cancer of the videogame industry

Edited by TheWalker17
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheWalker17 said:

Everyone doesn't pay the same amount. There's a difference between the empty number you call "price" and its actual VALUE. That's the word you're looking for. Value.

60£ is nothing for who earns a decent salary. But unfortunately in the world there are poor countries, where people don't earn as much, and those 60£ are actually a good chunk of the salary. We're not paying the same amount. But it seems you can't understand this simple thing.

EA is the cancer of the videogame industry

I understand what you're saying but like I said EA are in the house now.

It is probably seen as devaluing the product, how do they price Fifa games in other places? If the prices are scaled down itll prob be a good inclination to price changes down the line for F1 etc.

Edited by zampa
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zampa said:

It should be same price for everyone.

Or should I just use a vpn and buy it cheaper?

You realise that regional pricing is a very common thing, right? Across the gaming industry and beyond. 

For those of you that live in places where previous games were cheaper - are other EA games much more expensive in the same way?

It will be interesting to see if the big price increase is reversed or at least reduced. I have a feeling it may be...

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

You realise that regional pricing is a very common thing, right? Across the gaming industry and beyond. 

For those of you that live in places where previous games were cheaper - are other EA games much more expensive in the same way?

It will be interesting to see if the big price increase is reversed or at least reduced. I have a feeling it may be...

Yes they are. EA as a publisher doesn't go for region based pricing at all. I feel hopeless..

Link to post
Share on other sites

@BarryBL  I'm very disappointed in this pricing strategy with F1 2021.  In Canada it's nowhere near as bad as some other countries where it's double or triple the price, but you are still charging more than the current exchange rate between US and Canada.  

Theoretically it would be cheaper for me to have a US friend gift it to me and I pay them.

 

Raising the price on the game when you admit to not even making minor changes to the tracks...not very business smart if you ask me.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

- Can we turn off the transfers only for the legends (like in PES)?

I like to see transfers, but I don't wanna see for example Button returning.

- Improvements for MyTeam?

- Can we finally change the order of the calendar or we are stuck to (2020 example) Australia as the first race if selected?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Krovven said:

Raising the price on the game when you admit to not even making minor changes to the tracks...not very business smart if you ask me.

You're getting three new tracks and an added story mode...

  • Disagree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

You're getting three new tracks and an added story mode...

So?  Does that justify the price hike of 2x-5x in some countries?  No!  Are you seriously going to try and defend corporate greed?

 

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Krovven said:

So?  

So your comment about minimal changes to the game doesn't seem accurate (see what I highlighted in bold in my reply to you).

No I don't think huge price increases in less affluent countries is a good move for fans, or commercially. I obviously wouldn't remotely put Canada in this category though :classic_smile:.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, pspps1 said:

- Can we turn off the transfers only for the legends (like in PES)?

I like to see transfers, but I don't wanna see for example Button returning.

- Improvements for MyTeam?

- Can we finally change the order of the calendar or we are stuck to (2020 example) Australia as the first race if selected?

Oh, and another thing:

- Will we be able to select a track twice for a season? (Like double Silverstone or double Austria)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna hold my preorder until we know exact dates for the release of Imola and Portimao. If Codemasters started working on them RIGHT after they were announced in 2020, they could be ready for late-July/early-August since making a track takes around 1 year. 

I felt slightly burned by the F2 2020 DLC being released only in December.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

So your comment about minimal changes to the game doesn't seem accurate (see what I highlighted in bold in my reply to you).

No I don't think huge price increases in less affluent countries is a good move for fans, or commercially. I obviously wouldn't remotely put Canada in this category though :classic_smile:.

 

They are still charging more than the proper exchange rate, whether it's 5% more for 500% more is irrelevant.  If they charge more and don't make long outstanding changes to tracks, AI, graphics issues etc etc, regardless of new features, it doesn't look very good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Krovven said:

They are still charging more than the proper exchange rate, whether it's 5% more for 500% more is irrelevant.  If they charge more and don't make long outstanding changes to tracks, AI, graphics issues etc etc, regardless of new features, it doesn't look very good.

Why should the US price be the benchmark? 

For context for anyone interested, the UK price of the base game has gone up by about 9% compared to last year (£60 vs £55).

Link to post
Share on other sites

So... the 3 new tracks come post launch?  How are we supposed to go about playing career/season/my team mode then?   OR is this going to be like the F2 2020 content that can't be used in those modes?   If so; you can count me out this year.

Same with the F2 content.   Since it says the game will come with both 20 and 21 F2 content then I assume it's the same as last year.  F2 2020 at launch, 2021 whenever it comes down the road.  Likely again unusable in career/season/my team.   That's also ridiculous and you can count me out this year. 

Just give us all the damn tracks & F2 content from the start so we can actually use the CURRENT F2 drivers and cars.  This is a crazy time, the calendar keeps changing, Canada was on the official calendar and now cancelled.  Just leave the track in the game so we can race it, or add it into a custom schedule if we wanted.   Same with China.  Same with Vietnam.  Same with Zanvoort & Nurburgring.  The tracks are built for the game.  Leave them in so we can play them if we want!  MAke the default season calendar match the real calendar and have the custom season option.  It's really quite simple... the content is there, just give it to us.

And for the love of God please add a McLaren logo or something to the blue portion at the bottom of the side pod on the livery.  It looks awful plain blue.  If you can't use the real sponsor, put the team's logo there so it at least looks normal.  Not plain and bare.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Why should the US price be the benchmark? 

For context for anyone interested, the UK price of the base game has gone up by about 9% compared to last year (£60 vs £55).

Because the US price is the exact same as last year and EA is an american company that has a history of ignoring regional pricing and exchange rates.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...