Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Arrives July 16 | Pre-Orders Live Now

"Next-Generation Experience" but no VR? Doesn't sound next-gen to me. How can you make an racing game in 2021 without VR support? :classic_blink:

11 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

Hmmm since I have recently got a vr headset I was really hoping to see something about this in f12021.

Went back to my 2020 my team after a week of vr racing and yeah its one of those its hard to go back to flat screen for me.

Exactly this. You can't go back to 2D when you've seen VR. F1 2021 is not a "Next-Generation Experience" without VR support.

Let's all hope that VR support will be announced(including proper WMR support...). But "Ray Tracing" is added? Why invest the development time in RT instead of VR? Disappointed.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Man y'all neeed to chill out.   We are getting a new F1 game.  You are throwing out questions nobody can obviously answer right now along with bashing the game before you have even picked it up.   It's going to be a good game.  Just chill.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1
8 hours ago, Krovven said:

@BarryBL  I'm very disappointed in this pricing strategy with F1 2021.  In Canada it's nowhere near as bad as some other countries where it's double or triple the price, but you are still charging more than the current exchange rate between US and Canada.  

Theoretically it would be cheaper for me to have a US friend gift it to me and I pay them.

Raising the price on the game when you admit to not even making minor changes to the tracks...not very business smart if you ask me.

I agree that the raising the price sucks. I can afford the raise, as a Canadian it isn't that much of a hike for me. It's so unfortunate that companies don't really take the exchange rate into account until it's egregious, so we generally spend more than our US neighbors.

I really feel for those who prices went up to like 4x higher, that's ridiculous

• Agree 1

Wow already 5 pages of post! 😅 So in case already been asked forgive me @BarryBL! Is there any news about telemetry and setup? About telemetry I mean if the data are shared as in the past games and if there are more data that are simulated and could be changed in the setup (i.e. dampers) also available in telemetry...thank you in advance! 

• Agree 2

nice to see, that you are working on the new Game.

The Storymode is fantastic and i hope that it is very good. Formula 1 has so much possibilities for a great story.

i hope your damagemodel will be much better than the last years

5 hours ago, Krovven said:

Because the US price is the exact same as last year and EA is an american company that has a history of ignoring regional pricing and exchange rates.

Codemasters isn't an American company though, so this change may reflect why the pricing is now better in the US than the rest of the world?

6 hours ago, GuusHugo said:

"Next-Generation Experience" but no VR? Doesn't sound next-gen to me. How can you make an racing game in 2021 without VR support? :classic_blink:

Exactly this. You can't go back to 2D when you've seen VR. F1 2021 is not a "Next-Generation Experience" without VR support.

Let's all hope that VR support will be announced(including proper WMR support...). But "Ray Tracing" is added? Why invest the development time in RT instead of VR? Disappointed.

Lee mather said it was game engine related last year cause of the physics and all which to me is a kop out.

You obviously can race in 2D again but it feels very lackluster suddenly very limited after having that FOV freedom. I have a 34 inch ultrawide using the FOV calculators before I thought it was limited but the input was good now it feels so enclosed.

They have no said its not its not in the game but I would have thought it would have been in the reveal if we were getting it.

18 hours ago, zampa said:

So from what I can tell the new tracks wont be in the game at launch, neither will 2021 F2 cars. Let's hope the delay isnt too long for them to reach the game.

With how long it took for them to nerf Ferrari last year this make take them a long time

20 minutes ago, Fragstar1991 said:

Im seriously hoping crossplay is in this game and im hoping Kinect is no longer needed to talk to jeff i actually think those ore 2 features i only want 😂

Crossplay I don’t think will be in the game but crossgen might be 

1 hour ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

Crossplay I don’t think will be in the game but crossgen might be 

I dont see why it shouldnt be i mean its 2021. Crossplay could be huge for competitive leagues! Or even if PC players could play with xbox players

• Agree 1

On an serious note i get why things are delayed (covid and late conformation of the new calendar) and will be released post launch but with the help from EA i expected everything except Yeddah would be done in time but @BarryBL can you maybe tell us how long the delay is going to be cuz because we hope it wont be that long as the new f2 package every year. Also i get why the game wants to improve career to attract players at every level and because in career as company you can really make good profit out of it. But the community isnt all about single player and even in f1 esports we saw in game bugs which is Just an shame for the game itself but Will we as league racers finally get an good and stable online mode cuz i have an feeling the focus is a bit too much on single player. We want to enjoy the game as much as the players that dont play online and not getting screwed by in game bugs in league races when you really spended time to practice for those. Losing the league racing community would be an big loss for the game.

is there a place where you can give suggestions to the developers? I looked under the EA website to see if there was a forum. But I couldn't find anything. 

-I just hope they add the setting where you can talk to Jeff/team via your headset instead of pressing the button when playing the game on Xbox Series X. This should be doable since the headset receiver is connected directly to the Xbox via USB. 

-Be able to change visor colors on the helmets 

Edited by Cristopherm27
46 minutes ago, Cristopherm27 said:

is there a place where you can give suggestions to the developers? I looked under the EA website to see if there was a forum. But I couldn't find anything. 

There is a Suggestions section on this forum. Codemasters are still the developers, not EA.