Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Arrives July 16 | Pre-Orders Live Now

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know if F1 2021 will be able to remove the virtual steering wheel like in other racing simulations?
It's much nicer when you use a steering wheel to not have a second one on the screen.

@BarryBL Maybe you know about it?

Thanks

Edited by ArnaudVonG
  • Agree 2
On 4/19/2021 at 5:22 PM, CZPZ said:

Well your sales will drop significantly for sure. I am sorry but this is the truth 😐

Exactly, i always pre ordered the game but now im not even sure to buy the game, planning to buy it on şale though.

Edited by Sbinnotto07
8 hours ago, Sbinnotto07 said:

Exactly, i always pre ordered the game but now im not even sure to buy the game.

Just don't buy it bro. Higher price in many regions, no VR, and likely to have numerous bugs out the box. Much better alternatives out there, most notably Assetto Corsa. AC's(yes, the original one) PC community is continuing to grow and many are running their F1 leagues. PC version has so many F1 related mods it'll make your head spin. The VR support is exceptional and the game, now with Custom Shader's Patch, looks nothing short of STUNNING!

Don't give this EA company your hard earned dollars guys. Buy a much cheaper and better game...Assetto Corsa. You won't regret it.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
14 hours ago, ArnaudVonG said:

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know if F1 2021 will be able to remove the virtual steering wheel like in other racing simulations?
It's much nicer when you use a steering wheel to not have a second one on the screen.

@BarryBL Maybe you know about it?

Thanks

Go to the menu and turn off the steering animation  , buy a piece of sturdy mounting card for art work ,buy some carbon fibre effect wrap vinyl and stick it on the card using a hairdryer to warm it up while you stick it down . Cut the carbon look card to a size that will cover the on screen steering wheel and using whatever method that suits your needs fix it so that it covers the on screen wheel ..........then race.

EDIT: the reason why this has a thumbs down is because he doesn't know what it is like to eat 'Spam' or Frey Bentos pies out of a tin ....Snowflakes they have no idea of make do and mend.

Edited by Exasperated
  • Disagree 2
1 hour ago, isamu99 said:

Just don't buy it bro. Higher price in many regions, no VR, and likely to have numerous bugs out the box. Much better alternatives out there, most notably Assetto Corsa. AC's(yes, the original one) PC community is continuing to grow and many are running their F1 leagues. PC version has so many F1 related mods it'll make your head spin. The VR support is exceptional and the game, now with Custom Shader's Patch, looks nothing short of STUNNING!

Don't give this EA company your hard earned dollars guys. Buy a much cheaper and better game...Assetto Corsa. You won't regret it.

It's been nice ,,enjoy your exile.

• Agree 2
16 hours ago, Exasperated said:

Go to the menu and turn off the steering animation  , buy a piece of sturdy mounting card for art work ,buy some carbon fibre effect wrap vinyl and stick it on the card using a hairdryer to warm it up while you stick it down . Cut the carbon look card to a size that will cover the on screen steering wheel and using whatever method that suits your needs fix it so that it covers the on screen wheel ..........then race.

EDIT: the reason why this has a thumbs down is because he doesn't know what it is like to eat 'Spam' or Frey Bentos pies out of a tin ....Snowflakes they have no idea of make do and mend.

Very nice solution bcs of one game, applaud

21 hours ago, isamu99 said:

Couldn't agree more, no VR in 2021 is simply "not done". F1 2021 and up must have VR otherwise it's no buy. AC is way better at this moment, CM's F1 doesn't even come close.

34 minutes ago, GuusHugo said:

Couldn't agree more, no VR in 2021 is simply "not done". F1 2021 and up must have VR otherwise it's no buy. AC is way better at this moment, CM's F1 doesn't even come close.

I suspect that's a statement more applicable to PC than console?

Said this a year ago.....

On 4/15/2020 at 10:48 AM, moogleslam said:

Let me know if the following is included, and if it is, I'll buy it:

• Force cockpit view for multiplayer
  • VR support
  • The ability to practice in single player, in any car, with the Equal car setting enabled

Still saying it now...

F1 2020 was the first one I didn't buy because of the frustration of these things not being included.  F1 2021?

10 hours ago, Neomo said:

Very nice solution bcs of one game, applaud

Well I know its not ideal but I fought in two world wars and you just get used to making the best off things that you have available , my wife Winnie and myself had some lovely rich tea biscuits the other day that I made out of an old off cut of thin plywood that I had lying around in the garage, very nice they were too.

• Haha 1

Can vouch for assetto corsa its a fantastic game ffb is great the VR is great too very immersive.

Problem is with these mods is alot of us want a career type f1 be the driver.

Sadly racing without vr after racing on many other titles with it makes it feel much less like the driver.

If you really like f1 I advise you away from vr until f1 supports its ha

I wish someone would just say officially its not in the game so I can move on if theres still a slight chance of it being included my hopes are still clinging on

On 4/16/2021 at 12:23 PM, CactusEverdeen said:

Already pre ordered the deluxe edition, unfortunate for those where its been marked up 2 or 3 times in price, luckily thats not the case in New Zealand.

Yeah, no increase in price (from F1-2020 to F1-2021) in Australia either 👍

I'm really sorry to hear about other regions having to pay so much for F1-2021 😞

• Agree 2
On 4/19/2021 at 11:57 AM, Pawel567 said:

Hi  @BarryBL
Why worldwide F1 2021 game against F1 2020 has become more expensive from 20% to even 450% in Argentina?

Are these game prices final? Will they change before the release?

Why are you doing tax fraud? You are livin' in Poland and buy games in Argentina. That's bad, mate.

39 minutes ago, ZbanowanYY said:

Why are you doing tax fraud? You are livin' in Poland and buy games in Argentina. That's bad, mate.

Pawel didn't say he bought a version of the game sold in Argentina. I'm guessing that, like me, he's aware of price rises in places other than where he lives.

5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Pawel didn't say he bought a version of the game sold in Argentina. I'm guessing that, like me, he's aware of price rises in places other than where he lives.

I guess he buys from Argentina. Otherwise, he wouldn't be asking for this country

19 minutes ago, ZbanowanYY said:

I guess he buys from Argentina. Otherwise, he wouldn't be asking for this country

No, as I said, many of us are aware of the wider issue. I've never even been to Argentina but I still think the price rise there is an issue. There's a whole thread on this pricing issue if you haven't seen it.

• Agree 2
19 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

No, as I said, many of us are aware of the wider issue. I've never even been to Argentina but I still think the price rise there is an issue. There's a whole thread on this pricing issue if you haven't seen it.

In all of the countries the price goes up, so why did he asked about Argentina, hm? In Poland, the price has also increased a lot.

6 minutes ago, ZbanowanYY said:

In all of the countries the price goes up, so why did he asked about Argentina, hm? In Poland, the price has also increased a lot.

The post referred to a range of price rises, from 20% to 450%, with Argentina mentioned as possibly the most extreme example.

Although I will say the UK price rise is about 10%.

• Agree 2