Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Arrives July 16 | Pre-Orders Live Now

13 minutes ago, G_Pedro01 said:

There won't be crossplay to this game's edition, right?

Between generations of the same hardware - probably. Between different hardware like PC and Playstation - probably not. I don't believe there have been any definitive statements from Codemasters on this though.

• Agree 2
9 hours ago, ZbanowanYY said:

real drivers turn off DRS themselves.

So do people playing the game , press the button to open the rear wing then press it again and it closes look in your mirrors at the wing to see this happen while on a long straight like in Baku.

On 4/23/2021 at 7:33 PM, Ultra3142 said:

I don't believe F1 drivers do...

Explain a situation where you would want to close the DRS flap without braking.

Couple of years ago at Silverstone the start/finish straight was a DRS zone, but T1 was flat. Some drivers lost it right at the moment of turning in and ended up in the wall with DRS open. So especially in lower grip conditions they closed DRS manually just to make sure they survive the corner flatout without losing the rear. But you are right, it was just an exeption, not the rule.

• Like 3

@BarryBL
Any word on if there will be a beta for this years game like previous years? I know there’s probably a lot they want to hold back on to keep the momentum going up until release in terms of gameplay reveals, but with the game being on next gen for the first time I'm curious to see if there are plans to externally test the game to iron out any potential issues. Many thanks 

Really looking forward to this - particularly excited to be able to get back to Imola on Time Trial mode, which was always a bit of a favourite during my teens!  Great news that these can be featured after the challenges of 2020!

One thing that I've found a touch frustrating/disappointing during recent years is that some of the practice activities/challenges that feature in Career Mode are lacking in a standard Championship mode.  These are really valuable exercises for getting to know the circuit and your tyres, fuel, strategy, etc, and they'd be valuable in Championship mode (presumably the XP points gained could just be voided, or even added to the cross-mode total even if you can't reclaim them in Championship Mode...?).

To be honest, I don't feel I quite have the time to commit to the Career Mode.  Over the years I've spent most of my time lapping in Time Trial Mode, but I'd be quite content - over the course of a game year - to complete just one or two seasons (I like to play at 100%) in Championship Mode...I find it feels little half-baked (this is my feeling, rather than an objective criticism!) without some of the features that make Practice sessions fun in Career Mode through and I think I'd play the game an awful lot more if these were added in to this mode.

17 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

@BarryBL
Any word on if there will be a beta for this years game like previous years? I know there’s probably a lot they want to hold back on to keep the momentum going up until release in terms of gameplay reveals, but with the game being on next gen for the first time I'm curious to see if there are plans to externally test the game to iron out any potential issues. Many thanks 

Answer below

On 4/15/2021 at 5:10 PM, BarryBL said:

BETA for 2021 is unconfirmed at this time.

I think we will know all about it within 2 weeks

• Like 1

This may sound like a stupid question but what is the main VR headset for xbox? I don't see Microsoft releasing one anytime soon as they should. If xbox had a headset though a third party that is popular maybe codemasters might take the plunge and actually bring VR to an F1 game. Playstation already have VR covered as far as I know

On 4/20/2021 at 4:12 AM, isamu99 said:

Just don't buy it bro. Higher price in many regions, no VR, and likely to have numerous bugs out the box. Much better alternatives out there, most notably Assetto Corsa. AC's(yes, the original one) PC community is continuing to grow and many are running their F1 leagues. PC version has so many F1 related mods it'll make your head spin. The VR support is exceptional and the game, now with Custom Shader's Patch, looks nothing short of STUNNING!

Don't give this EA company your hard earned dollars guys. Buy a much cheaper and better game...Assetto Corsa. You won't regret it.

Yeah AC is amazing game and I play it but it isnt fun as much as f1 games for me. I pre ordered it in the past but I'm gonna wait for a sale to buy it now.

If Imola will be added post launch, how can you play career mode? It's the 2nd track of the 2021 calendar. Let's say you start career mode on launch day. What will happen after the Bahrain GP? Career mode will just pause? Will we have to wait weeks for the 2nd track to be added to be able to continue?

Montreal will be replaced by Istanbul this year. Does this mean that Codies will add a 4th track post launch? Jeddah, Portimao, Imola, Istanbul? Shouldn't  F1 2021 be launched when it's ready? Not with 4 missing tracks? I'd rather see the game launched in September with all tracks than in July with missing tracks.

25 minutes ago, drKotasz said:

Montreal will be replaced by Istanbul this year. Does this mean that Codies will add a 4th track post launch? Jeddah, Portimao, Imola, Istanbul? Shouldn't  F1 2021 be launched when it's ready? Not with 4 missing tracks? I'd rather see the game launched in September with all tracks than in July with missing tracks.

Everyone has the choice to buy the game whenever they feel it's in a state they feel it's worth the money.

1 hour ago, drKotasz said:

If Imola will be added post launch, how can you play career mode? It's the 2nd track of the 2021 calendar. Let's say you start career mode on launch day. What will happen after the Bahrain GP? Career mode will just pause? Will we have to wait weeks for the 2nd track to be added to be able to continue?

I think the following scenario will happen: In F1 2021 all the tracks will be from F1 2020 including China, Vietnam and Canada. There will also be short links. Imola, Portimao and Jeddah will appear via patch after the release. I don't think Istanbul has a lot of chances, just like all the routes that should later replace others

According to rumors in the social media, the talk was of 23 tracks + 5 short tracks + 2 additional tracks

32 minutes ago, ritti1987 said:

I think the following scenario will happen: In F1 2021 all the tracks will be from F1 2020 including China, Vietnam and Canada. There will also be short links. Imola, Portimao and Jeddah will appear via patch after the release. I don't think Istanbul has a lot of chances, just like all the routes that should later replace others

According to rumors in the social media, the talk was of 23 tracks + 5 short tracks + 2 additional tracks

I think it's very unlikely China and Vietnam will be in the game personally.

• Agree 2