Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Arrives July 16 | Pre-Orders Live Now

5 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I think it's very unlikely China and Vietnam will be in the game personally.

Agreed. Could be wrong but personally feeling that the game will feature the calendar as it was before Canada’s cancellation, but obviously shorter due to Imola, Portimao and Jeddah coming later down the line in a post-launch patch. Guess they could have a repeat of the calendar from last years game until the new tracks are ready but personally doubt it. 

• Agree 1

If they add Instanbul later I might end up buying the game on a big Steam sale discount by the end of the year. I love this track.

Taking into account that in my country even with a 50% sale the PC game would be more expensive than the launch prices of the previous versions, I would buy with 75% discount to play so late.

Annual sports games should not be expensive. In my country the minimum wage in dollars is 203 (per month, considering the current dollar exchange rate) and FIFA costs $ 55,3 every year, EA pricing is insane. F1 used to be $ 19, now it costs $ 46,1.

• Agree 1

Two questions:

Will the Deluxe version be available on Amazon?

What is the policy for upgrading to the PS5 version - after having purchased the PS4 version? (given the rarity of PS5s at the moment)

Thanks

Just now, dwin20 said:

Will the Deluxe version be available on Amazon?

I don't think so, given it's digital only.

Just now, dwin20 said:

What is the policy for upgrading to the PS5 version - after having purchased the PS4 version? (given the rarity of PS5s at the moment)

It will be a free upgrade, as stated in the launch details for F1 2021.

I share an Xbox with my son.

If I buy the deluxe edition- who gets the pitcoins and classic drivers in my team?

I done want to buy it twice...

@AlexanderPD I'm guessing from your picture that you ordered direct from the Playstation Store, and I think from your posts you own F1 2020? If so you could save yourself a bit of money by cancelling your pre-order and then once you have your refund pre-ordering using the link from within F1 2020. You'll get 10% off the deluxe version this way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 5/6/2021 at 12:43 AM, Ultra3142 said:

@AlexanderPD I'm guessing from your picture that you ordered direct from the Playstation Store, and I think from your posts you own F1 2020? If so you could save yourself a bit of money by cancelling your pre-order and then once you have your refund pre-ordering using the link from within F1 2020. You'll get 10% off the deluxe version this way.

But on ps5 you have only the ps4 edition idk if there is a free upgrade other ways i need to pay more for it.

28 minutes ago, AlexanderPD said:

As you can read at the top of the screenshot I posted: ps4 & ps5 😉

Yes, which is why I thought you hadn't paid the cheaper price, and was suggesting a way for you to save some money 🙂.

52 minutes ago, Croco48l said:

But on ps5 you have only the ps4 edition idk if there is a free upgrade other ways i need to pay more for it.

This is just a labelling issue on the Playstation Store. See this thread where BarryBL confirms this:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/76326-f1-2021-pre-order-discount/?tab=comments#comment-603710

• Like 1

Question:

Will F1 2021 also come to the Xbox Game Pass and/or EA Play on pc? (since EA now owns Codemasters and all) And if so: the deluxe version as well?

I'm also wondering when we will see at least one gameplay video. It's now a month from the announcement where you see pratically nothing. Last year they posted on 15th of April the announcement trailer (same of this year) and then on 6 may the first hot lap, a week later a gameplay trailer, another week later another hot lap. We are at 15 May still not a single gameplay frame.. how can I preorder at 70 euros something i didn't even seen?

53 minutes ago, Stipsy1107 said:

how can I preorder at 70 euros something i didn't even seen?

Don't then. I wouldn't. It makes zero difference if you pre-order a digital game now or wait till July. 

• Agree 2
10 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Don't then. I wouldn't. It makes zero difference if you pre-order a digital game now or wait till July. 

I don't usually preorder games, i know there's zero difference, the plus to buy a game when it release it's that some store goes with a "launch discount" so you save money, my question was part of a general thought on why you announce a game and disappear for an entire month giving practically no more news, literally nothing. It would be good to promote and in that way increase preorder waving on the excitement. 

3 minutes ago, Stipsy1107 said:

I don't usually preorder games, i know there's zero difference, the plus to buy a game when it release it's that some store goes with a "launch discount" so you save money, my question was part of a general thought on why you announce a game and disappear for an entire month giving practically no more news, literally nothing. It would be good to promote and in that way increase preorder waving on the excitement. 

I didn't say don't pre-order as there are incentives to do so. What I said was it makes no difference whether you pre-order now or pre-order in July.

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Stipsy1107 said:

Little off topic:
Cyberpunk 2077 was announced in 2013, release date was 2020. What's your point? Announcement doesn't mean that the devs have to release a gameplay video on weekly basis.

Oh, and as a marketing strategy you could argue that not releasing more content is building interest/anticipation in its own way, and ensures attention when more is finally released.

3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I didn't say don't pre-order as there are incentives to do so. What I said was it makes no difference whether you pre-order now or pre-order in July.

So i wasn't talking about preordering or not, it was not my focus topic, my focus topic was "i don't see the point in announcing something and disappearing, showing nothing at all to the fans".

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

Oh, and as a marketing strategy you could argue that not releasing more content is building interest/anticipation in its own way, and ensures attention when more is finally released.

Or building irritation. It's a risky strategy, very efficent if the content you release it's stupendous, very uneffective and with bad results if the content you are posting it's not at least at the level of expectations.

4 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

Little off topic:
Cyberpunk 2077 was announced in 2013, release date was 2020. What's your point? Announcement doesn't mean that the devs have to release a gameplay video on weekly basis.

Cyberpunk was created and promoted by morons who doesn't have the meaning of "timeline", also if you see the technical results of the game, i would not take that "game" as an example. 
By the way, i didn't say there is a written rule, my "point" is that as i see from 2 years to now the announcement strategy has been in a certain way, a good way, showing people the work in progress and giving fans little previews of the game (good also to have some little feedback based on what we can see) and i don't see the point in announcing something and don't showing nothing in 1 month from the announcement and 2 from release (and the games the more of the time go on gold phase in about a month or three weeks from release). I don't see the point in it, seeing also the strategy codemasters has used in these years. I want to highlight that i'm very calm making these statements, i feel like you are taking my points as rants against codemasters, I'm only a little disoriented.

No worries mate. It is just probably me that there was absolutely no influence on me regarding my pre-ordering decision whether I saw a gameplay for F1 2019 or F1 2020. I bought it and that was it. I knew what to expect from these games in the past years.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

No worries mate. It is just probably me that there was absolutely no influence on me regarding my pre-ordering decision whether I saw a gameplay for F1 2019 or F1 2020. I bought it and that was it. I knew what to expect from these games in the past years.

I think that's a fair point and I bet many feel the same. I wonder what in any additional pre-launch videos may sway anyone one way or the other in terms of buying the game?

For me last year it was actually the views of prominent YouTubers playing the new game combined an Amazon deal that finally made me decide to order the game in early July.

• Agree 1