Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to check starting fuel load?

I see people mentioning about their race starting fuel load but i havent been able to find this in championship mode. Everytime im on the grid there's no option for fuel load. It just always defaults to +3. 

I am on ps4 running 50% races

Why would you want to start with less? You'd have to run lean for several laps to try and claw enough back to finish the race.

Matt1981 said:
Why would you want to start with less? You'd have to run lean for several laps to try and claw enough back to finish the race.
Having less fuel = a lighter, faster car. That's why they do it in real life.

My question was can it be done and how? I always find i have left over fuel at the end of the race and running rich mix really makes no difference on ps4.

I also dont see how you can check your set up before the race? How can we be sure our setup hasnt reverted to standard setup. 

I think if you turn Parc ferme off you can edit the setup on the grid to make sure. No good if you are playing pro season though I imagine 

You can load a saved setup but you cannot actually view it. I just dont trust loading a saved setup actually does anything. Also i assume at least a on ps4 there is no way to change starting fuel level

I am may be wrong, but I think in real life, they rarely start with less than the authorized 100kg of fuel. They mostly have to manage their consumption to not run out of gas.

This may be reason why the ai are faster than us in the race... Because the team overfuels our cars.. In most tracks running rich is only during the straights while on all other parts, just standard. Otherwise, running rich causes engine overheating. In  my 100% races I always finish the race with +5 laps of fuel.. I wish we could select the fuel strategy like in the previous games. Try to keep this thread alive so Codemasters can see it.

We must just take care that (at least on PS4) the fuel level showing in the status window is not right. You have to listen your engineer to know how much fuel it left.
With my driving, I am able to run some lap in rich mode (maybe 15% of the race, dont pay to much attention) and end the race with nearly no fuel. And I find it fine, it allow you to manage your race.

I find it annoying that I have to start out a race with a shortage of fuel. This means that I have to start all my races in Lean fuel mode, which mean it is impossible to make up places since the AI obviously starting in either Standard or Rich.

jarrod63 said:
I see people mentioning about their race starting fuel load but i havent been able to find this in championship mode. Everytime im on the grid there's no option for fuel load. It just always defaults to +3. 

What you are about to start the race.....you go into race strategy....and where you click when to make your pit stops.....it is at the bottom of that page....you just move the slider left / right to adjust the fuel

jarrod63 said:

What you are about to start the race.....you go into race strategy....and where you click when to make your pit stops.....it is at the bottom of that page....you just move the slider left / right to adjust the fuel
...Just by the way this thread was made 2-3 years ago...

I've always been able to change starting fuel. When you're on the grid, hit X/square, use down on the d-pad and left/right to under/over fill 

Never mind, old thread is old

Yeah, the thread's a bit old, but... meh.

I normally put in an extra lap's worth of fuel to be sure.  F1 2017 always seems to under-fuel no matter what I do in the practice sessions.

Senna755 said:

I normally put in an extra lap's worth of fuel to be sure.  F1 2017 always seems to under-fuel no matter what I do in the practice sessions.
The OP just asked where is it... not guidance about how much fuel he needs...

Senna755 said:
Are you a moderator?

No, I didn't think so.  So wind your neck in.
Well that was an angry response... I don't think I have to be a moderator to tell you a fact...
The thread was a question and it was answered in 2015. In that case no one should be here anymore. If someone would face the same problem, it would just be much better to make a new thread.

UP100 said:
Senna755 said:
Are you a moderator?

Well that was an angry response... I don't think I have to be a moderator to tell you a fact...
The thread was a question and it was answered in 2015. In that case no one should be here anymore. If someone would face the same problem, it would just be much better to make a new thread.
...then get forum cops like you chiming in with "this has been answered before - use the search feature".

Senna755 said:

@Senna755, it is not true that F1 2017 will under fuel during race day. If you happened to use very worn out I.C.E and TC during practice sessions, the game will over fuel during race day.

UP100 said:
Senna755 said:
Are you a moderator?

He's a pretty agitated member of this forum. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Ho3n3r said:
UP100 said:
Senna755 said:
Are you a moderator?

He's a pretty agitated member of this forum. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I'm agitated?  Have you SEEN this forum?  Everybody here is on the brink of a mental breakdown.  I'm one of the sane ones.

Senna755 said:

I put 1.5 laps more because I use auto transmission. Plus I could run on the car on rich mix at times when required. I rather drive a little heavy instead of going dry & not finishing the race!