Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Voice Control Unavailable [PC]

Posted (edited)

1. A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I am unable to use Voice Control

2. What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3. Game-mode? 

Any game-mode

4. Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 

Open the game and in the bottom left corner you would see "Voice Control Unavailable"

5. How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 

Every time i've launched the game since the 4th of April (According to Microsoft, that was the last time the game has accessed my mic)

6. Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the MSKinectLangPacks, the MSSPeech_SR_en-IN_TELE and the x64_SpeechPlatformRuntime. ive tried 2 different versions of the Microsoft Kinect software. ive reinstalled the game. ive updated my windows. ive varified the game files.

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 

Thrustmaster T300 Wheel

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 

VC.PNG

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Munduck
Uploading the DxDiag

On 4/15/2021 at 7:15 PM, Munduck said:

Im on the PC version of the game and I've tried everything I could find on this issue but none of them have worked for me.

Yes I uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

I tried both the Kinect drivers (right off the windows support site)

I tried repairing and reinstalling the x64_SpeechPlatformRuntime, MSSpeech_SR_en-IN_TELE, and the MSKinectLangPacks

Im just lost now.

VC.PNG

Please complete a bug report

https://forums.codemasters.com/announcement/38-want-to-report-an-issue-have-a-bug-to-report-please-look-here-first/

I was having trouble finding the format thank you for the link

• Like 1

What happens if you open another app that uses the microphone (you will see a microphone icon in your system tray, image far left) before launching the game?

image.png.ce1427f967f7fcb5b80ca0ba4c6e7ed6.png

I have the default mic for the game set to my headset mic while everything else uses my blu yeti

just do be sure i started the game without being in discord or anything using my mic and i got the same problem

12 hours ago, Munduck said:

I have the default mic for the game set to my headset mic while everything else uses my blu yeti

Can you test without the Yeti and set the headset mic to default in Windows and try again?

I just tried that and I still got the Voice control unavailable error

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Munduck said:

I just tried that and I still got the Voice control unavailable error

Please add a dxdiag to your bug report, thanks.

18 hours ago, Munduck said:

i think its one of the screenshots that i used

It's the 'Save All Information' .txt file that needs uploading. The screenshot does not give enough information.

5 hours ago, Munduck said:

there we go, its uploaded

Motherboard drivers and I don't think you have the actual audio drivers installed.....

Edit: ....although the onboard sound may not be enabled (the High Definition Audio Device is the GPU audio?)

SteelSeries Engine 

Don't forget to select a default sound source in Windows.

i updated my mobo drivers fairly recently and installed the audio drivers but i still get the errors 

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2021 at 7:22 PM, Munduck said:

i updated my mobo drivers fairly recently and installed the audio drivers but i still get the errors 

Did you try to select the default sound sources? It's really a process of elimination (or reintroduction). Try get the game going with the onboard audio and the yeti mic. 

If you have no joy, disable them as sources and use the Steelseries only.

Good luck!