Jump to content Jump to content

So I'm really excited for the release of the new game, BUT F1 2021 is more expensive this year in steam than last year at 70 USD in Mexico, just to put it on perspective, last year price was 20% relative to the minimum wage, but this year is at 50% and even more expensive than in the US. Now, my question is ***?! Why is it even more expensive than in the US?! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Out of interest, is this the weekly or monthly minimum wage?

Monthly.... new pricing makes no sense for the developing world, I guess they have run the numbers at EA and the price increase might mean same revenue with fewer players. Classic EA... 

Edited by fosva
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, fosva said:

Monthly.... new pricing makes no sense for the developing world, I guess they have run the numbers at EA and the price increase might mean same revenue with fewer players. Classic EA... 

It's a shame that the price is hiked up so high, unfortunately this is the sort of tactic that promotes piracy or manipulation. I can understand the need to raise game prices as a whole, but not for just one region or market. It might just work out best to have a friend in the states gift you a copy or wait for a sale.

Edited by Tanshin