Jump to content Jump to content

Weak force feedback on G29 on PC after switching PC

I recently got a completely new PC and downloaded the game again just for the force feedback to be really weak. I used to play F1 2020 on my old PC with the same G29 and I had no issues, but with the new PC the FFB are the same, and it's just really weak.

Anyone know what to do? 

On 4/16/2021 at 5:30 PM, Teddy2840 said:

I recently got a completely new PC and downloaded the game again just for the force feedback to be really weak. I used to play F1 2020 on my old PC with the same G29 and I had no issues, but with the new PC the FFB are the same, and it's just really weak.

Anyone know what to do? 

Please post a bug report

https://forums.codemasters.com/announcement/38-want-to-report-an-issue-have-a-bug-to-report-please-look-here-first/

• 2 weeks later...

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here :

I recently downloaded F1 2020 on my new PC, and my logitech g29 wheel's force feedback was really weak compared to when I played the same game on my old PC. It also has an issue where it will begin juddering on the straights of just online lobbies, meaning I have turned the on track effects down (which has fixed the issue but now I have no feel for the track in the wheel), which was something I didn't need to do on my PC's install of the game with exactly the same wheel.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode?

All modes.

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 

I can find the juddering issue by going onto any online lobby, waiting a lap or so while having on track effects at around 25-30, and it will judder uncontrollably.

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 

The weak force feedback would be a persistent issue in all game modes, but the juddering of the force feedback would only happen on the straights on online lobbies strangely.

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the firmware and drivers for the G29 through control panel, and uninstalling and reinstalling logitech GHUB at the same time. I have reinstalled the game, I have tried making a duplicate of the control configuration and done it again without duplicating but copying all the settings over manually. I have tried deleting the hardware settings xml file in the games (non-steam) local files. I have also tried non-software problems like making sure the wheel is plugged into the right generation of USB port, making sure all the connections are in correct and power supply to the wheel is optimal.

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 

I use a G29 which I have used on my old PC and new PC (current).

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

No, it is a force feedback issue so I can't capture the issue in game.

Archived