Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

F1 2021 two Player career

Here is the Quote:

"Two-Player Career 

We’re also excited to reveal a feature you’ve requested for a long time – the ability to play career with your friends, either co-operatively or competitively. As each player will have complete control over the assists, you’ll be able to enjoy the game whether you’re a veteran or a newcomer to the series. "

In Text there is written about the ability to Play career with your friends (more than two). But the Topic is written "Two Player Career". So how do you think how is that meant? And what means career? Developing a car together? And will it be possible to have a career with just another friend but with the option to let other friends drive with us like in a league?

What do you think/know? 

18 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

Here is the Quote:

"Two-Player Career 

We’re also excited to reveal a feature you’ve requested for a long time – the ability to play career with your friends, either co-operatively or competitively. As each player will have complete control over the assists, you’ll be able to enjoy the game whether you’re a veteran or a newcomer to the series. "

In Text there is written about the ability to Play career with your friends (more than two). But the Topic is written "Two Player Career". So how do you think how is that meant? And what means career? Developing a car together? And will it be possible to have a career with just another friend but with the option to let other friends drive with us like in a league?

What do you think/know? 

I think its meant as friends where you can do Co op careers which are different so 1 career mode with 1 friend and career 2 with a 2nd friend. 

It is the same with every single press text from Codemasters, none of those are precise or clear what exactly is being described. This can only be fully intentional, i cannot fathom press people working for a company this size / importance of press department for gaming industry unintentionally work this way (not to write work as sloppy). With "myteam mode" included in 2021 once again, it would be interesting to learn if you can run your "myteam" with a friend as your 2nd driver (not the AI only). If it was, that would be awesome, I asked for that in the thread where @BarryBL seemed to answer questions concerning the press release, but i did not manage to get an answer. From my POV this means he does not (yet) know. Mind you, they now fixed a release date, which they obviously have to concerning their legal situation, but they still released a vague / incomplete feature list along this, let alone that they will deliver tracks "later". It might well be they have to decided about / cut other features to make their release date, who knows.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I think it's fairly clear what 'two player' means personally...

I can understand your reaction. My question is more or less, that I am asking myself, if we will be able to let other Players join races, even when Player 3 and 4 are not able to develop the car. And that brings me to the other question I asked. 

11 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

I can understand your reaction. My question is more or less, that I am asking myself, if we will be able to let other Players join races, even when Player 3 and 4 are not able to develop the car. And that brings me to the other question I asked. 

Since you asked for what people think I'll say I'd bet quite a lot that the answer is no. There is certainly nothing in the info. released to suggest otherwise as far as I can see.

This feature is something I'm really looking forward to... waiting eagerly for details.
Some questions I'm wondering about:
- can this be played on LAN
- how are the different sessions synchronized / selected / skipped? Is it possible to skip FPx, time accelerate Qx, pause race, how are the development / contract / sponshorship etc inter-race events done?
- where is the ongoing career saved at and how the players can access and join it?
I understood something like this was done in F1 2014 but I didn't have that one..

Waiting for more information before bying a 2nd PC and wheel just to have this opportunity with friends in home LAN party 🙂