Jump to content Jump to content

f1 2021 - New Feature Reveals

Hi All

Question for @BarryBLmainly I guess, as we get closer to the release date will we get more new feature reveals? Thinking mainly of the driver and My Team Career modes. I am hoping they have been enhanced as well as the new story line mode being added. I was playing an F1 2019 career mode last week to test it out, I never owned the game at the time so wanted to check out the F2 start and Dev Butler etc. There seems to be a lot more in the F1 2019 driver career than F1 2020, reputation per team etc. Made picking your first team a little more realistic though of course you wouldn't have your pick in real life.

I was hoping the F1 2021 Driver career would have more realistic options, teams approaching you depending on performance and the top teams should have year long or multi year contracts for their drivers. 

• Agree 1

Yes. As it’s very early on, they won’t reveal a lot. We will see more coming soon especially around braking point which I believe is the main selling point seeing as it has been “years in the making”

14 minutes ago, cpayne32 said:

has been “years in the making”

That is press speech. Lets be the judge when they show us more. 2-3 months ahead of a release it should at least be possible to show some in game footage. If you have anthing to show, that is.

7 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

That is press speech. Lets be the judge when they show us more. 2-3 months ahead of a release it should at least be possible to show some in game footage. If you have anthing to show, that is.

They may already have things ready but are saving it for certain upcoming press releases. As it was an announcement trailer there wasn’t much expectation but from the information given, they revealed more than enough. 

2 hours ago, Schneehase said:

My understanding is that each game has a 2-year development program. So in some sense F1 2021 is an evolution of F1 2019 rather than F1 2020, in part evidenced by the Devon Bulter related story mode element I think. 

• Agree 3