Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Bug Report: dualshock4 does not turn to the left at random.

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL

At random moments, the car might not turn to the left, and it seems to me that it only occurs at low speed corners and/or at lower acceleration (centrifuge force) when tackling said low speed corners. It almost never happens to right turns, although it did happen to me once in all of these years;

Platform: PS4;

Game: F1 2020, fully patched, but here's why this bug report is also important for F1 2021: this bug happens in ALL of your games, no matter the game engine or the platform, so please, pass it along the F1 2021 devteam;

Game mode: any;

Can you force the problem to happen? R: no, it's random. It might not happen or happen multiple times during any session of any type;

I can't troubleshoot it, as I think it's tied to the centrifuge inertia. It might be a coding issue. As a former real life racer, I don't think it's me either;

Dualshock4;

Video? Yes. Bear in mind, the stick was completely tilted to the left in all of these scenes. Slowing the car even further while waiting for the bug to cease should also be apparent in some scenes, but even then, you just can't make the corner:

https://youtu.be/Y_ZgrxzHHQk

Edited by SnowbellKitty

7 hours ago, SnowbellKitty said:

@BarryBL

At random moments, the car might not turn to the left, and it seems to me that it only occurs at low speed corners and/or at lower acceleration (centrifuge force) when tackling said low speed corners. It almost never happens to right turns, although it did happen to me once in all of these years;

Platform: PS4;

Game: F1 2020, fully patched, but here's why this bug report is also important for F1 2021: this bug happens in ALL of your games, no matter the game engine or the platform, so please, pass it along the F1 2021 devteam;

Game mode: any;

Can you force the problem to happen? R: no, it's random. It might not happen or happen multiple times during any session of any type;

I can't troubleshoot it, as I think it's tied to the centrifuge inertia. It might be a coding issue. As a former real life racer, I don't think it's me either;

Dualshock4;

Video? Yes. Bear in mind, the stick was completely tilted to the left in all of these scenes. Slowing the car even further while waiting for the bug to cease should also be apparent in some scenes, but even then, you just can't make the corner:

https://youtu.be/Y_ZgrxzHHQk

If it happens in all the games, the issue is the controller not the games. 

Please perform a soft reset.

PS4: DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller troubleshooting (playstation.com)

10 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

If it happens in all the games, the issue is the controller not the games. 

Please perform a soft reset.

PS4: DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller troubleshooting (playstation.com)

I already did that ages ago, otherwise I wouldn't be here reporting anything.

And when I said any platform and any game engine, it also includes dualshock3/PS3. It's the game. Ten years of experience with the series makes me sure of it. Took me this long to report, so please take it seriously for 2021 and future releases. @BarryBL

• Disagree 1