Jump to content Jump to content

New Miami Track

So what are everyone’s opinion on the new Miami track for the 2022 season. Personally, I’m not much of a fan from the layout but until we see the cars driving around I can’t be certain 

C3937622-D4BD-408E-A1BD-81A009E54543.jpeg

Isnt it amazing how fast modders are at this? Shame our F1 2020 game is not as much modable as other games are. I kind of like the layout, though it is yet to be seen how well this might integrate into the area given, being a street circuit. If you are looking to critique it, you might say it tries to be a bit of everthing, as many corners seem to remind of tracks already in existance. Then again, the "unique" tracks we all know as classics did take a lot of time to age...

Edit: At 2nd glance, the DRS zone on the longest straight is just before the final turns into the start/finish straight, that might result in some interesting tactical racing during the final laps if things are close enough.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 1
8 hours ago, cpayne32 said:

So what are everyone’s opinion on the new Miami track for the 2022 season. Personally, I’m not much of a fan from the layout but until we see the cars driving around I can’t be certain 

C3937622-D4BD-408E-A1BD-81A009E54543.jpeg

Anything that will replace Baku or Singapore is welcome

• Disagree 1
3 minutes ago, Sbinnotto07 said:

I wonder if they will add it to game in 2021.

The track has been announced for the 2022 season so we won’t see it in this years game as it’s not part of the calendar

Speaking for myself, it reminds me of Abu Dhabi, and that's not a good thing. I'm really not keen on these modern street circuits, personally. If I had my way, there'd be more classic-style road course circuits with sweeps and dips. I'd also take out the fiddly bits from Silverstone and put it back to the classic 1970s layout.

Edited by s00zster
5 hours ago, Shark2Racing said:

Anything that will replace Baku or Singapore is welcome

I say , steady on old chap ......those are my two fave tracks and I like a dash around Abu as well , but then again you can't beat Spa Franci chomps or Imola

A mixture of track types for variety is probably a good thing . If a person  hates a track its probably because they are not very good on it , my personal hater is Paul Ricard , which is why I spend a lot of time there getting it under control . The problem with realism is it is like it is in real life. Not always what you like.

Still ; whatever track you are driving on at least you are sat in the cockpit and that is a good thing in itself . Enjoy your racing.

F1 needs to go to some of the Moto gp circuits and get away from these street circuits especially with these modern cars  that struggle to follow.  Personally I would prefer tracks like mugello, missiano, le man gp layout, Phillip island . Part of the reason I switched from f1 to the Moto gp game way better tracks , more varied, closer racing but with the expectations of spa and Monza and suzuka  I wouldn't miss any of the other's especially all the street track's . Singapore is a good challenge to time trail on but producers rubbish racing irl and in the games .... 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Naxlr said:

F1 needs to go to some of the Moto gp circuits and get away from these street circuits especially with these modern cars  that struggle to follow.  Personally I would prefer tracks like mugello, missiano, le man gp layout, Phillip island . Part of the reason I switched from f1 to the Moto gp game way better tracks , more varied, closer racing but with the expectations of spa and Monza and suzuka  I wouldn't miss any of the other's especially all the street track's . Singapore is a good challenge to time trail on but producers rubbish racing irl and in the games .... 

F1 likes street circuits because they bring the race to the people not the other way around . Money. People seem to be accepting of Monaco in F1 and that is a Go Kart type track ......and the reason is Money.

I play a lot of Moto GP and Isle of Man TT ride on the edge in 1st person and agree that the tracks are great and the challenge of bikes in  the game is more rewarding than cars.

I kind of like it from the video.   Not sure how it will be for racing though.

I wish they actually had it go THROUGH the football stadium though.  I'm a Miami Dolphins fan and I could have sworn that stadium used to have openings at both ends which would have made it possible but with the recent renovations in the last 4 years or so maybe that's not possible.  Maybe I'm wrong and it never was! lol   Either way though I think it would have been kind of cool if they could have had the start/finish line right inside the stadium or at least have the track go through it.

I get the reason they want a GP in Miami though, both for Miami and for F1.  However I wish they'd stick to actual facilities built for racing rather than improvising tracks though parking lots and such like this.  At least then you get grassy runoff area's, gravel runoff areas, track limits elevation changes etc.

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 1
14 hours ago, Naxlr said:

11 hours ago, Exasperated said:

F1 likes street circuits because they bring the race to the people not the other way around . Money. People seem to be accepting of Monaco in F1 and that is a Go Kart type track ......and the reason is Money.

I play a lot of Moto GP and Isle of Man TT ride on the edge in 1st person and agree that the tracks are great and the challenge of bikes in  the game is more rewarding than cars.

How are the MotoGP games, and what are you expecting from MotoGP 21? I understand the new game releases on the 22nd. I just saw some gameplay videos of the MotoGP 21 preview builds, and it looks really nice. Are the games a simulation, or more of a simcade like the F1 games? Is MotoGP 21 supposed to be a big step up in terms of gameplay?

Edited by HDR10

It can be tailored to your liking as the f1 game can you know play with the assists on ie racing line, full traction ,flashback but if you play it properly without any of them silly assists barring a bit of traction as you progress to the faster bikes then it a serious challenge but very rewarding when you get the hang of it.  The races are very intense as you can fall any second and the ai also crash and take different lines in corners not on rails like f1 ai . In terms of 21 I'd wait a few weeks for few patches like any games they never ready day 1 but definitely a game to pick up. Loads of classes of bikes , great tracks , requires different driving style from f1 game. definitely more challenging but much more fun and more replayability due to dynamic ai loads of overtaking , crashing,etc . I'll definitely pick it up but not straight away let them iron out the silly bug's first .....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Naxlr said:

It can be tailored to your liking as the f1 game can you know play with the assists on ie racing line, full traction ,flashback but if you play it properly without any of them silly assists barring a bit of traction as you progress to the faster bikes then it a serious challenge but very rewarding when you get the hang of it.  The races are very intense as you can fall any second and the ai also crash and take different lines in corners not on rails like f1 ai . In terms of 21 I'd wait a few weeks for few patches like any games they never ready day 1 but definitely a game to pick up. Loads of classes of bikes , great tracks , requires different driving style from f1 game. definitely more challenging but much more fun and more replayability due to dynamic ai loads of overtaking , crashing,etc . I'll definitely pick it up but not straight away let them iron out the silly bug's first .....

The tracks are definitely what got my interest. There's several of them I'd love to see in F1 (in some cases, like Jerez and Malaysia, it would be a return.) 

What are the mods on PC like?

Edited by HDR10
2 hours ago, HDR10 said:

The tracks are definitely what got my interest. There's several of them I'd love to see in F1 (in some cases, like Jerez and Malaysia, it would be a return.) 

What are the mods on PC like?

If you ride bikes then don't expect the games feedback to give the feel of riding one, but you do get a good deal of feeling some how through the controller via the vibration motors but you must have all the assists off or it feels quite numb, as said the racing is absolutely fantastic when you can control the bike properly so that you can manage to stay on long enough to notice, If you do decide to have a try then I recommend separating the body positioning and steering between the two thumb sticks on a controller or it can be hard to handle with them combined ,  Braking in game is the main problem as you do not get much feedback of course but when you get used to things its more about coasting and dropping down through the gears that controls the speed going into a corner. I would also highly recommend the use of helmet camera in bike racing games as chase cam in bike games does not make controlling it easier it judst feels weird as the bikes just look like a cardboard cut out floating around. Basically its brilliant but takes a lot of practise before you get the feel for it in order that you can race hard. Its definitely worth the effort.

In terms of game play the setups for the bikes are on a par with F1 its not a hard core simulation just simplified but the setups do make a  big difference to the handling , you have tyre compounds etc , there's also the novelty of racing Electric motored bikes as well which is a strange feeling. The tracks are just great as already mentioned my favourites are Jerez , Aragón and Mugello but the Moto GP tracks are all very nice to ride.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Exasperated said:

If you ride bikes then don't expect the games feedback to give the feel of riding one, but you do get a good deal of feeling some how through the controller via the vibration motors but you must have all the assists off or it feels quite numb, as said the racing is absolutely fantastic when you can control the bike properly so that you can manage to stay on long enough to notice, If you do decide to have a try then I recommend separating the body positioning and steering between the two thumb sticks on a controller or it can be hard to handle with them combined ,  Braking in game is the main problem as you do not get much feedback of course but when you get used to things its more about coasting and dropping down through the gears that controls the speed going into a corner. I would also highly recommend the use of helmet camera in bike racing games as chase cam in bike games does not make controlling it easier it judst feels weird as the bikes just look like a cardboard cut out floating around. Basically its brilliant but takes a lot of practise before you get the feel for it in order that you can race hard. Its definitely worth the effort.

In terms of game play the setups for the bikes are on a par with F1 its not a hard core simulation just simplified but the setups do make a  big difference to the handling , you have tyre compounds etc , there's also the novelty of racing Electric motored bikes as well which is a strange feeling. The tracks are just great as already mentioned my favourites are Jerez , Aragón and Mugello but the Moto GP tracks are all very nice to ride.

Nice, thanks for the info.

Is there a Championship mode? Or does it only have Career mode?

14 hours ago, HDR10 said:

Nice, thanks for the info.

Is there a Championship mode? Or does it only have Career mode?

In Moto Gp19 for example if you want to start cheap then this is what you get:

Championship Modes: Moto GP , Moto2 , Moto3  , Redbull Rookies Cup ,  Moto E , Moto GP 4t., 500 2t

Grand Prix mode Whatever you want weekends.

ProvaTempo ( Time trial)

Career Modes: Standard & Pro. Red Bull Rookies , Moto3 , Moto2 , Moto GP. With R&D setups etc.

Historical Scenarios 500cc Heroes 93-2001 , Great rivalries 2001-2013 , Dawn of Moto GP 2002-2006 , The modern era 2006-2013.

Graphics editor Helmet design etc

Multiplayer

Just a last note that the gearing plays an important role in the setups ,  the higher the  ratios that you can handle the easier it is to keep up with the AI.

Enjoy. Regards

If you are finding 19 or 20 hard work then try Moto GP14 as it is more forgiving as a training tool to get into the bike thing.

Edited by Exasperated
  • Thanks 1