Jump to content Jump to content

Game didn’t provide visual indicators for warnings, and a time penalty

The game did not provide visual indication of warnings, and also the penalty for 3 track invalidations during the race. What’s odd is that after reconnecting during qualifying (after a disconnect), the game provided me with visual indication of my track disqualification, but during the race I didn’t get any visual indications. I was verbally told my Jeff that I had a 3s penalty, when I was under the premise I had 0 warnings. Checking the race director after the race, I had a warning on lap 12, 17, and then penalty on 25. Provided my stream for context as it’s easier to see than explain!

• Qualifying visual indication of invalidation - 09:32
  • Warning spot lap 12 (the only place I exceeded track limits) - 31:00
  • warning spot lap 17 (same place) - 37:38 
  • penalty lap 25 - 48:25

as you can see, no warnings or the penalty were shown on screen.  

• PS4
  • Most recent (apologies not at PS4)
  • Private Unranked
  • Wireless
  • The amount of players in your session? 18
  • Were you the host? No
  • Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see?
  • Believe it was just me with this issue. However, there were desync issues (cars driving backwards into the pits, cars spinning cars that weren’t on their screen for some)
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
  • I’ve not encountered before sadly. Thought I’d 
  • How do you make the problem happen?
  • I disconnected from the server I believe, and after a restart of the game and rejoin. 
  • MXSG-XDBT-DTBM-EAKJ
  • Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session? I did! https://m.twitch.tv/videos/992419604?desktop-redirect=true

This is a desync issue. Worst ever decision by Codemasters to allow rejoins into the online multiplayer. People don't then fix their connectivity and it causes issues for the entire lobby.

Bug reporting has increased due to it.