Jump to content Jump to content

I've bought all 6 previous F1 games with a Steelbook case, however, i cannot see a Steelbook version/edition for F1 2021. Am i the only fan of Steelbooks that is concerned of this trend ending?

I'd prefer to pay the extra to continue my collection being great on display.

I understand the purpose of extras included in a Digital version (to also entice the change), but there are gamers out there like me that prefer the disc and 'if available' a Steelbook case

Game.co.uk have included the steelbook with the F1 games, but i've been checking often yet not seeing it being added in either the Digital Deluxe Edition or the (standard) Deluxe Edition 😔

Unless added soon, then i'm afraid of missing out by pre-ordering the (standard) Deluxe Edition and it not being included.

Hopefully 'Nightfire1964' you are right 🙂

10 minutes ago, OBW said:

Game.co.uk have included the steelbook with the F1 games, but i've been checking often yet not seeing it being added in either the Digital Deluxe Edition or the (standard) Deluxe Edition 😔

Unless added soon, then i'm afraid of missing out by pre-ordering the (standard) Deluxe Edition and it not being included.

Hopefully 'Nightfire1964' you are right 🙂

oh god nothing was bad as i think it was the 2019 release when after a day or 2 from the game being out on pre order game put out that you couldn't get the steelbook from x date. this sounded reasonable due to stocks etc but not when the x date was before the actual steelbook was announced had to resort into pre ordering a store than gamble online as they couldn't gaurantee you would get it

I'm thinking that that Deluxe edition is going to be digital only this year, I've only ever seen it referred to as the Digital Deluxe Edition. No reason why there can't still be a steelbook bonus as a preorder of the physical game from the usual outlet though (GAME in the UK). If there is one, we won't see it until the box art is revealed. Last year I first saw the steelbook on the German Amazon site

I've pre-ordered 'F1 2021 Deluxe Edition' believing this to be the disc-based version, though i can also see/order 'F1 2021 Digital Deluxe Edition'.

The box art is shown on Game.co.uk for Xbox One/Series X/S, PS4 & PS5. Though the box art and price can change before release.

I'm currently awaiting a reply from Game.co.uk to know if they are planning to release a Steelbook

17 minutes ago, OBW said:

I've pre-ordered 'F1 2021 Deluxe Edition' believing this to be the disc-based version, though i can also see/order 'F1 2021 Digital Deluxe Edition'.

I'd check if you're counting on what you've ordered being a disc version if I were you.

I'll crash & burn if it isn't disc-based, as why state 'Digital' in the title but not in the Standard Deluxe Edition. I think Game UK will collect some angry customers if the Standard Edition isn't disc-based

1 minute ago, OBW said:

I'll crash & burn if it isn't disc-based, as why state 'Digital' in the title but not in the Standard Deluxe Edition. I think Game UK will collect some angry customers if the Standard Edition isn't disc-based

The standard game does have a disc version. It's the deluxe version I don't think there is.

The box art currently being shown is a placeholder so people can pre-order it before the real box art is revealed. And yes it does appear that the Deluxe version is digital only, but the standard version will be disc based. The Deluxe content will be available to buy separately as DLC after the release though 

1986650003_Screenshot_20210427-203135_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0517a694bcb0684c55c16813ec91c305.jpgI'll crash & burn if it isn't disc-based, as why state 'Digital' in the title but not in the Standard Deluxe Edition. I think Game UK will collect some angry customers if the Standard Edition isn't disc-based

I'm glad to know the Standard Deluxe Edition i pre-ordered through Game.co.uk is disc-based, but i'm not too happy that Game.co.uk have not displayed or may not release a Steelbook. Happy to know i can buy the missing dlc. Thanks chaps for your input. If i hear of the Steelbook becoming a thing for this seasons game, i'll update in post

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...