Jump to content Jump to content

Very strange bug with upshift on Logitech G29

netjens

Hi

So I have this weird error, suddenly the upshift button on the wheel just wont work, when I go to the menu, it works, but in the game...I tried everything, from manual to auto, and back..but nope..change profile..but nope... I had my Logitech HUB not really open, it was running but not active I think, when I click it, it came back... Anyone had this problem? This does not happend allt the time, I was driving a race worked fine, then next race..nope..just dead

8 hours ago, netjens said:

Hi

So I have this weird error, suddenly the upshift button on the wheel just wont work, when I go to the menu, it works, but in the game...I tried everything, from manual to auto, and back..but nope..change profile..but nope... I had my Logitech HUB not really open, it was running but not active I think, when I click it, it came back... Anyone had this problem? This does not happend allt the time, I was driving a race worked fine, then next race..nope..just dead

Please post a full bug report

https://forums.codemasters.com/announcement/38-want-to-report-an-issue-have-a-bug-to-report-please-look-here-first/

16 hours ago, netjens said:

Hi

that more like the wheel issue then the game it not a bug it's a mechanical fault. t150, TMX and g29 do the same thing and only last 1 year and 5 months if your lucky to get two. im having to get the st-xw wheelbase because of it, and if the wheel goes you can buy another one, or repair it. 

Edited by Tris543
  • Agree 1

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

No error codes
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

latest
3.       Game-mode? 

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 

no its random
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 

not always, not in a middle of a reace, after loading a new track, sometimes at the start
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 

I tried to download new drivers, tried google
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 

Logitech G29. As i stated before, it works in the menu, but suddenly the upshift dont work
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timest

not necessery, upshift dont work

Logitech wheels are quite reliable kit, but any assembled or manufactured item can suffer from assembly defects. Mechanical switches can fail prematurely as they have a stated MTBF (mean time before failure, usually measured in clicks). Also, dirt can work into the mechanisms causing intermittent issues.

Take a look on YT there are plenty of teardowns. Opening your wheel invalidates warranty if certain things are removed, so try your reseller as a first point of contact.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 8:26 PM, netjens said:

Hi 

Nope, as I said, it works fine in the game menu, just when you are driving upshift dont work suddenly. I tried to take out the usb and in again..then the game crashed, but after restart it worked. 

On 4/25/2021 at 7:25 AM, steviejay69 said:

Logitech wheels are quite reliable kit, but any assembled or manufactured item can suffer from assembly defects. Mechanical switches can fail prematurely as they have a stated MTBF (mean time before failure, usually measured in clicks). Also, dirt can work into the mechanisms causing intermittent issues.

Take a look on YT there are plenty of teardowns. Opening your wheel invalidates warranty if certain things are removed, so try your reseller as a first point of contact.

It as @steviejay69 ^ . about the warranty, it only as long you have the DoP (Day of Purchase) either by email or the receipt. if you dont have one, its no big deal, the dealership E.G. Currys or Argos. Will have a copy of your purchase(s) which you can call for a copy. 

Just make sure to have proof of ID, like;

• a debit card,
  • address to whom the purchaser lives,
  • and your name starting with Mr/Mrs/Mis/Miss with firstname, middlename and lastname.

Plus be nice to the person on the phone, having a argument actually doesn't get nowhere.

• Agree 1

• 4 months later...