Jump to content Jump to content

"Please wait" for ever

xmyynesd

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. Between games, "please wait" hangs there for ever with spinning animation.  Have to kill game and restart.  When alt-tabbing back to task manager I see that the DX12 sub process under the F1 2020 game  is showing the green UWP has suspended the process leaf.  This game should not be treated as a suspendable process.
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) .  Latest 1.17
3.       Game-mode? Any game.
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. No
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? Regularly - intermittently.
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. Yes
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) G923
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  No.

7 hours ago, xmyynesd said:

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. Between games, "please wait" hangs there for ever with spinning animation.  Have to kill game and restart.  When alt-tabbing back to task manager I see that the DX12 sub process under the F1 2020 game  is showing the green UWP has suspended the process leaf.  This game should not be treated as a suspendable process.
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) .  Latest 1.17
3.       Game-mode? Any game.
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. No
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? Regularly - intermittently.
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. Yes
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) G923
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  No.

Post a dxdiag including make and model of motherboard please. A screenshot or video would be even better. Replication is essential.

What troubleshooting have you tried?

Please provide a way for me to share the dxdiag non-publicly.  Seems though that I'm responsible for beta testing this.  Not going to happen mate!  You have enough info to troubleshoot this.  Unless I have the wrong place to submit bugs?

18 hours ago, xmyynesd said:

Please provide a way for me to share the dxdiag non-publicly.  Seems though that I'm responsible for beta testing this.  Not going to happen mate!  You have enough info to troubleshoot this.  Unless I have the wrong place to submit bugs?

Attaching the dxdiag to the public forum helps others to see it. The personal information (if you can call it that) is at the top of the file - simply edit out your machine name.

• Administrator

Hi @xmyynesd

• Providing your DXDiag is of critical importance to help us troubleshoot. Also, adding your Steam ID will allow us to check if any issues have been logged on our crash server. Feel free to tag me when you have done so, and I'll hide the post so the public cannot see this information (myself and @steviejay69 will still be able to)
  • Report codes for any sessions where they experiences problems. If game has hung and they can’t get the report code, boot up the game again, get the new report code and let us know it was the launch before this that went wrong. The code is 16 digits long and at the bottom left of the Game Options screen. This is valid for the entirety of your session.

Archived