Sign in to follow this  

Preloaded and ready to go...

So, it seems that the console version is coming out on the 24th in North America, and the 27th worldwide. But you will have to wait until the 27th for the PC version regardless of whether you're in North America or somewhere else in the world. I understand if they don't want to, or can't, have different release dates for different regions on steam, but up until this point I've been led to believe that i would get to play the game on the 24th. On steam it still just says "Available: June, 2014." But I just saw Loore post: "June 27th on steam, worldwide." in the community hub area in steam, in response to someone asking about the release date. Obviously the game is polished and ready for download if you can preload it on PS3. If they must have one release date on steam, why not let it be the 24th?

So, it seems that the console version is coming out on the 24th in North America, and the 27th worldwide. But you will have to wait until the 27th for the PC version regardless of whether you're in North America or somewhere else in the world. I understand if they don't want to, or can't, have different release dates for different regions on steam, but up until this point I've been led to believe that i would get to play the game on the 24th. On steam it still just says "Available: June, 2014." But I just saw Loore post: "June 27th on steam, worldwide." in the community hub area in steam, in response to someone asking about the release date. Obviously the game is polished and ready for download if you can preload it on PS3. If they must have one release date on steam, why not let it be the 24th?
because they want to treat everyone equally I think including those that have bought disc copies of the game like myself which takes longer to set up, as the discs have to be sent to the shops and then the shops have to send them to us customers that have ordered a disc copy.

What makes the least sense is the PSN Digi copy is the 24th in NA and 27th in EU, Even though steam is holding it back till the 27th for both, so this is a bit inconsistent.

The game is available to preload on PSN now, so why hold it back 3 days JUST for EU, and in Steams case, why hold everyone back 3 days?

They're advertising the 24th as the big release, when in reality, it isn't, its the 27th.

Not complaining, I'm sure theres reasons for it, but I certainly can't get my head round it.

Edit: Another thing to note is the PSN release date was advertised as the 23rd for over a week on PSN, so Sony are clearly fine with it. :/

LewisBCR6 said:
What makes the least sense is the PSN Digi copy is the 24th in NA and 27th in EU, Even though steam is holding it back till the 27th for both, so this is a bit inconsistent.

The game is available to preload on PSN now, so why hold it back 3 days JUST for EU, and in Steams case, why hold everyone back 3 days?

They're advertising the 24th as the big release, when in reality, it isn't, its the 27th.

Not complaining, I'm sure theres reasons for it, but I certainly can't get my head round it.

Edit: Another thing to note is the PSN release date was advertised as the 23rd for over a week on PSN, so Sony are clearly fine with it. :/
I assume with Steam all the systems run together can't talk about PSN as I've never used it as I run my PS3 offline

LewisBCR6 said:

I assume with Steam all the systems run together can't talk about PSN as I've never used it as I run my PS3 offline
Thats what I can't understand, If you run them together, Surely it would be fine to release it all on the 24th rather than the 27th? There will be a reason behind it though. I just don't know what xD

LewisBCR6 said:
LewisBCR6 said:

Thats what I can't understand, If you run them together, Surely it would be fine to release it all on the 24th rather than the 27th? There will be a reason behind it though. I just don't know what xD

I think sometimes you just have to accept the world works in complex and mysterious ways. Probably made more complex by the fact that there are several independent parties involved on each platform, and each party might take different amounts of time to deal with the issues.

One thing for example that I could see is that the bulk of the download has got to be in things like the textures/track graphics. Since these are unlikely to contain bugs these could be downloaded far in advance of the actual control software, that may actually be fairly light in terms of size and updated at the last minute because of this. A day one patch of say a few megs is far less annoying than a day one patch of 4 gb.

I am confident though that like most businesses cm want to bring their product to market as soon as possible. That has to be balanced against things like bug issues - there is no such thing as perfection in any piece of software. So my gut feeling is that they will want to get the product to us as fast as they realistically can, because it makes commercial sense to do so.

yeah it is available for pre-load but the problem I have with it is that I dont want to install the game in my default steam folder but on one of my ssd drives.
And it isn't possible to change folder destination with this pre-load. 
So have to wait till release day on the 27th to download it I am affraid.

Preloading doesn't limit install location at all, I'm preloading on my 2nd HD right now which is not my default location.

Loore said:
Pre-load on Steam should start tonight :)

Just pre-loaded the game. When will the texture pack be available?

HoiHman said:
Loore said:
Pre-load on Steam should start tonight :)

Just pre-loaded the game. When will the texture pack be available?
day 1 I believe so I wold say the 27th once the game's unlocked

Andi said:
Preloading doesn't limit install location at all, I'm preloading on my 2nd HD right now which is not my default location.
I didn't get any option to choose maybe I approach it the wrong way.
Gonna creat the new library infront then maybe I then get the option to choose.
I deffently sont have that option right now.  :)

Edit:
Nope that makes no difference
I dont get a option to choose the folder I want it in.  :(

Andi said:

Edit:
I didn't get an option either.

Then again, my main drive is my SSD so ... it's probably on there. Problem is, I've heard Grid 2 having issues on SSDs so I wanted to preload it on my HDD data disk ... oh well.

KazzyMac said:
Andi said:

Edit:

Then again, my main drive is my SSD so ... it's probably on there. Problem is, I've heard Grid 2 having issues on SSDs so I wanted to preload it on my HDD data disk ... oh well.
yeah mines an SSD too but Steam's installed on my HDD in my games partition

I play Autosport on an SSD (on multiple computers) and haven't experienced any issues at all :)

KazzyMac said:
Andi said:

Edit:

I had grid2 on ssd without having issues or they were so minor I didn't noticed it.  :)
And making my ssd the default one isn't an option I got to many games installed from steam.
Well it doesn't matter anyway.
I just boot up pc friday morning install the game when it is released and when I am done working for that day it will be ready anyway.
So not a big deal for me actually.
It will be downloaded in no time anyway got a good download speed so no worries there.   :D

Loore said:
I play Autosport on an SSD (on multiple computers) and haven't experienced any issues at all :)
that's good to know for those that want to install on one I usually use mine for my more demanding games though given AS is running on an old engine i'll probably keep it on the HDD