Jump to content Jump to content

Hello I have a question about Pre-ordering F1 2021 on a PS5. When you go to the PS5 store you can choose between 2 versions. The standard editon and the deluxe edition which are both PS5 versions of the game. But if you have F1 2020 you can get a discount on pre ordering the deluxe edition. But when your going to the PS5 store from the game tab to get the discount and you go to the description it says its the PS4 version. 

So my questions are: 

Will this make any difference?

Why is this only with the discount?

And will there be a free PS5 upgrade if you pre-order it now?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

What offer are you seeing out of interest? Looking on the UK Playstation Store I can't find any mention of what you're describing.

Going by the following link there will be a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 versions so I'd have thought you'd be OK buying whatever is cheaper for you:

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/f1/f1-2021/news/announcing-f1-2021

Ill add some pictures.

Its like a discount if you have bought the game the year before. You get I think 10% off if you pre-order the game via the tab in the game.

Thanks for the link I see its indeed a free upgrade.

But its still weird why they display it like this so I recommend EA / Codemasters to maybe change it for the future.

16189543520147433206156652588412.jpg

16189544919333247221974123216303.jpg

16189545151525846875945774798606.jpg

Edited by Ranger77Ice
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Ranger77Ice said:

Its like a discount if you have bought the game the year before. You get I think 10% off if you pre-order the game via the tab in the game.

Ah! I looked on the PlayStation Store not in the game :classic_smile:.

• Like 1

I just had a look in the game and whilst there is nothing at all to advertise the reduced price, if I select the in-game link to pre-order the game then I also see the same as you @Ranger77Ice: a 10% reduced price for the Deluxe Edition but also showing as a PS4 version. I expect this deal will be advertised properly at some point and it does make it a more appealing option at least to me.

• Agree 1

I have been asking about this of the @Formula1game and @Codemasters Twitter accounts for the last week and neither has replied.

Quite simply I just want confirmation either way that if I purchase the Deluxe version via the PS4 2021 in-game link, that I get the PS5 version with it. All listed PS5 versions on the PS5 PSN store state it includes the PS4 and PS5 versions but the listing via the in-game link only states PS4. There’s a 10% discount with the in-game purchase, so this would tempt me to buy the Deluxe Edition for £67.49 than pass on it at £74.99.

Further to that I’ve enquired whether use of the PS5 version invalidates use of the PS4 one. I have both consoles and whilst the PS5 gets my primary use, there are instances when I ended up using my PS4 in another room of the house.

I understand that the answer to both questions could be “no” or “we’ve still to decide” but for the love of god, how hard can it be for one of their CUSTOMER SERVICE accounts to reply?!

Anyhoo, I’ve just asked again and included EA in on it this time.

Edited by gedeye
20 minutes ago, gedeye said:

I have been asking about this of the @Formula1game and @Codemasters Twitter accounts for the last week and neither has replied.

Quite simply I just want confirmation either way that if I purchase the Deluxe version via the PS4 2021 in-game link, that I get the PS5 version with it. All listed PS5 versions on the PS5 PSN store state it includes the PS4 and PS5 versions but the listing via the in-game link only states PS4. There’s a 10% discount with the in-game purchase, so this would tempt me to buy the Deluxe Edition for £67.49 than pass on it at £74.99.

Further to that I’ve enquired whether use of the PS5 version invalidates use of the PS4 one. I have both consoles and whilst the PS5 gets my primary use, there are instances when I ended up using my PS4 in another room of the house.

I understand that the answer to both questions could be “no” or “we’ve still to decide” but for the love of god, how hard can it be for one of their CUSTOMER SERVICE accounts to reply?!

You could try the e-mail address or phone number here:

https://www.codemasters.com/contact-us/

(I suspect you're worrying about nothing and you'll have full flexibility with the version you can buy for 10% off but I've not seen anything to categorically confirm this for you.)

Edited by Ultra3142
29 minutes ago, gedeye said:

I have also messaged them on multiple platforms but I havent heird anything either. I also think its weird they havent done anything for this yet. Let me know if you get a reaction!

1 minute ago, Ranger77Ice said:

I have also messaged them on multiple platforms but I havent heird anything either. I also think its weird they havent done anything for this yet. Let me know if you get a reaction!

Codemasters/EA haven't actively promoted this offer at all yet so I slightly wonder if it's appearing sooner than intended on the Playstation Store? Just thinking it may get cleared up once it's a more official offer.

6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Codemasters/EA haven't actively promoted this offer at all yet so I slightly wonder if it's appearing sooner than intended on the Playstation Store? Just thinking it may get cleared up once it's a more official offer.

It is intended but they just havent promoted it yet (the 10% off). Because when you enter the ps5 store f1 2021 pre order is one of the first things that pops up. So it would be unfair if they started later on with the 10% off. But its weird they havent mentioned it yet in any posts/comments. 

2 minutes ago, Ranger77Ice said:

It is intended but they just havent promoted it yet (the 10% off). Because when you enter the ps5 store f1 2021 pre order is one of the first things that pops up. So it would be unfair if they started later on with the 10% off. But its weird they havent mentioned it yet in any posts/comments. 

Not quite sure what you mean there? I can't see it at all when browsing the Playstation Store. Only if I select the in-game option.  

You make a good point about people pre-ordering early missing out though, so actually with this in mind it's odd that Codemasters/EA haven't promoted this at all so far (unless I've missed something).

6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Not quite sure what you mean there? I can't see it at all when browsing the Playstation Store. Only if I select the in-game option.  

You make a good point about people pre-ordering early missing out though, so actually with this in mind it's odd that Codemasters/EA haven't promoted this at all so far (unless I've missed something).

There is a tab thats called pre orders or something. (Dont know the exact translation) and f1 2021 is in that list. (See picture) But its without the 10% off and they also dont mention you can get 10% off in that screen so its a bit unfair in that way.

16194645202001312633398127380945.jpg

Just now, Ranger77Ice said:

There is a tab thats called pre orders or something. (Dont know the exact translation) and f1 2021 is in that list. (See picture) But its without the 10% off and they also dont mention you can get 10% off in that screen so its a bit unfair in that way.

Ah, sorry, I misread your post there. I thought you were saying that the 10% off offer was being promoted on the Playstation store.

So @EAHelp got back to me. Their response was:

Hi Ged, the following link will explain to you how this dual entitlement will work if you scroll to the bottom of the screen - bit.ly/3no9Xre. Thanks again for reaching out and reach out if you have any further questions. Take care. -Jay

I then sent a Direct Message with a video of the pre-order process and the format listing difference between the two links. They got back to me with:

Hey there, you should be  able to receive the upgrade no problem, as it is stated here

https://www.ea.com/games/f1/f1-2021/news/announcing-f1-2021 Under the Next-Generation Experience that the upgrade will be available. I hope this helps! -Josh

I’m just going to go order ahead and pre-order with the in-game link. I want a digital version anyway as my son and I both play online together, so we’re especially looking forward to the 2-player career mode this time round. In the very unlikely event that the PS5 upgrade isn’t applicable, I’ll get back in touch with EA again.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, gedeye said:

So @EAHelp got back to me. Their response was:

I then sent a Direct Message with a video of the pre-order process and the format listing difference between the two links. They got back to me with:

I’m just going to go order ahead and pre-order with the in-game link. I want a digital version anyway as my son and I both play online together, so we’re especially looking forward to the 2-player career mode this time round. In the very unlikely event that the PS5 upgrade isn’t applicable, I’ll get back in touch with EA again.

Okay thank you for the information. Im also going to pre order it with the 10% off then.

I’m positive it won’t be an issue but it might be worth tweeting @EAhelp yourself so you’ve got a record of it if there is a problem but also because if they start getting multiple queries, it might lead to someone correcting the listing(s) too.

Just now, gedeye said:

I’m positive it won’t be an issue but it might be worth tweeting @EAhelp yourself so you’ve got a record of it if there is a problem but also because if they start getting multiple queries, it might lead to someone correcting the listing(s) too.

Yeah otherwise ill wait just a bit longer. Maybe when you have pre ordert it it changes how it is shown?? Could you maybe take a look for me if that happens? 

1 minute ago, Ranger77Ice said:

Yeah otherwise ill wait just a bit longer. Maybe when you have pre ordert it it changes how it is shown?? Could you maybe take a look for me if that happens? 

I mean that when you go to the ps5 store it is shown you have bought the deluxe edition so it automatically also has the ps5 version like it would be without the ingame link with 10% off?

Just now, gedeye said:

I’ve now pre-ordered it but in the Auto-Download Pre-Ordered Item page it only lists the PS4 version. No mention of the PS5 one. I’m going to contact EA again.

Ah okay. Let me know when you have more information!

3 minutes ago, Ranger77Ice said:

I mean that when you go to the ps5 store it is shown you have bought the deluxe edition so it automatically also has the ps5 version like it would be without the ingame link with 10% off?

All other editions of the game (PS4 & PS5) are now unavailable for me to purchase in the store.

1 minute ago, gedeye said:

All other editions of the game (PS4 & PS5) are now unavailable for me to purchase in the store.

Thats weird maybe it did register it then. But the question is why it isnt showing the ps5 version then. 

1 hour ago, Ranger77Ice said:

Thats weird maybe it did register it then. But the question is why it isnt showing the ps5 version then. 

I don’t know! Worryingly now EA say they don’t know and we can’t be sure either away until It’s released and I’ve downloaded it! They’ve again confirmed that I will get the PS5 version too but have in the meantime referred me to @AskPlayStation to look into it.

I’ll keep you updated.