Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 Pre-order discount.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, gedeye said:

only because it’s 10% off that I’m even interested at all!

Yes it's the only thing making me consider it too :classic_smile:. Last year I pre-ordered the standard version and didn't regret it.

This time the pitcoin difference might be more significant but we don't know. What I mean is if a podium pass VIP equivalent is in the new game then will the 5,000 Pitcoins from the cheaper preorder be enough to purchase access or not. It wouldn't be in this year's game.

Edited by Ultra3142

Okay, so Sony got back to me and said “we’ve had confirmation from the relevant team that this does include both PS4 and PS5 versions and I would advise you await for the full game to be released and let us know if you're able to download this on the 13th of July.”

Fingers crossed then. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, gedeye said:

Okay, so Sony got back to me and said “we’ve had confirmation from the relevant team that this does include both PS4 and PS5 versions and I would advise you await for the full game to be released and let us know if you're able to download this on the 13th of July.”

Fingers crossed then. 

Did they mention if they'll be updating the store page to include a PS5 logo too?

5 hours ago, gedeye said:

Fingers crossed then. 

Okay thanks for the information. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 4:09 PM, Ultra3142 said:

Did they mention if they'll be updating the store page to include a PS5 logo too?

No, no mention of that. Honestly I’m still not convinced that this version has been set up to include both. It’s disconcerting to see other dual format games like Resident Evil: Village and Sackboy etc have have a separate file for PS4 and PS5 for you to choose which to download and this in-game pre-order version not but not time will tell I guess.

23 minutes ago, gedeye said:

No, no mention of that. Honestly I’m still not convinced that this version has been set up to include both. It’s disconcerting to see other dual format games like Resident Evil: Village and Sackboy etc have have a separate file for PS4 and PS5 for you to choose which to download and this in-game pre-order version not but not time will tell I guess.

As long as there is a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 versions I'm not sure technically how there could be an issue? 

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

As long as there is a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 versions I'm not sure technically how there could be an issue? 

Its just weird it doesnt say the auto download of the ps5 version. Im even considering refunding it and try to pre-order the deluxe edition via the store itselff. Would be nice if someone from codemasters tries to fix this problem... 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ranger77Ice said:

Would be nice if someone from codemasters tries to fix this problem... 

Agreed. That's why I asked above if Sony had already said they'd fix this but sadly it appears not. I've also just checked and the link does still only say PS4.

Edited by Ultra3142
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Agreed. That's why I asked above if Sony had already said they'd fix this but sadly it appears not. I've also just checked and the link does still only say PS4.

Also this isnt something small. This topic has been viewed 2.7k times already.

Edited by Ranger77Ice
42 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

The technicality could be that the free upgrade, in fact any upgrade even, requires the PS4 version flagged as such or a check box ticked and I fear that it just hasn’t been set up correctly. There can only be a free upgrade if the entitlement is set up that way in the PSN store. 

In the other 2021 per-order thread someone posted a screenshot of their pre-order screen, so I have asked them what shows as being available for download for them. If they only have PS4 version listed for auto-download then it obviously works in some other manner and as that matches what we’ve got then there’s nothing to worry about. If on the other hand they reply back that they have two versions showing.... 😬

6 hours ago, gedeye said:

The technicality could be that the free upgrade, in fact any upgrade even, requires the PS4 version flagged as such or a check box ticked and I fear that it just hasn’t been set up correctly. There can only be a free upgrade if the entitlement is set up that way in the PSN store. 

I agree. Is there any way we can ask someone from codemaster this? So it then changes the problem from: has the pre order with 10% off the ps4 and ps5 version? Which we got the answer from that it does inculde the ps5 version. To the question why isnt it showing the auto download of the ps5 version?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, gedeye said:

But the concern here is that what people will get is the PS4 version and it is currently labelled as a PS4 version?

I'm not going to travel back through the threads but I also thought it has also been confirmed by both Sony and Codemasters that there isn't a practical issue, just one of what is displayed.

Edited by Ultra3142

With FIFA 21 EA dual entitlement worked with the download of the digital version of PS5 version (using the ps4 disc version if you want to play it). So i think is gonna be this way, in fact on the store it is flagged "PS4 & PS5". I'm interested too in 10% discount, i think that if you buy digital deluxe edition for ps4 then you will have the free download form ps5 version.

40 minutes ago, Stipsy1107 said:

So i think is gonna be this way, in fact on the store it is flagged "PS4 & PS5".

Just so you understand the discussion, the point is that it isn't labelled this way if the discounted deluxe version is purchased.

10 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

But the concern here is that what people will get is the PS4 version and it is currently labelled as a PS4 version?

I'm not going to travel back through the threads but I also thought it has also been confirmed by both Sony and Codemasters that there isn't a practical issue, just one of what is displayed.

But why cant we auto-download the ps5 version then. That shows its not only a fault in the display of it. 

Posted (edited)

20210519_195424.thumb.jpg.f6eb70a6e459dc0634d48877d9096f66.jpgScreenshot_20210519-195518_Chrome.jpg.9ffd77206232ada1c4442bb3e87bb3cf.jpg

19 minutes ago, Ranger77Ice said:

But why cant we auto-download the ps5 version then. That shows its not only a fault in the display of it. 

Can someone from codemaster react on this from this form????

I added a picture from another topic from a guy who pre ordert the deluxe edition via the playstation store. As you can see in the top left corner of both pictures there also has been displayed ps4 en ps5 for him and for me only the ps4 version.

@BarryBL????

Edited by Ranger77Ice
57 minutes ago, Ranger77Ice said:

What I said above what that I didn't see how this would lead to an issue if there is a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 versions, in that the worst case would seem to be that you download the PS4 version first but can then get the PS5 version once you've done so.

I'm not sure the photos really show us anything additional? They're just being consistent to what is shown on the purchase screens.

Hopefully Barry will respond and can try to get Playstation to sort out their store info. but I don't think there is clear evidence of a problem, and we do have the confirmation from Sony in one of these threads that there isn't one.

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

What I said above what that I didn't see how this would lead to an issue if there is a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 versions, in that the worst case would seem to be that you download the PS4 version first but can then get the PS5 version once you've done so.

I'm not sure the photos really show us anything additional? They're just being consistent to what is shown on the purchase screens.

Hopefully Barry will respond and can try to get Playstation to sort out their store info. but I don't think there is clear evidence of a problem, and we do have the confirmation from Sony in one of these threads that there isn't one.

In the pictures you can say that also when pre ordert it still says only ps4. Im just worried ill be stuck with the ps4 version when it comes out.

Also about sony what they said was it should contain it but they also asked if @gedeye could let them know if he could install it on release. Its a bit weird they ask that isnt it?

I just hope barry can fix this issue.

22 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Just so you understand the discussion, the point is that it isn't labelled this way if the discounted deluxe version is purchased.

I'm sorry I didn't understood right. I can't help on this because i had a physical version of fifa 21 and then they offered me on the ps store the ps5 version with free download (as the store recognised the disc in the ps5). I'm interested too in the discount so i hope @BarryBLcan help us if he can!

Okay I think it will be fine. Sure my ASD has meant that my need to know clearly how it’s going to work has left me anxious when they keep saying vaguely, it just will work but I’ve made peace with it now. Presumably we’ll install the PS4 version digitally, as we would with the disc version and only then will we be presented with an option for a PS5 download. I’m fine with that.

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

I've gone through the forum thread here, and just want to confirm I'm asking the right question to sales before I do it:

You want to check that the PS4 version includes the PS5 upgrade as free too (which it does), and for us to update the ambiguous platform information yes? @gedeye @Ultra3142 @Ranger77Ice

If this isn't the case, please let me know and I'll ask/inform the sales team 🙂 . Tag me in the response if poss please, as I'm getting a LOT of notifications at the moment

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I've gone through the forum thread here, and just want to confirm I'm asking the right question to sales before I do it:

You want to check that the PS4 version includes the PS5 upgrade as free too (which it does), and for us to update the ambiguous platform information yes? @gedeye @Ultra3142 @Ranger77Ice

If this isn't the case, please let me know and I'll ask/inform the sales team 🙂 . Tag me in the response if poss please, as I'm getting a LOT of notifications at the moment

Yes espacially when you buy it via the f1 2020 game with the 10% off. The question is why we cant auto donwload the ps5 version only the ps4 version. And also it isnt showing anything ps5 related. Like the pictures above. And when someone buys the pre order deluxe edition via the playstation store it does show ps5 en ps4. But not when you buy it via the 2020 game. 

Thanks for looking into it @BarryBL.

Edited by Ranger77Ice
7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I've checked too, if you go on the page of preorder throgh the link in the game (F1 2020 but also F1 2019 i see) you go to preorder a game that has the PS4 label only! But in the info it says that if we have the PS4 version we can have the PS5 version digitally without further cost

"If you already own the PS4™ version of this game, you can receive the digital PS5™ version at no additional cost and do not need to purchase this product. Owners of a physical version of the PS4™ game must insert that version into the PS5™ console whenever they want to download or play the digital version of the PS5™ game. Owners of the physical version of the PS4™ game who purchase the PS5™ Digital Edition console that does not include the disc drive will not be able to obtain the PS5™ version at no additional cost"

There is this message in the info, maybe we can refer to this