Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

F1 2021 Pre-order discount.

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Just to clarify, I've had a update here (we're always watching 😛 )

We've asked for some changes to the wording on the PlayStation store to hopefully make this clearer.

The wording now states that the product entitles you to download both the digital PS4 version and the digital PS5 version of the game and we are also working to update the wording on the in-game news item which is something that  has been mentioned here. There is no difference between buying the Deluxe edition through the store by searching for it and buying it through the in-game news item (except for the price of course on PlayStation) and you will get both versions and everything that the description states

Thanks!!

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

We've asked for some changes to the wording on the PlayStation store to hopefully make this clearer.

The wording now states that the product entitles you to download both the digital PS4 version and the digital PS5 version of the game and we are also working to update the wording on the in-game news item which is something that  has been mentioned here. There is no difference between buying the Deluxe edition through the store by searching for it and buying it through the in-game news item (except for the price of course on PlayStation) and you will get both versions and everything that the description states

Will also the auto download from playstation include the ps5 version now?

Also thanks for the infromation @BarryBL.

On 5/20/2021 at 1:53 PM, BarryBL said:

The wording now states that the product entitles you to download both the digital PS4 version and the digital PS5 version of the game and we are also working to update the wording on the in-game news item which is something that has been mentioned here. There is no difference between buying the Deluxe edition through the store by searching for it and buying it through the in-game news item (except for the price of course on PlayStation) and you will get both versions and everything that the description states

@BarryBL When will these changes be added? And wil the auto download also have the ps5 version after this because now it doesnt.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

The wording has already changed.

What?? Not for me. It still says i only have the ps4 version. Do you mean the description or what??

Edited by Ranger77Ice
1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

Read the actual text description. That's what Barry referred to.

Yeah I cant because I already bought it. And the store info already was right without the 10% off. And you cant view the description of the 10% off version when you already bought it. And for me there is still no ps5  added in the top screen like the store version and no auto download of the ps5 version.

2 hours ago, TonightDrink said:

As a rule, I don't buy preorders myself, but I didn't disappoint with you

I never would with new IP. As it happens the only games I've ever pre-ordered have been F1 games: 2015, 2020 and I have now pre-ordered the disc version of 2021.

7 minutes ago, Ranger77Ice said:

Yeah I cant because I already bought it. And the store info already was right without the 10% off. And you cant view the description of the 10% off version when you already bought it.

I wondered if that might be the case. Would you like me to post a photo of what it says now when I get chance?

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

I wondered if that might be the case. Would you like me to post a photo of what it says now when I get chance?

Yes if you can it would be nice. 

I will ask my question once more for @BarryBL.

- can you add the ps5 auto download to the 10% off game version. Because it still doesnt show it.

- And still the ps5 lettering isnt showing up in the countdown screen. But with people who pre ordert it via the store it does. (See previous photos). Can you also please fix this.

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

Here you go, with the line following the third bullet point being the important addition:

1.thumb.jpg.f103f94074c4e7169d3909b331ed1144.jpg

Okay I see thanks. But I hope barry can still answer my question about the auto download.

On 5/25/2021 at 6:50 PM, Ranger77Ice said:

- can you add the ps5 auto download to the 10% off game version. Because it still doesnt show it.

- And still the ps5 lettering isnt showing up in the countdown screen. But with people who pre ordert it via the store it does. (See previous photos). Can you also please fix this.

@BarryBL???

On 5/25/2021 at 6:50 PM, Ranger77Ice said:

@BarryBL Please react.

• 3 weeks later...

@BarryBL

When I pre-ordered it (at 86 days from release date), I got the Deluxe at 330 reais (BRL), but "PS5" was not in its title name, whereas the Deluxe Ed. without the discount which is at 370 reais (BRL) states PS5 version included. So I guess the discount equals to no PS5 upgrade. Also, the only way I was able to find the discounted version was at the "Just for you..." section of the PS Store. Any other sections of the Store, including the search engine, will only show the most expensive version.

(As Barry may be too busy to reply soon.)

5 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

When I pre-ordered it (at 86 days from release date), I got the Deluxe at 330 reais (BRL), but "PS5" was not in its title name, whereas the Deluxe Ed. without the discount which is at 370 reais (BRL) states PS5 version included. So I guess the discount equals to no PS5 upgrade.

No. Read through the the posts above for clarification.

5 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

Also, the only way I was able to find the discounted version was at the "Just for you..." section of the PS Store. Any other sections of the Store, including the search engine, will only show the most expensive version.

The discount is available for those who own F1 2020 or, I think, F1 2019. As such to get this I thought the only way to get this was via the in-game link, although possibly if you own a digital version of one of these games you have found another way to get it? It is not intended to be an option available for everyone in the PS Store.

11 minutes ago, Matthtafc said:

So is it definite that you get the PS5 version too as just pre ordered with the 10% discount 

This has been confirmed by @BarryBL yes. 

Also I aksed him personally about why the ps5 version isnt showing up in the auto download screen. And he says its because of the limitations what they can change in the ps store. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Ranger77Ice said:

This has been confirmed by @BarryBL yes. 

Also I aksed him personally about why the ps5 version isnt showing up in the auto download screen. And he says its because of the limitations what they can change in the ps store. 

Thank you very much

• Thanks 1

I did some digging around of my own because I was also concerned about the PS4 label on the 10% discount version, so I went looking for info from a PS4 physical copy of the game to see if it said anything about a PS5 upgrade. 

From this site it states https://www.target.com/p/f1-2021-playstation-4/-/A-82835794

"F1® 2021 supports Xbox Smart Delivery and PlayStation’s free upgrade when players switch to an Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation 5."

Not that I have any insider information but I am fairly confident this would apply to the digital version as well. So while the preorder auto-download MIGHT download the PS4 version of the game (because who knows how the preorder download works) you should be able to request the PS5 version from the store when it's released. Or at least choose it from the "..." menu when on the game's product screen on your home screen. That's how other PS4/5 games I've downloaded have behaved (No Man's Sky, Sackboy Adventure, Miles Morales), mind you those were all after it was released, not during the preorder window.

1 minute ago, TheNoodleman said:

I did some digging around of my own because I was also concerned about the PS4 label on the 10% discount version, so I went looking for info from a PS4 physical copy of the game to see if it said anything about a PS5 upgrade. 

From this site it states https://www.target.com/p/f1-2021-playstation-4/-/A-82835794

"F1® 2021 supports Xbox Smart Delivery and PlayStation’s free upgrade when players switch to an Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation 5."

Not that I have any insider information but I am fairly confident this would apply to the digital version as well. So while the preorder auto-download MIGHT download the PS4 version of the game (because who knows how the preorder download works) you should be able to request the PS5 version from the store when it's released. Or at least choose it from the "..." menu when on the game's product screen on your home screen. That's how other PS4/5 games I've downloaded have behaved (No Man's Sky, Sackboy Adventure, Miles Morales), mind you those were all after it was released, not during the preorder window.

Yes barry told me that when the game releases it will be possible to download the ps5 version. But for me it wasnt really clear if it was a completly other game wich requires a download or just a update or something if you know what i mean. But untill now with other games ive had to download the ps5 version of the game again to play the ps5 version. So i wouldnt turn on the auto download of the ps4 version. Because this would double download it.

39 minutes ago, pleo2005 said:

Hi there

Is there a 10% discount available for the standard version of F1 2021, when I click on the pre order link in F1 2020 it only takes me to the deluxe edition

Thanks

No its only possible to get 10% off with the deluxe edition.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, pleo2005 said:

Is there a 10% discount available for the standard version of F1 2021, when I click on the pre order link in F1 2020 it only takes me to the deluxe edition

No but disc versions of the standard game are available for a lot more than 10% cheaper than full price if this is an option for you?