Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 Pre-order discount.

On 5/20/2021 at 1:53 PM, BarryBL said:

Just to clarify, I've had a update here (we're always watching 😛 )

We've asked for some changes to the wording on the PlayStation store to hopefully make this clearer.

The wording now states that the product entitles you to download both the digital PS4 version and the digital PS5 version of the game and we are also working to update the wording on the in-game news item which is something that has been mentioned here. There is no difference between buying the Deluxe edition through the store by searching for it and buying it through the in-game news item (except for the price of course on PlayStation) and you will get both versions and everything that the description states

Hey. Just found your answer right now.

Posted a question in another thread.

Will this beeing fixed so that the PS5 version will also be confirmed on the PSN website, (bought games) before release?

Otherwise I can't use the PS5 version to auto download  ...

Screenshot_20210629-213344_Chrome.jpg

21 minutes ago, Hellseeker1332 said:

Hey. Just found your answer right now.

Posted a question in another thread.

Will this beeing fixed so that the PS5 version will also be confirmed on the PSN website, (bought games) before release?

Otherwise I can't use the PS5 version to auto download  ...

Screenshot_20210629-213344_Chrome.jpg

This is what i meant by the auto download. 

• Agree 1
29 minutes ago, Hellseeker1332 said:

Yes, at the moment I'm afraid that we still can't download the PS5 version even after release, as long as the PS5 version doesnt shows up as a bpught version on PSN.

Yep im also still worried about it

I’ve used the link within F1 2020 to pre-order the game and get the discount.

I have a PS5 and now when I go onto the PS Store, I’m unable to buy the PS5 version of the game as it recognises that I’ve already bought it. This is how it’s meant to work.

I assume that when the game is available to pre-download, we’ll get the choice of which version we want to install?

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

You have both the PS4 and PS5 versions from your download, as stated before. 

That's good to hear ... The point why Im afraid is that people who bought the Deluxe edition in the store can see the PS5 version as well on the website as a confirmed part.

As you can see in my screenshot Dirt 5 for example shows both versions but F1 2021 just the PS4 version as a confirmed purchase ... 

As long as this is like it is we are definitely not able to mark the PS5 version as part of the pre download 24h before release.

That's the case. 

My doubts are also that the PSN system doesn't give us the licence for PS5 as long as it isn't a confirmed purchase.

But if this won't happen Im fine with it.

2 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

No sorry, that's not the issue.

Edited by Hellseeker1332
2 minutes ago, Hellseeker1332 said:

That's good to hear ... The point why Im afraid is that people who bought the Deluxe edition in the store can see the PS5 version as well on the website as a confirmed part.

As you can see in my screenshot Dirt 5 for example shows both versions but F1 2021 just the PS4 version as a confirmed purchase ... 

As long as this is like it is we are definitely not able to mark the PS5 version as part of the pre download 24h before release.

That's the case. 

My doubts are also that the PSN system doesn't give as the licence for PS5 as long as it isn't a confirmed purchase.

But if this won't happen Im fine with it.

No sorry, that's not the issue.

I agree with you.

I pre ordered Deluxe Edition from in-game store as well. It looks like we won’t be able to pre-load PS5 version of the game.

I hope Codemaster will release a PS5 upgrade add to store when the game launches.

FE925187-F38C-4551-9913-70D942B6A083.jpeg

2 hours ago, ReisGoktug said:

I pre ordered Deluxe Edition from in-game store as well. It looks like we won’t be able to pre-load PS5 version of the game.

I hope Codemaster will release a PS5 upgrade add to store when the game launches.

FE925187-F38C-4551-9913-70D942B6A083.jpeg

I hope it’s because we’ve pre-ordered through the link on a PS4 game, so it’s the PS4 version of the game that will be loaded first by default.

For those of us that have a PS5, I imagine we’ll have the option to download the PS5 version when the pre-download is live. @BarryBL can you confirm?

To me it just seems like the auto preloader is just assuming we need the PS4 version and it's not programmed to recognize a need to cross platforms or anything like that. (So as scary as it might look now we'll probably easily be able to download the PS5 version manually when the game actually drops.)

1 hour ago, Zachrulez said:

To me it just seems like the auto preloader is just assuming we need the PS4 version and it's not programmed to recognize a need to cross platforms or anything like that. (So as scary as it might look now we'll probably easily be able to download the PS5 version manually when the game actually drops.)

I hope so.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

Hopefully you are right.

But to me it doesn't looks like that it is just the auto preloader.

Just take a look at your purchases on psn websitse:

Confirmed purchases from F1 2020 link looks like that:

Screenshot_20210629-213344_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a9e2d4f3ff34ec26be7ac9789d89d57e.jpg

Confirmed purchases from store looks like that:

FB_IMG_1625145260533.thumb.jpg.a0a9b6428eaedf3182726de99d7c7523.jpg

Edited by Hellseeker1332
6 minutes ago, Hellseeker1332 said:

Hopefully you are right.

But to me it doesn't looks likwöe that it is just the auto preloader.

Just take a look at your purchases on psn websitse:

Confirmed purchases from F1 2020 link looks like that:

Screenshot_20210629-213344_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a9e2d4f3ff34ec26be7ac9789d89d57e.jpg

Confirmed purchases from store looks like that:

FB_IMG_1625145260533.thumb.jpg.a0a9b6428eaedf3182726de99d7c7523.jpg

@BarryBL Can you explain this?

• Administrator

The wording now states that the product entitles you to download both the digital PS4 version and the digital PS5 version of the game and we are also working to update the wording on the in-game news item which is something that has been mentioned here. There is no difference between buying the Deluxe edition through the store by searching for it and buying it through the in-game news item (except for the price of course on PlayStation) and you will get both versions and everything that the description states

• Thanks 2
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BarryBL said:

The wording now states that the product entitles you to download both the digital PS4 version and the digital PS5 version of the game and we are also working to update the wording on the in-game news item which is something that has been mentioned here. There is no difference between buying the Deluxe edition through the store by searching for it and buying it through the in-game news item (except for the price of course on PlayStation) and you will get both versions and everything that the description states*

I don't think you have completely understood the issue here. No one has ever suggested that you won't get both versions with your purchase and that any wording needs changing.

The issue is with the in-game link on F1 2020 , I've used that method and it's only giving me the option to pre-download the PS4 version (I have a PS5). If you buy through the PS Store you can select which version to pre-download. It's almost like the in game link doesn't recognise the existence of a PS5 version.

Additionally the game now says unavailable in the PS Store for me. Other games I've pre-ordered, such as Madden 22, say 'In Library'.

Edited by Sadler
  • Agree 2
  • Administrator

Your in-game link is a dual entitlement to both version. You will get both versions regardless. With the in-game message, we can only link it to 1 product code as it needs a direct URL/link/address, you will recieve both entitlements to the game. You may just have to download the PS5 one on the day. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve just pre-ordered via the f1 2020 link and have run into this problem. Although the terms and conditions clearly states both versions should be included, it’s only giving me the option to auto-download the PS4 version of the game! My PSN store now shows the normal listings as unavailable. I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to auto download the ps5 version and nervous that I’m going to run into technical problems due to this obvious error in the way the content has been listed on the psn store.

disappointing that this still hasn’t been fixed considering the date that this was originally flagged up by the OP. I think I might fill out the form and cancel the pre-order if this doesn’t get sorted (I.e it gives me the option to auto download the ps5 version) in the next few days.

Hello everyone,

Quick question regarding the online lobbies on both PS4 and PS5 : can we actually race in the same online lobby with players on both platforms (PS4 and PS5) altogether?

I mean can I play the PS5 version online and race with players on PS4 in the same lobby

Or is it gonna be like other titles such as Fifa 21 where we have to manually select the platform PS4 or PS5 before starting the game?
Thanks

Just now, Clyvesh said:

Hello everyone,

Quick question regarding the online lobbies on both PS4 and PS5 : can we actually race in the same online lobby with players on both platforms (PS4 and PS5) altogether?

I mean can I play the PS5 version online and race with players on PS4 in the same lobby

I've seen it confirmed somewhere that the answer is yes. Probably this video I think:

50 minutes ago, Scarface88UK said:

I’ve just pre-ordered via the f1 2020 link and have run into this problem. Although the terms and conditions clearly states both versions should be included, it’s only giving me the option to auto-download the PS4 version of the game! My PSN store now shows the normal listings as unavailable. I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to auto download the ps5 version and nervous that I’m going to run into technical problems due to this obvious error in the way the content has been listed on the psn store.

disappointing that this still hasn’t been fixed considering the date that this was originally flagged up by the OP. I think I might fill out the form and cancel the pre-order if this doesn’t get sorted (I.e it gives me the option to auto download the ps5 version) in the next few days.

Barry has explained it in his posts above. 

It’s likely that the PS4 version will auto-download and that we’ll have to download the PS5 version manually come the 13th July. There are bigger problems to have.

1 hour ago, Scarface88UK said:

Just imagine that ive made this topic from the moment you can pre order the game (when i pre ordert it). Its unbelivable it isnt fixed yet. Ive played every f1 game from codemaster since the beginning. And this is sadly the service you get.

• Agree 1