F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

F1 TRACKS ACCURACY FOR F1 2021

Posted (edited)

I was watching that guy named Marcel Fischer, who made a lot of videos showing how bad some tracks of F1 are.

MotoGP 21 comes out today and by the gameplay you can see how good the tracks are compare to F1, even Barcelona, they already have the new turn 10 and Codemasters will probably wont make it, but remember last year they changed last sector of Barcelona, did a great job, but why they cant update every track?

We are getting Imola, Portimão and Jeddah, post-launch its no the greatest but its ok, you can see by yourself how different the track are, but some even if they are different the flow is really good like: Australia, Bahrein, France and Zandvoort best tracks in the game btw, Mexico, Baku. 

@BarryBL Hope you can have a bunch of good news about it.

Edited by RafaelMartins53
  • Agree 1

If you come here new and want to immediately start criticizing Codemasters, maybe spend a few seconds of your time doing two things first:

1) Look if the subject has been brought up before or not. It has.

2) Think a bit longer why some new tracks will be added later. It’s not that hard. Those tracks have only recently been announced and creating a track in an F1 game takes quite some time. They could also have chosen to release the game later, which they didn’t. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, BarryB said:

If you come here new and want to immediately start criticizing Codemasters, maybe spend a few seconds of your time doing two things first:

1) Look if the subject has been brought up before or not. It has.

2) Think a bit longer why some new tracks will be added later. It’s not that hard. Those tracks have only recently been announced and creating a track in an F1 game takes quite some time. They could also have chosen to release the game later, which they didn’t. 

1) but remember last year they changed last sector of Barcelona, did a great job

2) but some even if they are different the flow is really good like: Australia, Bahrein, France and Zandvoort best tracks in the game btw, Mexico, Baku.
I love the game, i and want the best of it, drive in laser scanned tracks if possible, the best ffb, im not criticizing Codemasters, and i dont want to start something there here, so please dont take it to the wrong way, my apologies to code if i made something, but dont come here and put some words on my thoughts. 

Some tracks are from 2015 so, i dont care if take to long to Imola or Portimão came to the game, at some point will be in the game. So please, dont take it personal or wathever, just wishing something happen, look at they did on Barcelona last year, change the track for better, why no doing this on bus stop chicane? I know its hard, but its possible.

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language. 

Edited by RafaelMartins53

Hi @Paradox53,

Thanks for the post.

To add some substance here, completing a F1 track for the game, in usual pre-COVID world circumstances, takes around (and sometimes) over a year to create, With implications and sanctions on travel etc, I can only assume this slows this down quite a lot. (Must stress I'm not a level designer here, or we'd all be in BIGGGGGG trouble 😛 )

Remember also, that the circuits when designed have to go through a number of stakeholders approval before entering the game. Our priority this year is to add the 3 new, approved circuits for the official 2021 calendar, and I believe that is the right decision. However, I'll take the video and pass it onto the team for review.

Also, the title is quite dramatic. It's not we've added a loop or a series of jumps or anything. Understand the need for detail however.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Paradox53,

Thanks for the post.

To add some substance here, completing a F1 track for the game, in usual pre-COVID world circumstances, takes around (and sometimes) over a year to create, With implications and sanctions on travel etc, I can only assume this slows this down quite a lot. (Must stress I'm not a level designer here, or we'd all be in BIGGGGGG trouble 😛 )

Remember also, that the circuits when designed have to go through a number of stakeholders approval before entering the game. Our priority this year is to add the 3 new, approved circuits for the official 2021 calendar, and I believe that is the right decision. However, I'll take the video and pass it onto the team for review.

Hi, @BarryBL,

Thanks for the answear, and the time.

I know it's really hard to create something new from zero, but my point is, Imola and Portimão without a doubt will come amazing, because France and Zandvoort are the best tracks on the game and you guys did an amazing job!

I just want to know what happen to other tracks, like, i love to drive around Singapore this year, the car feels amazing, the FFB is so good, the improve from 2019 was extreme. But i can feel the same when im driving around Spa for example, just want to know if you guys are aware and has someone looking to this, the game is becoming better and better over the years and i know you guys can make it real.

Sorry if i did something wrong and thanks a lot for helping me and answering this post. I just want the best for the game, like you guys.

No, nothing wrong at all @Paradox53, its a good video and one I can pass on.

Will be something we will try to get to, but we have a amount of resource available and I'm confident their priority right now its to make the 3 new circuits as accurate as possible, and to also get them into the 2021 as soon as we can so people can enjoy the circuits in-game. 👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

No, nothing wrong at all @Paradox53, its a good video and one I can pass on.

Will be something we will try to get to, but we have a amount of resource available and I'm confident their priority right now its to make the 3 new circuits as accurate as possible, and to also get them into the 2021 as soon as we can so people can enjoy the circuits in-game. 👍

Well, i know you guys are in the right path and those tracks will be amazing!

Thanks again @BarryBL for your time and patience! Hope we can get some new infos ASAP. This will be the best F1 game of all time. 

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

It's not we've added a loop or a series of jumps or anything.

New DLC idea? :classic_biggrin:

Wait, what.... the new tracks wont be there at launch???

I totally missed this. Well ok, what is the real launch date when we can actually play the 2021 season? That’s when i’ll buy the game.

6 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I totally missed this. Well ok, what is the real launch date when we can actually play the 2021 season? That’s when i’ll buy the game.

We don't know yet and my bet is Codemasters don't either (for certain).

52 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

We don't know yet and my bet is Codemasters don't either (for certain).

Now im confused... I hadn’t seen this (but only skimmed the announcement). The post above in this thread seems to be talking as though this is announced?

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Now im confused... I hadn’t seen this (but only skimmed the announcement). The post above in this thread seems to be talking as though this is announced?

All the info. we have is in the initial game launch info. Have another read:

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/f1/f1-2021/news/announcing-f1-2021

Edit: to be clear, we know the tracks will be added post-launch, but we don't know when post-launch. This was the part of your post I was responding to but I can see it may not have been clear.

Edited by Ultra3142

7 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Well, maybe Imola and Portimão can be release at launch. It all depends on Code efforts, maybe they focus on those two tracks and get Jeddah after, thats what im thinking.

Im hoping for a trailer of Portimão next thursday/friday since it's race week, and last year a Zandvoort hotlap was released at this point.

But next month we will get a lot of content, and some answear of those doubts. That's no the point of this topic, Imola and Portimão will come at some point, but the some others tracks need a look and care too, i like those efforts on a Breaking point story mode, but for me Physics and tracks are much more important, since we spend much more time driving the car, of course the background is important but other things are too. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Paradox53 said:

Well, maybe Imola and Portimão can be release at launch.

That does seem very unlikely to be honest, given that the game launch info. said that they wouldn't be. I like your optimism though :classic_smile:.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I watched this video.  I hesitated at first because I enjoy driving Spa and I didn't want this to ruin it for me by pointing out some glaring mistake.  However after watching it I'm more concerned about 4 minutes and 38 seconds I won't get back.  :classic_biggrin:  I think the biggest issue there in the video is the bus stop.   To me that one seems like something that should be fixed up.  The rest seems mostly cosmetic to me and I dont think makes a difference either way.  I get the want and desire for things to be detailed, but it's not going to be 100% perfect; it's still a game a and recreation/representation of the track afterall. 

I kind of feel like part of it was done by design by Codies.  Such as those two walls at the turn exits that are closer than they should be, and the one turn without the concrete exits.  I feel like they're in part by design to prevent players from taking advantage of the extra track space.  I'm probably wrong there, but it seems like it may make sense.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Paradox53 said:

Well, maybe Imola and Portimão can be release at launch. It all depends on Code efforts, maybe they focus on those two tracks and get Jeddah after, thats what im thinking.

Im hoping for a trailer of Portimão next thursday/friday since it's race week, and last year a Zandvoort hotlap was released at this point.

But next month we will get a lot of content, and some answear of those doubts. That's no the point of this topic, Imola and Portimão will come at some point, but the some others tracks need a look and care too, i like those efforts on a Breaking point story mode, but for me Physics and tracks are much more important, since we spend much more time driving the car, of course the background is important but other things are too. 

Totally agree - i really dont get why they are focusing on new content (that some people wont be interested in at all) at the expense of providing the actual 2021 experience at launch.

This will be the first time since F1 2011 that this game series wont be a pre-order or launch day purchase for me, simply not interested in ‘fluff’ if I can’t drive the actual tracks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, petro1319 said:

I watched this video.  I hesitated at first because I enjoy driving Spa and I didn't want this to ruin it for me by pointing out some glaring mistake.  However after watching it I'm more concerned about 4 minutes and 38 seconds I won't get back.  :classic_biggrin:  I think the biggest issue there in the video is the bus stop.   To me that one seems like something that should be fixed up.  The rest seems mostly cosmetic to me and I dont think makes a difference either way.  I get the want and desire for things to be detailed, but it's not going to be 100% perfect; it's still a game a and recreation/representation of the track afterall. 

I kind of feel like part of it was done by design by Codies.  Such as those two walls at the turn exits that are closer than they should be, and the one turn without the concrete exits.  I feel like they're in part by design to prevent players from taking advantage of the extra track space.  I'm probably wrong there, but it seems like it may make sense.

You guys can see on this video, how the same company have different tracks for each game, i dont understand how this work and how they manage to do those games but clearly they can provide us better tracks since they already have in other games. It's the same for Red Bull Ring for example. 

39 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Totally agree - i really dont get why they are focusing on new content (that some people wont be interested in at all) at the expense of providing the actual 2021 experience at launch.

This will be the first time since F1 2011 that this game series wont be a pre-order or launch day purchase for me, simply not interested in ‘fluff’ if I can’t drive the actual tracks.

Ye, that is true at least the news cars will be at the launch and the hype for Imola and Portimão will be bit less on July.

But compare 2019 game to 2020 we can see the difference especially on Physics hope they can improve a lot for this year, better tyre model, a better cam settings more deep configurations.

Like they always say for us, to be a sim not necessary need to be a hardcore sim, but like better tracks, better ffb some other things help to us feel more in the environment of F1.

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2021 at 4:05 PM, Paradox53 said:

Ye, that is true at least the news cars will be at the launch and the hype for Imola and Portimão will be bit less on July.

But compare 2019 game to 2020 we can see the difference especially on Physics hope they can improve a lot for this year, better tyre model, a better cam settings more deep configurations.

Like they always say for us, to be a sim not necessary need to be a hardcore sim, but like better tracks, better ffb some other things help to us feel more in the environment of F1.

What do you mean by better Cam Settings / I always have toweling that  the tracks are to narrow - while the track should be wider the surroundings are spent to much space ??

The next for me is to set right view in cockpit view as the wheel on my 43 inch monitor is already 32 cm and it should be only 28 max 30 . So then why is the right setting for the angles and because there is no cam for cockpit view on races I guess the dimensions etc are not corresponding to what they should .

However the tracks are to narrow in TV-Cam view as well from my point of view ....

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

What do you mean by better Cam Settings / I always have toweling that  the tracks are to narrow - while the track should be wider the surroundings are spent to much space ??

The next for me is to set right view in cockpit view as the wheel on my 43 inch monitor is already 32 cm and it should be only 28 max 30 . So then why is the right setting for the angles and because there is no cam for cockpit view on races I guess the dimensions etc are not corresponding to what they should .

However the tracks are to narrow in TV-Cam view as well from my point of view ....

I mean a more customization cam settings, like in other Sims, ACC for example, you can do whatever you want with the camera and on F1 you dont have that sort of customization, is so limited compare to ACC or AC. For example you cant do a dashboard cam with cockpit. Sometimes in TV-Cam the game feels like a toy game, like a Hotwheels to be honest. It's so smalle, i think the scale of the game could be better and the track like you said could be much more streched. 

On 4/22/2021 at 12:55 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi @Paradox53,

Thanks for the post.

Also, the title is quite dramatic. It's not we've added a loop or a series of jumps or anything. Understand the need for detail however.

Hi Barry,

thank you for forwarding the video to the team. I would encourage your team to also check out the rest of the channel, as the uploader goes over almost every track with a fine comb and points out inaccuracies of the tracks, most of which relate to outdated curbing, and are pretty minor and would not be very time-consuming to correct. The goal here should be to have the most accurate representation of the F1 tracks as they look in the current season.

And, yeah, please when looking at these, ignore the clickbaity overly dramatic video titles and focus on the substance of the videos. It's clear the titles are written that way to attract views, but I think the uploader did a great job pointing out the inaccuracies and personally I think these videos could help your team a great deal to bring the tracks up to date. As a fellow Env Artist, I would be thankful to have these in a JIRA somewhere. 

Cheers!

• Like 2

I don't understand why some people need green areas next to the track or a narrower asphalt zone if you never drive there anyway.
As long as the race track is recognizable and mostly correct, you can't say anything. Not every house has to be in the exact place or every tree has to have the exact shape.
I think that's nitpicking.

Developers should rather concentrate on bringing new tracks into the game (imola, portimao).
and not waste their time adding some green areas in spa that you don't need anyway.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

I don't understand why some people need green areas next to the track or a narrower asphalt zone if you never drive there anyway.
As long as the race track is recognizable and mostly correct, you can't say anything. Not every house has to be in the exact place or every tree has to have the exact shape.
I think that's nitpicking.

Developers should rather concentrate on bringing new tracks into the game (imola, portimao).
and not waste their time adding some green areas in spa that you don't need anyway.

I don't think you are understanding the importance of this , I noticed that in the 2020 version of the Monaco track at St.Devote they missed a discarded yoghurt top from a petit filou that was over in the far right hand corner that was being used as a braking reference in real life , this is why it is important to replicate every detail and especially when you have zero interest in the game having VR support as it would be of little use to you.

Extreme realism is very important except when it doesn't matter of course because its just a game, its complicated. Anyway sandwich wrappers need to be added as well if we are talking of realism. I hope Code masters will be putting those in the game.

• Agree 1